IGNORED

Haveing a steel shaft when all the others are senior flex

Note: This thread is 5022 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My son inherited Big Bertha x12 senior flex clubs from my dad. Currently he uses his sand wedge for chipping, and it doesn't flop enough when he uses it so the ball rolls too much. I happen to have a 60 degree steel shaft wedge. Is it a big problem difference to have one steel shaft in your bag if all the others are senior flex? I am not loaded with money and I figured this is a cheap way to add a lob wedge to his bag. I figure if he practices enough he will get used to the differences. Thanks

I would bet the senior flex shafts will be more of a hindrance than the stiff shafted wedge. If not now, very soon.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

I would bet the senior flex shafts will be more of a hindrance than the stiff shafted wedge. If not now, very soon.

+1.

give him the lob wedge, he'll get used to the weight quickly

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

Note: This thread is 5022 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!