Sign in to follow this  
dbuck

Freddie is playing the Canadian Open

Note: This thread is 3634 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

11 posts / 1311 viewsLast Reply

Reckon why Freddie is playing the Canadian Open as opposed to the US Senior Open?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It's a great golf course, and he said that it set up really well for him.

I've played there many times, and still play when I go back to Toronto to visit my parents. It's an awesome classic design that really requires you to think, and place your shots... a style of golf I'm sure Freddy likes quite a bit.

The US Senior Open doesn't start until the 29th. It is in Seattle - no way he'll miss it. I'm sure the RBC sponsorship is the reason he's playing the Canadian, but it should be a good warmup for the tree lined fairways at Sahalee as well.

Yes, the US Senior Open is next week...he wouldn't miss it for anything...in fact, the sole reason it is being playing in the Seattle area is Freddy Couples.....planned years ago.

It's a well run tournament at a good venue. Plus it's a national championship - sponsors come and go, but national championships will always mean something. Or at least, they should.

i think dbuck means that he's playing in canada as opposed to the british senior open

Uh, actually I was a bit schedule challenged/confused- had the dates mixed up.

Anyway, I am pulling for Freddie too, and the St George's course looks great.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3634 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!