IGNORED

Shaking Hands With Your Foursome / Removing Your Hat on 18th Green?

bigoak
Note: This thread is 1896 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

82 members have voted

1. 1. What do you do on the 18th green? (Choose all that apply, and it's anonymous, so be honest.)

• I almost always shake hands.
    • I often shake hands.
    • I sometimes shake hands.
    • I almost always remove my hat.
    • I often remove my hat.
    • I sometimes remove my hat.

Been playing in a new league this year. After the 18th each member of the foursome shakes hands and says " nice playing with you" . Haven't done this much before. Do you guys do this?

Always. Just common courtesy. I don't understand the taking the hat off though... never seen anyone do that other than the pros ( I do take my hat off indoors though)

But..... just like marking the scorecard, we generally do it as we leave the green, not just standing there in the way if there is a group waiting in the fairway behind us.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Been playing in a new league this year. After the 18th each member of the foursome shakes hands and says " nice playing with you" . Haven't done this much before. Do you guys do this?

Every time I play.Hand shake or fist pound especially if the group isn't headed to the 19th hole as me =)

Hit'em Long and Strong
Big Tazz

Yep, always shake hands with who ever I play with on the 18th.
Even when it is just me and my regular playing partner

:tmade: M2 10.5° - Fujikura Pro 60 - Stiff
:tmade: V-Steel 18° - M.A.S Ultralight- Stiff
:ping: G400 4-UW - AWT 2.0 - Stiff
:tmade: Tour Preferred 58° ATV - KBS Tour-V - Wedge
:scotty_cameron: Select SquareBack - 34" - SuperStroke MS 2.0

In a casual round w/ my cousin , no.

However, a good round by being rude to your playing partners.

It's only to do it, right?

TM R11/Titleist 910F 15*/ Nike SQ2 20* & 23*/ Nike CCi 5-PW/ Nike SV 52* & 56*/ SC Newport 2 Studio Style 32.5"
Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

Every time. I have a long story that I could insert here>>> Let's just say for now that I played one, count 'em ONE hole with a group on the 18th. And shook hands with all three of them, like we had played together all day.

In the bag
Driver: Tour Burner 10.5*
Fairway: Launcher 2009 17*
Irons: X-18r 4-SW
Gap Wedge: CG15 52*Wedge: X Tour 60*Putter: Crimson 550Ball: E5

I do it after every round of golf I play. I can't remember when I've never done it. It show's your the of excellence when it comes to golf etiquette.

I'm loving these golf puns.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

I'm loving these golf puns.

Agreed regarding the courtesy idea, but the poor

between these puns and the topic require quite a back on topic. step is to focus on said topic. ;)

What's in my Tartan Precise TS-869 Bag:
Woods: Northwestern 1W, 3W, stock grip
Hybrids: 855 Graphite shaft 3H, 4H, Golf Pride Tour Wrap midsize grips
Irons: 855 R flex steel shaft 5-PW, Golf Pride Tour Wrap midsize grips
Wedges: PureSpin Tour Series Diamond Face 52* AW, 56* SW, 60* LW, Golf Pride...

Yes, I do take my hat and sunglasses off. The best thing to do in life is to act like a professional whether you are or not. My grandpa always took his hat off when he went indoors, and I still do that to this day and so do my children.

Fishes,

I shake hands with people I don't know well, or just met, but not with my regular group....we usually grab a beer and settle the bets. P.S. Love your avatar! Nice Bow!
In My Datrek Bag:

Driver: R9-460 9.5°
Woods: Burner 15°
Hybrids: Burner 3,4,5Irons: G10 Gap - 5 ironWedges: cg15: chrome, 56° 60°Putter: Studio Newport 2GPS Unit: Push Cart: 2.0

Agreed regarding the courtesy idea, but the poor

Touche.

If anyone finds a in the system let me know.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

i shake hands off the 18th green or while walking off. doing it on the green would be frowned upon because it would delayed the group behind you.

What's in the bag:

Driver: Adams 9064LS (project RIP Shaft) 9.5 degree
3 Wood: Titleist 909R 14.5 degree
Hybrid 3-iron: 19 degree Tour Professional (bent to 18 degrees)Hybrid 4-iron: 21 degree Tour ProfessionalIrons: Tour X-20 5-PW Project X 6.0 shaftsGap Wedge: Mizuno MP10 52.08 Sand Wedge: Mizuno MP10 58.10 Lob Wedge: Nike 62.06

I always take off my hat and sunglasses to shake hands with my playing partners on 18. I also always remove my hat before walking indoors to the pro shop, but it seems that almost nobody has manners enough to do that anymore.

usually just flip him/her the bird and tell he/she that they are both a horrible golfer and human being

no I usually just shake hands.

My gear:
warbird stand bag
909 D2 Driver 9.5 deg
2008 baffler pro hybrid 18, 20 deg
3-PW X-20 Tour Irons 56, 60 degree vokey wedge spin milled crimson series 660 putter pro v1 balls

Clever response. Might say it was

*drumroll*

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

If im playing with fellows ive never met before, then i will shake hands and thank them for the round. If i play with guys i usually play with, i just say "gimmie my money!" and walk away from the green with my middle finger up.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Don't usually shake hands with my regular group unless there was a match or someone that needs a congratulations - we usually go straight to the bar from the green anyway.

Anyone else, absolutely.

Note: This thread is 1896 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!