IGNORED

TopFlite Gamer V2

Note: This thread is 4980 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Thanks to everybody for the input.

As far as being a high HCP'er and playing premium balls... I feel like I can tell the difference around and on the green compared to the $10-$15/dozen balls. The problem is that i CAN'T afford $42/dozen balls (I got 3 dozen of the B330RX on eBay for $90) and that is why I have been playing those, and like them. What I was looking for was whether or not the Gamer V2 would give me the same or similar perfomance at a much lower price point and the answer seems to be a clear YES!

So, with all of this, do you think I would be better off playing the Gamer or maybe refurbished Pro V1x's. They're the same price ($20/dozen) and if the refurbished Pro V1x's are the same quality as the originals I think this might also be a good option.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

i play a soft feel Srixon Soft Feel ball, I think you should consider them at 19 bucks a dozen.
Driver: Taylor Made R9, Woods: Callaway Hyper X 3 wood, Hybrid: Cleveland Mashie 20 degree Irons: Callaway X-20's, Wedge: Cleveland 588 56 degree, Putter: Cleveland CC 6 Classic Black Platinum, Ball: Noodle, Shoes: Contour

Maryland Golf and Country Club in Bel Air, MD.

I've played a sleeve of the Gamer V2's comparing them to the D2 "Feel" TF balls that I've been using for a while now. I found them both pretty similar and liked both of them a lot. The D2's are a few bucks less a dozen so I'll probably stick with them for now. Frankly couldn't tell the difference so why switch.

I have been playing Top Flite XL7000 Super Straight balls. I'm a high handicapper, and am trying very hard to limit spin. All this talk of "Top Flite rocks" is hurting my ego, a bit, but I've liked the balls. I have been thinking of bumping up to the slightly more expensive Top Flite D2 Straight balls, but if you guys think so lowly of Top Flite, maybe I should switch to something else? Titleist NXT, maybe?

The club selection of a true hacker:

Driver: Nike Dymo2 SQ
3 and 5 Wood: Nike Dymo2 SQ
Irons: Adams Idea Tech OS Hybrid Irons (5-PW)
Wedges: Maxfli 56* and 60*
Putter: Odyssey White Ice #1 in Copper

I have been playing Top Flite XL7000 Super Straight balls. I'm a high handicapper, and am trying very hard to limit spin. All this talk of "Top Flite rocks" is hurting my ego, a bit, but I've liked the balls. I have been thinking of bumping up to the slightly more expensive Top Flite D2 Straight balls, but if you guys think so lowly of Top Flite, maybe I should switch to something else? Titleist NXT, maybe?

It's all about what works for you.

It's all about what works for you.

Yeah, the ego thing was tongue-in-cheek.

I do like the XL7000 Super Straight, but it is simply one on the long list of balls I have been planning to try. I've never really paid much attention to what ball I was using before, since I was so terrible. But as I'm getting better, I'm realizing that the right ball really does help me play better. Right now, the "right ball" is one that keeps me straight off the tee. I didn't know about this lostgolfballs.com site until recently, so I'm juts about to buy a 12-pack of Titelist NXTs. I also want to try Bridgestone e6, Top Flite D2 straight, and anything else you guys have to suggest, honestly. EDIT: Scratch that. $12 shipping for $15 in balls isn't happening.

Yeah, the ego thing was tongue-in-cheek.

You're on the right path-the best ball for beginners and 36 cappers is invariably a distance ball. Maximize distance and minimize spin. Top Flite XL7000 is probably one of the best choices for you. If you want to spend a little bit more go with the Top Flite D2 Strait or D2 Feel. $1/ball at Walmart, Target, etc.

You're on the right path-the best ball for beginners and 36 cappers is invariably a distance ball. Maximize distance and minimize spin. Top Flite XL7000 is probably one of the best choices for you. If you want to spend a little bit more go with the Top Flite D2 Strait or D2 Feel. $1/ball at Walmart, Target, etc.

The D2 straight is on the shopping list for wal-mart, next time I'm there.

On the topic, what do you guys think about the Nike Crush ball? It's a touch more expensive than the Top Flites, but it's on sale on TGW and comes with a free golf towel right now. It advertises itself as a ball for the man who wants to out drive the people in his group. While that's not something I'm obsessed with, I like distance, and it also claims to be straight. Has anyone tried it?

• 3 weeks later...
Gamer V2s are on sale at Edwin Watts for 15.99 a dozen. Picked up two boxes today.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Note: This thread is 4980 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!