IGNORED

Carrying Weapons (on the golf course)

6iron

Since Obama became the head of state, we have had to close our membership.

??? I'm gonna attribute that one to New York State. They don't need anybody's help in regulating/prohibiting handgun ownership/ranges.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

100% of the time i have my gerber boot knife on me, and if they pull it while i am putting the clubs in the trunk...well...

|Callaway FT-9 Tour Neutral 9.5 Diamana BlueBoard| TaylorMade TourLaunch 14.5 Matrix Ozik F7M2 X| Adams Idea Pro 20 Matrix Ozik Altus X| Mizuno MP-32 4-PW TTDG S300|Titleist Vokey 50| Tour Issue Titleist Black Ni Vokey SM 54|Callaway X Forged 62 || Kirk Currie Brazos| Callaway Tour IX/...

Wow, this thread really opened my eyes. I had no idea so many (golfers or people) carried. I get it and support it, but I just really had no idea it was so widespread.

Wow, this thread really opened my eyes. I had no idea so many (golfers or people) carried. I get it and support it, but I just really had no idea it was so widespread.

And the important thing is that the thugs don't know who's carrying. That always gives the toter a little extra edge on the situation.

I was reading the posts about the retired LEO that wasn't a sharp shooter. That's okay. I couldn't hit a person at the opposite end of a football field with my pistol, but then I wouldn't want to or need to hit someone that far away. If someone is outside of 20 - 25', I still have time to avoid confrontation with deadly force. If that same person is inside of said range and has intentions of causing harm to me or my family, I can guarantee that no less than one of my .40 JHP will hit the target. I hope I never have to pull the trigger to take out another human , but if they put me in that situation, I will promise them that I'll do everything in my power to cause them to fail. I've only had to pull my gun once. The three guys saw what they were up against and decided that it wasn't in their best interest to pursue their original plan.

In my bag:
Driver X460 TOUR OPTIFIT 10.5* Graphite
FW 3W BIG BERTHA DIABLO 13* Graphite
FW 5W BIG BERTHA DIABLO 18* Graphite
Irons X-22 IRONS 5 - PW & SW GraphitePutter Odyssey Dual Force Rossie IIUnder my bag: 2007 EZGO ~ Customized

• 11 years later...

So I play my local course with LED golf balls at night and always have my gun on me as the course is surrounded by apts and homes However I used to never think about taking a gun to the golf course until I was almost jumped during the day by the group of 4 in front of me… my ball landed close to them which was completely my fault for thinking I had less power on the swing:/ besides the point  you could tell they were intoxicated because I pulled up and started apologizing right away and they instantly started talking shit saying if I wanted to get my ass beat and what not. 4 guys facing me pissed off one of them shoved me and I knew it would end up with me knocked out on the floor so I just ignored the shove got back in my cart and went to the next hole … I’ve always had my gun since! Now would I shoot someone at the golf course? NO! but I’m definitely not getting jumped or touched again.. when it comes to a golf course and excessive testosterone levels all over the place it’s just for show if you know what I mean! Leave me alone and I’ll do the same 

• Administrator

Note: This thread is 4290 days old.

😄

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 hours ago, iacas said:

😄

Maybe the thread could use a revival. Imagine most who previously participated are no longer around. 

It's a safe assumption that if I'm wearing pants, I have a pistol and a knife on me. Golf courses included. Rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it. 

I skimmed some of the thread, so not sure if this was previously mentioned. But the idea of needing it for a human problem isn't the only reason to carry on the course. Stray dogs and wildlife (depending where you live) could pose an even more likely threat. 

The idea that it's paranoia is nonsense. How many stories recounting violent attacks start with, "I never thought it would happen to me", or "I never thought this could happen here"?

Make whatever decision you feel comfortable with. 

TaylorMade Sim Max 9° - Fujikura Ventus Blue / Rombax
Callaway X-Hot Pro 15° - Project X 6.0
Snake Eyes 600B 3-PW - Dynamic Gold s300
Snake Eyes 685BX Fluid Forged 52°, 56°, 60° - Dynamic Gold s300
Snake Eyes MSC1 / Golfsmith NCC - 1701
Maxfli Tour X

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades