IGNORED

Fantasy Football

alomar123
Note: This thread is 4807 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I understand. I think I have a good plan laid out. I will let you know how it turns out. Our draft is tomorrow morning.

A few things:

1. Without exact scoring and roster rules, it's tough to give advice. But assuming "standard" peformance-based scoring and roster (plus a non-auction league)... 2. Your order is generally out of whack. Here's a quick summary of how you should draft: a. Defense should be picked second to last, Kicker should be picked last. Don't get backups for either position. Really, you should pick your D and K on a week-to-week basis. Basically, pick the D that is going against a rookie QB (or the Lions) -- rack up those turnovers and sacks. And pick a K on a team expected to win that week. Stats have shown that Ks on the winning teams score an average of 3 points more than a K on a losing team. b. Load up on RBs and WRs. Simply put, they are your lifeblood. Between injuries and trade bait, they are what is going to win your league (especially RBs). c. Unless you happen to get Tom Brady when he throws for 50 TDs, QBs tend to go higher than they should. There just isn't enough difference between Brees and say, Eli Manning, to make taking Brees in the first round when you can get E. Manning in the 8th (maybe later). However, I am a fan of grabbing 2 QBs in the mid-rounds for injury reasons and playing the matchups. d. Ditto TEs. There are plenty of good TEs to be found in later rounds. And you only need one of them (don't get a backup). 3. Just follow the cheat sheets from ESPN or wherever... you shouldn't get TOO far off course. If you look at the Top 200 rankings, you'll probably see a lot of what I said above is true. 4. Unless you get real lucky or you're playing with a bunch of noobs (or idiots), this year is going to be a learning experience.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Running backs and wide receivers are the most important. I lucked into Drew Brees last season, but I also had Brian Westbrook and Anquan Boldin. I had taken Brees in the third round because I was in a no-man's land, and he came up spades. My lack of a healthy marquee running back/wide receiver sank me.
For kickers, I'll look for a guy who plays in a dome. I grabbed Longwell in the last round. He's playing 8 home games in a dome, plus at least one division game (Lions) in a dome and an opening game against the Saints in a dome as well. That's at least ten games in domes. Hopefully he doesn't pull a groin.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Here is who I ended up with:

QBs
Aaron Rodgers
Ben Roethlisberger

RBs
Steven Jackson
Beanie Wells
Knowshon Moreno
Chester Taylor

WRs
Brandon Marshall
Pierre Garcon
Santana Moss
Mike Wallace
Devery Henderson

TE
Jermichael Finley

Kicker
Nate Keading

Defense
Philadelphia
Cincinnati

How did I do?

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Pretty good. Runningbacks are a bit weak, but overall pretty good.

Yeah, Jackson is pretty good but after that it was just what was left. I actually dropped Taylor to pick up Hightower. It's not a huge improvement, but better than Taylor

Bryan A

Yeah, Jackson is pretty good but after that it was just what was left. I actually dropped Taylor to pick up Hightower. It's not a huge improvement, but better than Taylor

Jackson is good, but can be injury prone with his workload. He will touch the ball a lot. See if Jerome Harrison from Cleveland is available as a free agent.

Then drop Wells or Hightower as they are on the same team and will split carries. Plus the Cards won't be good this year.

Jackson is good, but can be injury prone with his workload. He will touch the ball a lot. See if Jerome Harrison from Cleveland is available as a free agent.

He is not available. I got Hightower because I found out after the draft that Wells was questionable. Hightower will get a lot more touches with Wells out. Hightower was the highest ranked RB available other than Steve Slaton with Houston.

Bryan A

I'm not sure why, but our league is the only league of mine that hasn't updated the Win-Loss records for this week yet.

Just an observation.

The club selection of a true hacker:

Driver: Nike Dymo2 SQ
3 and 5 Wood: Nike Dymo2 SQ
Irons: Adams Idea Tech OS Hybrid Irons (5-PW)
Wedges: Maxfli 56* and 60*
Putter: Odyssey White Ice #1 in Copper

• 2 weeks later...
I have a question for this week....I have Hightower as a RB but I have read that Wells is supposed to start this week. Now I am thinking that wells will see limited play, but should I put Hightower on the bench in case Wells plays quite a bit? The only other back on the bench I have is Fred Taylor

Bryan A

I have a question for this week....I have Hightower as a RB but I have read that Wells is supposed to start this week. Now I am thinking that wells will see limited play, but should I put Hightower on the bench in case Wells plays quite a bit? The only other back on the bench I have is Fred Taylor

I don't think you have to worry about Wells TOO much this week. Hightower is the most likely to start and get 65-70% of the carries. Wells is probably not in game shape yet, because of the knee surgery. I do think Wells will be the better back in Arizona by the second half of the year, but not this weekend.

For Fred Taylor... it's tough to figure out the NE running game. In week #1, he got 14 carries vs. BJGE's 5. In week #2, he got 5 (vs. 10 for BJGE). On a more positive note, Buffalo is a better pass than run defense, and if NE gets up big early (like they did against Cin in week #1), then there will be more carries to go around. However, I think the answer is Hightower vs Oakland's poor run defense.

You're okay either way, Taylor will get more carries as Faulk is out, so it's just Taylor and Green-Ellis for rushing touches. I have Wells on my bench too, but will be sitting him this week to see what Arizona does with him and Hightower. Hightower should get most of the carries unless he proves to be ineffective of fumbles.

Both are facing good matchups so you should be safe. I'd play Taylor just because I expect NE will take the lead early and try to pound the ball to eat up clock time with the running game.

Joe Paradiso

• 2 weeks later...
I was like that the week before last and Brandon Marshall covered some slackers...he scored 25

Bryan A

During week two I had one of the most dominant weeks ever, which was made even more amazing because 2/3 or my points came from 3 players. Here is a picture, I'm on the left:

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

How deep is your league?

Bryan A

How deep is your league?

I would say moderately, but I did have a good draft. But it wasn't even huge stars that got me the points. It was Phillip Rivers, Jahvid Best, and Pitt's defense. None of those were top draft picks. In fact I got Best and Pitt's defense off waivers.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I would say moderately, but I did have a good draft. But it wasn't even huge stars that got me the points. It was Phillip Rivers, Jahvid Best, and Pitt's defense. None of those were top draft picks. In fact I got Best and Pitt's defense off waivers.

Yeah, I have been trying to pick some guys up on waivers but there is a couple of guys in my league that just live and die fantasy football I guess, and they always end up getting to them first.

Bryan A

Note: This thread is 4807 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!