bigoak

Shaking Hands With Your Foursome / Removing Your Hat on 18th Green?

82 members have voted

1. 1. What do you do on the 18th green? (Choose all that apply, and it's anonymous, so be honest.)

• I almost always shake hands.
    • I often shake hands.
    • I sometimes shake hands.
    • I almost always remove my hat.
    • I often remove my hat.
    • I sometimes remove my hat.

213 posts / 34901 viewsLast Reply

Been playing in a new league this year. After the 18th each member of the foursome shakes hands and says " nice playing with you" . Haven't done this much before. Do you guys do this?

Always. Just common courtesy. I don't understand the taking the hat off though... never seen anyone do that other than the pros ( I do take my hat off indoors though)

But..... just like marking the scorecard, we generally do it as we leave the green, not just standing there in the way if there is a group waiting in the fairway behind us.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

With good friends, no. With work buddies or strangers, yes. I don't think I normally take off my hat.

Been playing in a new league this year. After the 18th each member of the foursome shakes hands and says " nice playing with you" . Haven't done this much before. Do you guys do this?

Every time I play.Hand shake or fist pound especially if the group isn't headed to the 19th hole as me =)

Every time. I have a long story that I could insert here>>> Let's just say for now that I played one, count 'em ONE hole with a group on the 18th. And shook hands with all three of them, like we had played together all day.

I'm loving these golf puns.

Agreed regarding the courtesy idea, but the poor

between these puns and the topic require quite a back on topic. step is to focus on said topic. ;)

Yes, I do take my hat and sunglasses off. The best thing to do in life is to act like a professional whether you are or not. My grandpa always took his hat off when he went indoors, and I still do that to this day and so do my children.

Fishes,

I shake hands with people I don't know well, or just met, but not with my regular group....we usually grab a beer and settle the bets. P.S. Love your avatar! Nice Bow!

I always take off my hat and sunglasses to shake hands with my playing partners on 18. I also always remove my hat before walking indoors to the pro shop, but it seems that almost nobody has manners enough to do that anymore.

If im playing with fellows ive never met before, then i will shake hands and thank them for the round. If i play with guys i usually play with, i just say "gimmie my money!" and walk away from the green with my middle finger up.

Don't usually shake hands with my regular group unless there was a match or someone that needs a congratulations - we usually go straight to the bar from the green anyway.

Anyone else, absolutely.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.