IGNORED

Haveing a steel shaft when all the others are senior flex

Note: This thread is 3919 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My son inherited Big Bertha x12 senior flex clubs from my dad. Currently he uses his sand wedge for chipping, and it doesn't flop enough when he uses it so the ball rolls too much. I happen to have a 60 degree steel shaft wedge. Is it a big problem difference to have one steel shaft in your bag if all the others are senior flex? I am not loaded with money and I figured this is a cheap way to add a lob wedge to his bag. I figure if he practices enough he will get used to the differences. Thanks

I would bet the senior flex shafts will be more of a hindrance than the stiff shafted wedge. If not now, very soon.

+1.

give him the lob wedge, he'll get used to the weight quickly

Note: This thread is 3919 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasfeb21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
  • Popular Now

• I can see your irony detector is working well. Yes, only joking.👍
    • Hey this is my first post been looking on here for the last few weeks and think it's great the knowledge the community has collectively.    That being said I wanted to see if anyone could answer my question.    I know my swing is OK etc. And have the ability to play some good golf not great golf but good golf, my driver often let's me down though, causing a slice or a push due to leaving the club face open its the only club I do this with I have a baby draw with all irons, so I was practicing last week and a fellow golfer said why do you lean you're irons forward before you hit like that (forward press) got me thinking so I tried it with driver and boom baby draw again and again and again so consistent, I know I should just take it at its face value but can anyone explain why this is, I guess I'm weird I like to know how things work and why 😂
    • It still doesn't matter, because they're not his audience.
    • "Yes they are the audience." "No, they aren't the audience." "Yes they are the audience." That wasn't what I asked and your answer is irrelevant. I asked what the pros thought about his commentary. 
    • I didn’t read it, I wrote it.... I’m assuming your joking ?😐
  • Today's Birthdays

1. BigRedAl99
      BigRedAl99
      (68 years old)
    2. jmadsen
      jmadsen
      (58 years old)
    3. Nick Avisa
      Nick Avisa
      (55 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...