IGNORED

Favorite glove....and why?

Note: This thread is 4984 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been using a FJ WeatherSof, but have been getting nasty blisters. Is that an issue with my grip, glove or both? Being a lefty, glove choices aren't great in stores.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mizuno Skintite (defunct?) and Titleist Players Gloves are both excellent. Soft, thin and durable...everything you want in a glove.

Other options Titleist Permasofts and FJ StaSofts. I tend to buy in bulk when there's a sale as you can never have enough gloves.
You don't know what pressure is until you've played for five dollars a hole with only two in your pocket - Lee Trevino

MP-600 @ 10.5°
Insight BUL 3-wood @ 15°
Insight BUL 5-wood @ 18° IDEA a2 4i Hybrid @ 23° MX-25 5-PW MP-R Series 52° > 50°/05° MP-R Series 54°/10° MP-R...

taylormade r9 glove is top notch

What's In My Bag

Driver R9 Supertri 9.5
3 WoodR9
3 Hybrid: Baffler DWSIrons X-20 Tour 4-PWGap Wedge RAC TP SmokeSand Wedge Vokey 56.14Lob Wedge Vokey SM 60.7Putter:SeeMore FGP Black

No matter what you buy (as long as it's the Targa

I've got 3-4 spare gloves in my bag, but I always take the glove off after a shot, so the time it spends on my hand during a round is very limited. It is also off for putting. So even on very hot days, I don't have a problem with sweat at all. The extra gloves I use on wet days when the gloves get soaked from water.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

taylormade r9 glove is top notch

I saw them and the burner glove and I really like the look of them. I'm kinda debating whether to go with the Targa (which by consensus seems like a good glove) or the burner(which will match my driver)

taylormade.gifR11S 9* Driver Aldila RIP Phenom 60 R Flex

taylormade.gifRBZ 3W 15* Matrix Ozik XCon-5 R Flex
taylormade.gif'11 Rescue Hybrids 3 (18*), 4 (21*) Aldila RIP 65 HB R Flex
taylormade.gifR11 5-PW KBS Steel R Flex | taylormade.gifTP XFT 52* 56* 60* KBS Steel

cameron.gif California Coronado 35" | ogio.gif Grom Black Plaid Bag |  Penta TP

I've used a Callaway glove that wore out in a hurry, a TaylorMade that wore out even faster, and now I'm using a Nike Dura Feel. Oddly enough, one of the longest lasting gloves I've had is a walmart brand (Athletic Works?) glove. I like the Nike I'm using now, but we'll see how long it lasts. It might have something to do with the fact that my hands seem to be between a Large and XL in size, so I wear Large because I like a tight fit. That seems like it's tough on the gloves.

The club selection of a true hacker:

Driver: Nike Dymo2 SQ
3 and 5 Wood: Nike Dymo2 SQ
Irons: Adams Idea Tech OS Hybrid Irons (5-PW)
Wedges: Maxfli 56* and 60*
Putter: Odyssey White Ice #1 in Copper

I've got 3-4 spare gloves in my bag, but I always take the glove off after a shot, so the time it spends on my hand during a round is very limited. It is also off for putting. So even on very hot days, I don't have a problem with sweat at all. The extra gloves I use on wet days when the gloves get soaked from water.

I take mine off between shots and for putting and I still end up using all four of my gloves when I play 18 on a normal summer day. I just sweat a lot.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Dri Fit Gloves are nice.

2010 Victory Red Staff Bag or Nike 2011 Performance Stand bag
Driver: Titleist 910 D3 with Diamana Whiteboard 83X (44")
3 Wood: SQ2 15° w/ Diamana Blueboard 83X (43")
5 Wood: SQ2 19° w/ Diamana Redboard 83X (42")
Irons + Wedges Nike Victory Red Pros 3-PW 52 56

I've been using a FJ WeatherSof, but have been getting nasty blisters. Is that an issue with my grip, glove or both? Being a lefty, glove choices aren't great in stores.

This is trypically more of a grip issue. If you are getting blisters than you are probably gripping the club too tightly. Or...if you don't golf that often, you may just not have calluses built up in the common blister areas.

What I Play:

Driver: R9 460
4 Wood: G15

Hy: Callaway FT 3Hy

Irons: AP1 4-PW

Wedges: Vokey 52* & 60*, Mizuno MP-T 10 58*

Putter: Newport Studio Select 2.7

Ball: Nike One Vapor

Titleist glove. They're just simple and strait forward. I can get about 3 weeks out of one before they get too cruddy to play with.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Mizuno Skintite

Very, very thin leather but last for ages and dont lose their shape

Taylormade RBZ 10.5 driver, Taylormade Burner 2.0 15 deg 3 wood, Mizuno JPX800 19deg hybrid, Taylormade Burner 2.0 4-PW, Titleist Vokey 52,56,60 rusty wedges, Odyssey White Ice #7 360gm tour weight, Bridgestone B330S

This is trypically more of a grip issue. If you are getting blisters than you are probably gripping the club too tightly. Or...if you don't golf that often, you may just not have calluses built up in the common blister areas.

Thank you for the response. It's likely both since I just started to play two weeks ago and I definitely have been gripping the clubs too tight. Maintaining a soft grip has been the toughest thing for me to overcome so far.

Joe Paradiso

Mizuno Retroflex. They fit my hand the best of any golf glove Ive ever used and they last me a really long time. I can typically get at least 6 months use (playing 2-3 rounds per week) before they start to turn black and get slick.

HJ Golf Allsoft Plus , best glove on the market for me. It has a nice bit of stretch material knuckles and fingers, plus more stretch on the velcro closure. It also has an extra heel pad and the fingers fit right. My left hand index finger is 1/4" shorter than my right hand, so most gloves leave a little flap at the end. I usually have to go with 'cadet' gloves in other models, but then the rest of the glove doesn't fit right. +1 for the Mizuno Retroflex. That was my glove of choice for 2+ years (go through about 5 or 6 a season), until I found the one listed above.

In my :nike:  bag on my :clicgear: cart ...

Driver: :ping: G10 9*    3-Wood: :cleveland: Launcher
Hybrid: :adams: 20* Hybrid      Irons: :ping: i5 4-GW - silver dot, +1/2"
Wedges: :cleveland: 56* (bent to 54*) and 60* CG10     Putter: :ping: Craz-e (original blue)

Mizuno Retroflex. They fit my hand the best of any golf glove Ive ever used and they last me a really long time. I can typically get at least 6 months use (playing 2-3 rounds per week) before they start to turn black and get slick.

When my gloves get black and slick I do this.

Put it on and spray with leather cleaner. Get a soft nail brush and give it a gentle scrub. Pad dry with some kitchen towel. Leave to dry. Easily doubles the life of my gloves

Taylormade RBZ 10.5 driver, Taylormade Burner 2.0 15 deg 3 wood, Mizuno JPX800 19deg hybrid, Taylormade Burner 2.0 4-PW, Titleist Vokey 52,56,60 rusty wedges, Odyssey White Ice #7 360gm tour weight, Bridgestone B330S

FootJoy WeatherSof. I've played it for 7 years.

Driver - Cobra S3 9.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon JavlnFX M7 
Fwy - Titleist 904F 18*
Irons - Mizuno MP-14
Wedges - Cleveland 588 54*, Ping Tour 58*
Putter - Ping D66 (iWi)

nike dri-fits...because i bought liek 10 pairs at the NIke Outlet store for cheappppp

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

Nike Xtreme Golf. It's the one above their bottom rung - about $12 a glove. Very breathable but still soft. And not too expensive so I don't mind wearing them out quickly in the summer when it's 95+ out all the time.

What's in my Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag that sits on my Clic Gear 3.0 Push Cart:
Driver TaylorMade Tour Burner 10.5° Fujikura SuperFast Stiff
3W TaylorMade Burner 15° TM REAX Stiff
Hybrid Cobra Baffler Rail H 19° Fujikura Motore Stiff
Irons TaylorMade  R7 3-PWWedges Cleveland CG14 52°.10 and...

Bionic. First one I've had, and I really like how it feels.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Note: This thread is 4984 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!