IGNORED

Jumbo Grips on Blade Style Putters?

Note: This thread is 4017 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey guys, I just ordered a Winn Jumbo putter grip and I can't decide which putter to put it on. I have a Ping Anser V2 putter and an Odyssey mallet putter. The ping is my go to club, but I am not sure it will be as good with a Jumbo Grip. What do you guys think?

I have never had a jumbo grip, but I have the Winn AVS midsize, on my nike ignite 001. I like it, and it definitely helps me with short putts. It's up to you, but I personally would put it on the ping, and if you don't like it, just take it off.

I'm afraid to try one of these grips because I might like it and then will want to buy it and put it in my bag where I am positive the huge grip will continuously get stuck and be a huge pain in the arse to remove every time I attempt to pull it out.

I have a SuperStroke like this:

on an Odyssey DFX 3300 like this:

It took a while to get used to lag putts...but will probably never go back to a normal grip. The one thing I love about this grip is the shape. It is round with a flat front. Not oblong like all other over sized ones. I have no issue with it getting stuck going in or coming out of the bag.

Just make sure whatever putter you put it on has a heavy head,i used a friends putter once for a round and it had the jumbo grip and the putter was top heavy,it was a blade putter but a light one. i could'nt putt with it as i could'nt feel the head.My own putter at the time had a jumbo grip and it was great.

Note: This thread is 4017 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • Today I left home at 3:30 drove 20 minutes each way to the course, paid, putted for a few minutes while someone else finished the first hole (par 3), played 9 holes with a little bit of waiting on the 2nd and 8th holes and made it home by 6:00.  That was a decent pace of play day. And even then I worried that the single bend us was going to catch us and think we were playing too slow. I think he skipped the last 2 holes because I never saw him tee off on #8 while we teed off on #9.
    • When I was much younger golf was something to do when we were drinking.  Now that I am a little more mature I almost never drink when I golf. Probably because I play with my son more than anyone else. My son was our designated driver after a recent day trip with a couple friends.  Even then we didn't drink until the 19th hole.  Tomorrow we are playing in a charity scramble, so there is a chance I will have a couple beers during that round.
    • Today's finishing hole requires that most average golfers layup due to water beginning at 200 yards and requiring a 260 carry to clear it. The last time I played I hit a 4H into the water since fairways are dry and rolling. Today I hit a 6 iron pure and it stopped about 3 feet short of the water. That is as good a 6 that I can hit. And then I had 130 to the pin and hit an A-wedge to 3 feet. So after 2 consecutive best shots ever, I missed the birdie putt for the worst shot ever. I did however play the last 5 holes in 1 over after playing the first 4 in 10 over par (guessing as I quit counting on 1 hole).
    • Day 22: Note: Reverted back to day 22 because I forgot to post yesterday, so my current streak is 22 of 24 days. Woke up with a sore neck, which hasn't gone away yet, so not feeling like doing full swing practice. Did COVID-19 day 6 and 7 drills, and a little backswing practice using LVP camera.
    • Thanks for the outstanding week!! Absolute dream golf trip.
  • Today's Birthdays

1. Club Rat
      Club Rat
      (69 years old)
    2. Jrod5657
      Jrod5657
      (37 years old)
    3. Satch Master
      Satch Master
      (25 years old)
    4. TheGolfBallGuy
      TheGolfBallGuy
      (55 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...