IGNORED

Anyone ekse work out?

tmf9
Note: This thread is 4038 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

For the golf swing, I believe the key muscle groups for strength are core and legs. Musculoskeletal flexibility in the spine, pelvis, and shoulders is also important.

I have a limited amount of time in my schedule to work out (an hour per day), but this is my routine:

After work, drive directly to gym (if I don't go directly to the gym after work, I won't go).
30 minutes bike or stairmaster, then stretching
10 minutes core exercises (sit ups/leg lifts).
15 minutes glutes one day, then 15 minutes quads/hamstrings the next, then 15 minutes calves the next day.
30 minutes Yoga with my kids on the weekends

I'm a big guy, so I don't need more muscle mass in my upper body. Doing yoga and golf keeps my upper body somewhat toned.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Not for golf, but for rowing I train.

5 mile run on Mondays.
Body Circuits (push ups, tricep dips, one arm rows, squats ect) on Wednesdays
30min Ergo (rowing machine) on Fridays.

A lot about rowing is about flexibility and endurance. A bit like golf.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

I don't "workout" for golf. Though it may be a good thing for some people.

I've been racing triathlons for 21 years. Swim alittle, bike 5 days a week and run 2-3 times per week. I normally only swim when I race which is about 10 times a year. I bike an average of 28 miles when I ride. I run up to 5 miles each time I run. One workout each week is a 20 mile bike followed by a 3-5 mile run. Currently in the off-season so my cycling is done on a virtual reality cycling machine connected to my computer. I enter a few races each year that are held over the internet against people from all over the world. Running is done "as needed" to stay in running shape, swimming is finished until the outdoor pool opens again in April.

Triathlon is my first hobby......golf is my second. I use golf as an "easy" day in the training cycle.

Driver Callaway Diablo Edge --- Custom Sonartec 3, 5 and 7 woods made +1" stiff shafts --- Irons 5-L Ping G10 +1" 4.5* upright reg shafts --- ---Putter Tiger Shark

i don't work out specifically for golf, i work out just in trying to get my tubby self trimmed down. i started going back in august or early september, but didn't really commit fully to it until november. typical cardio for me right now is 40 mins stairmaster and two sets of 25 crunches at least 5 days a week. for actual working out, one day i'll focus on biceps, triceps, chest press, and lateral pulldown. then i'll skip a day (either entirely or just do cardio), then the third day i'll hit the machines that focus on my shoulders and back. i don't know how it happened, but my legs are already pretty near as good as they can be. i can get in the leg press machine (i think that's what it's called? where you sit down and push with your legs) and max out around 450 lbs. it's ridiculous, because my lower body is rock solid, and my upper body is all flabby and weak. oh well, sooner or later, i'll drop those extra 50 lbs i've got on me and get some muscle in the upper body.

I workout with weights 5-6x per week and love it. I don't do it specifically for golf but for general health and appearance, but the benefits definitely extend to golf and all my activities. I feel much stronger on the course, especially on the back nine when I need it. In all the years of working out and playing golf, I've come to one astounding conclusion - weight lifting is way easier than golf! /Dan

• 2 years later...

Man rediscovering this thread made me realize how damn skinny I used to be lol.  Put on 35 pounds of muscle in about 3 years.  But really this shows how much training can help the golf game, especially distance and balance.  I probably hit the ball 30 yards farther now than I did when I started this thread, and I am much more balanced in doing so

What's in my bag?
Driver- Taylormade TP Burner 2.0 5 wood- Launcher (4-GW)- Jpx Pro 800 SW- X Forged LW- 588 X Wedge- Tp-Z Putter- Unitized Tiempo

"Hard work beats talent"-Tim Tebow

Note: This thread is 4038 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!