IGNORED

Players Crossing Fairways

VinoGolfer
Note: This thread is 5023 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I never get why people feel they have to rush to play a round
its gonna take 4+ hours anyways, does it matter if you finish 10 minutes earlier?

My Clubs:
Ping I3 + blade 3-pw
9.5 09 Burner with prolaunch red
Nickent 4dx driver
Taylormade Z tp 52, 56, 60
YES Carolyne putter

One recent example which happened two weeks ago. ...

Great story. Obviously it would have been better to take the higher ground, but I can understand how frustrated you must have been. And he deserved something. Not sure what...but something.

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

is it really that hard? if they're there as you're getting to the tee and are free to hit, they can hit. if they aren't free to hit, they wait for you to hit. if you're to the tee first and they come driving mindlessly into your fairway as you're about to hit, they should get the f*** out of the way for a second. I don't know, it just seems like common sense. I guess all the people I've encountered in wrong fairway voyages are cool about it, we usually share a laugh and one of us waits for the other. But I guess there are self-entitled people out there.

I dunno. Seems a bit uptight for me. Even for golf. It's not Your fairway or Their fairway. It's the shareholders fairway. I wuould have said hey guys what's up. Sliced one huh? I bet you can get this next one close and patiently waited while they hit their next shot and thanked me and drove away. Lighten up guys. Noone wants to spend their money on their day off getting into arguments.

"My greatest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my golf clubs for what I told her I paid for them."
What's in my SQ Tour Carry bag?:
Driver: R7 Quad 9.5*
3, 5 Wood: G5 clones
Irons: : AP1 (4-PW) Wedges: 52*, 56*, 62* Spin Milled Putter: White Hot 2 Ball BladeBalls: Shoes: My...

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Glad this came up... I've been thinking that into another fairway was OOB and taking a penalty.

In my bag:
Driver X460 TOUR OPTIFIT 10.5* Graphite
FW 3W BIG BERTHA DIABLO 13* Graphite
FW 5W BIG BERTHA DIABLO 18* Graphite
Irons X-22 IRONS 5 - PW & SW GraphitePutter Odyssey Dual Force Rossie IIUnder my bag: 2007 EZGO ~ Customized

Lets face it.........for the last 15-20 years, golf etiquette has gone to shit. I learned the game from a guy in the navy who wouldnt let me go with him unless I could answer basic questions about etiquette. He said that a newbie is fine......as long as the newbie understands etiquette. I didnt understand why at first, but it made sense very soon after. Too many •••••••s buy $2000.00 worth of clubs these days and create back ups on every freaking course they go to. People are getting more rude each and every year.

The guy might have been a jerk, but what you did was worse than anything he did and totally uncalled for.

Lets face it.........for the last 15-20 years, golf etiquette has gone to shit. I learned the game from a guy in the navy who wouldnt let me go with him unless I could answer basic questions about etiquette. He said that a newbie is fine......as long as the newbie understands etiquette. I didnt understand why at first, but it made sense very soon after. Too many •••••••s buy $2000.00 worth of clubs these days and create back ups on every freaking course they go to. People are getting more rude each and every year.

I agree that what you did was totally uncalled for, to me it shows that you have absolutly no etiquette in the game of life. The reason he didn't say anything to you was he thought you were pyshco, if you were willing to do that to his clubs, just think what was going through his mind what you would do to him.

What's in my bag

Driver Dymo Squared Str8Fit 9.5
3 wood SZ 3 wood
Irons: 710 AP1Wedges: 52* oilcan, 56* oilcan spin milled Putter: Blue Chip OZ Ball: NXT

I do not disagree with any of you guys. I was way out of line! Even my wife couldnt believe it when I told her what happened. But then again.... she remembers alot of pranks we used to pull on each other in the military that might appear far more harmful to people than my shennanigans a couple weeks ago. We used to be brutal to each other with pranks. We did things to each other for fun..... that alot of people might be calling a lawyer over. But then again......we were are very close knit community.

I do not disagree with any of you guys. I was way out of line! Even my wife couldnt believe it when I told her what happened. But then again.... she remembers alot of pranks we used to pull on each other in the military that might appear far more harmful to people than my shennanigans a couple weeks ago. We used to be brutal to each other with pranks. We did things to each other for fun..... that alot of people might be calling a lawyer over. But then again......we were are very close knit community.

That is completely different. You threw a strangers bag and clubs into the water.

I agree that what you did was totally uncalled for, to me it shows that you have absolutly no etiquette in the game of life. The reason he didn't say anything to you was he thought you were pyshco, if you were willing to do that to his clubs, just think what was going through his mind what you would do to him.

Kind of crazy, but definitely mission accomplished - maybe chaw dude will be less of a tool next time.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

To the OP

There was once a time on 2 very tight par 4's where the group in front of us was very disrespectful(even hitting run-up happy gilmore drives) and flat out terrible golfers. Me and my buddy were playing behind them and we both hit the ball 270+ so we took a 20min break and let them get an entire hole ahead of us. So on the Tee my friend smacks a ball out about 270 and I step up to hit after my 2 practice swings I address the ball and am on my backswing when I hear my friend go "Woah Stop" I looked up and the group infront had driven right out onto our fairway about 270 yards out. Looking for there balls that they both scuffed off the Tee on the next hole.

I stepped away, but I guess they noticed I was going to swing so they stopped in the fairway and started watching us. I stepped even further back but they persisted. 5 Mins Later I yell "HIT YOUR BALL AND MOVE" still they stand there I yell " LOOK " and drop my driver on the Tee and walk completely off of it. Then they take about another 5 mins to drop and hit balls right next to my friends. So I finally get to hit and BOOM right into the woods because I was so distracted/frustrated.

I wished I had hit the ball right at them. When I was walking to my friends ball with him to take a drop they shanked another ball over the trees that almost hit us, and came walking over. I said something like "your lucky I didnt hit you, watch what your doing" and the two didnt even respond, then yelled "•••••••" at me as I walked away.

I didnt know what to do we left after the next hole because I was ready to fight someone. Or at least show them some manners.
 Driver:callaway.gifBig Bertha 460cc 10* Hybrids: adams.gif A7 3-4H  Irons: adams.gif A7 5i-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gifCG 12 50*, CG 14 56*, CG12 60* Putt Putt:odyssey.gif White ICE Tour Bronze 1 Putter

In my opinion it can be, but other things factor in. For me, this issue is completely driven by pace of play factors. Assuming everybody can play their shots right away, then whoever gets there first or is ready to play soonest can go. However, if I have to wait for the green to clear, I would always let the other people go first. Chances are that if they are that far from their fairway, they don't have much of a shot at the green and instead are laying up back into their own fairway.

Good point. It is supposed to be a gentlemans game after all.

my get up and go musta got up and went..

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5023 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!