IGNORED

Carrying Weapons (on the golf course)

6iron

------

You can be the big boy and walk into the knackers area with your gun.

But what does that get you? I'll stick to the safe side of town, I've no reason to go over to that side. I'll keep my teeth in my head, thanks. iacas, you can look up crime stats in ireland from the central statistics office. Look them up.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can be the big boy and walk into the knackers area with your gun.

Even though I'm neither pro or anti gun per se the idea that just because I possess a firearm that I would feel safer making my way through compton really didn't strike me as a good point.

It would also take the fun out of shopping or anything else if you went with your sister and had to stand there and watch someone rape your little sister while you could do nothing but stand there and hope you remember the emergency number when it's all over so you can call the cops to come take your statement. That hasn't happened to me, but that and much worse has happened all over this world.

Why would you need a gun to stop that person raping? Because he has a gun? Well then your gun is essentially useless if he has his pointed first.

If he has a knife and I have nothing, then I would still not just stand there

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

No one is going to agree here lol :P

I wouldn't walk through the alleys of any large city in the world and feel safe (at night). That is just asking to be messed with in some way. I haven't been to CA since I was a kid so I don't know how safe it is in compared with the US.

The issue isn't people who have guns legally. They aren't going to mess with you. The criminals who don't care about gun laws are. Our gun rights among many other freedoms make this country great. The safest nation in the world requires everyone to own a gun (I believe it is sweden) because of WWII. I like the fact that if someone breaks in my house I have the abilty to protect my family and don't have to wait on the police.

Brian

I remember that guy who killed 17 students in cold blood at a school in america.

And if a law abiding citizen hadn't had his gun in his car, that maniac would have killed many more.

The criminals will always have guns. Where were the police when that happened. They, again, were there after the majority of the killings took place. You people that aren't allowed to have guns because you allowed your government to take them away, are nothing but sheep on the side of a hill. You are at everyone else's mercy. I feel sorry for you, but you just keep saying you don't want guns. I'm glad that you don't have them then.
Minaic blowing up coffee shop: Iraq war fuelled by russia and America or a train in spain?: They say that was done by Al Queda. Part of iraq war again. church in ireland? England's fault. If you give people power there's a chance they'll abuse it. Guns don't solve anything, they make things worse.

The twin towers were destroyed by idiots in jet airplanes. They were maniacs. They took the planes by using knives. Had there been some law abiding citizens on those planes, carrying guns, that tragedy probably wouldn't have happened. Are you okay with your leaders taking everything in your possession that MIGHT cause trouble? Parents do that with their little kids. Is that really how you like your leaders treating you? Think about it! You don't have enough sense to own a gun so your government took them away from you. Now you are vunerable.

In my bag:
Driver X460 TOUR OPTIFIT 10.5* Graphite
FW 3W BIG BERTHA DIABLO 13* Graphite
FW 5W BIG BERTHA DIABLO 18* Graphite
Irons X-22 IRONS 5 - PW & SW GraphitePutter Odyssey Dual Force Rossie IIUnder my bag: 2007 EZGO ~ Customized

I wouldn't walk through the alleys of any large city in the world and feel safe (at night). That is just asking to be messed with in some way. I haven't been to CA since I was a kid so I don't know how safe it is in compared with the US.

Then you need to go to NZ and see how different it is and realize not every stranger is out to get you.

Start a poll. I don't know too many people (like approximately zero) who own a handgun and carry it "for protection". They carry it with permit to a shooting range. That's the essential difference. Most Canadians' legal guns are for hunting, and for recreation, not for shooting muggers.

I know at least 4 people who carry a gun legally and not just to the shooting range. You don't need a permit to carry a gun in your trunk. Heck, my wife used to carry around a 38 in her purse before I met her. She heard of too many bad things happening to women and wanted it to feel safe.

Brian

• Administrator
Why is it then that Canadians have more guns, but less gun crime?

I already answered the question. Even Michael Moore answered the question. Gun violence is an economic problem.

iacas, you can look up crime stats in ireland from the central statistics office. Look them up.

Look 'em up yourself. I've done my reading. I'm confident of my position.

Then you need to go to NZ and see how different it is and realize not every stranger is out to get you.

Nor are they here. But it only takes one...

I'm bowing out of the thread now. Gotta study for a PGA test tomorrow. Good luck, stay civil, and all that jazz.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'd like too. It would be a fun place to visit.

I'm not scared at all where I live. People here are nice and 99.9% of people are decent people. I just think hanging out at the bad parts of town isn't a good idea and would be a moron to go down to over the rhine in downtown Cincy or any other getto across the world in the middle of the night. That is just stupid.

Brian

another thing.

Probably most were "illegal alien" related. You know, they break the law to begin with just by being here. So they don't care if they break more laws. You know, we DO have a problem with that situation here in America.

In my bag:
Irons X-22 IRONS 5 - PW & SW GraphitePutter Odyssey Dual Force Rossie IIUnder my bag: 2007 EZGO ~ Customized

I'm just surprised no one has shot Michael Moore yet, even someone who is anti gun.

That dope would make too easy a target. Where's the sport in that?

My daddy taught me a long time ago that it was my job as a man to look after my family, and if that involved shooting the ••••••• who deemed it appropriate to try to cause harm to me or my loved ones or to invade my home right between the eyes, then so be it. I was taught to respect guns, but also to understand them and know how to use them. Years ago I was driving on the way to a golf tournament with my pregnant wife and our car broke down on the outskirts of a town in Texas. Lo and behold some scumbags tried to jack us. One had a knife and is no longer in this world. The other took off really quickly when he realized his friend had been shot. My wife has no regrets over shooting the fella. She remarked shortly thereafter that her only regret was that she wasted the second bullet since the first had found its mark. I'd trained her and she used the gun in the glove box. I'd fought for awhile with the tire iron but those things really aren't made for combat. She feels badly about taking another life, sorrowful, something. But she's proud - and I'm proud of her - that she had the stones so to speak to protect herself. I'm grateful for having taught her well. Some people are gun nuts. The NRA goes too far sometimes. But guns are tools and if used effectively, incredibly useful ones.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I know at least 4 people who carry a gun legally and not just to the shooting range. You don't need a permit to carry a gun in your trunk. Heck, my wife used to carry around a 38 in her purse before I met her. She heard of too many bad things happening to women and wanted it to feel safe.

Are you a Canadian?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I didn't know your poll was for Canadians only. I honestly have no clue what kind of gun laws you have.

Your original reply actually proved the point I was trying to make. Who says Canadians have more guns and who cares even if they do. Our guns are more likely to be counted as they're registered and either way, it's not like we're carrying them in our golf bags.

Regarding using a gun to shoot another person, the choice to overreact (subconsciously or otherwise) is often related to a previous grievance. A person whose life has been touched by a violent crime is more likely to react violently toward the next aggressor, even if their reaction is potientially worse than the offense being commited. I would't be surprised if some posters here would have put a couple slugs in the ocdude (sneaking onto a private course thread) before realizing he was just sneaking onto the course to play golf.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Why would you need a gun to stop that person raping? Because he has a gun? Well then your gun is essentially useless if he has his pointed first.

My point exactly. If that attacker was standing there banging on your sister while his partner was holding a gun, I wouldn't just stand there either. I would make some kind of effort to take them out. My situation would be just a little more even than yours. I would, at least, have a gun that would give me a slight edge over you standing there with tears rolling down your face. The chance could be that he misses me or just wounds me somewhat on that first shot, giving me a second chance to take him out. This all if full of "what ifs" but then yours are as well. I'm simply saying that I will have a better chance of neutralizing the situation than you will standing that with nothing more than the limbs of your body. You'll probably be killed after it's all over anyway just so they don't have to worry about leaving witnesses.

In my bag:

My point exactly. If that attacker was standing there banging on your sister while his partner was holding a gun, I wouldn't just stand there either. I would make some kind of effort to take them out. My situation would be just a little more even than yours. I would, at least, have a gun that would give me a slight edge over you standing there with tears rolling down your face. The chance could be that he misses me or just wounds me somewhat on that first shot, giving me a second chance to take him out. This all if full of "what ifs" but then yours are as well. I'm simply saying that I will have a better chance of neutralizing the situation than you will standing that with nothing more than the limbs of your body. You'll probably be killed after it's all over anyway just so they don't have to worry about leaving witnesses.

A. He would probably take your gun immediately.

B. If he didn't as soon as you attempt to grab yours, you're dead anyway. Gun is useless in this situation