IGNORED

Tiger & The Ryder Cup

BallStriker
Note: This thread is 4978 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

...and he's very humble unlike Tiger. Woods is very over confident and he gets way too cocky sometimes.

Life must be bliss for you.

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tiger's (apparently firm) response when asked (3 times) whether he would accept a Captain's Pick.....

"I'm planning on playing my way on to the team"

Very nice Tiger......Team USA is going to hop the pond and beat the snot out of Monty and his uppity euro-trash squad...j/k of course

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

I can't believe Tiger would say such a dishonorable thing. It must mean he hates the Ryder Cup!

Brandon

Well, with the shots he is hitting out of gate today, the only place he is playing himself is out of the No. 1 spot in the world...

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

Tiger hasn't been the number 1 player in the world for a while now, even though the rankings says he is. He needs to qualify for the Cup, period. If he's asked to play as a Captains pick (which I doubt), he might very well decline, who knows.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

I dont think it matters to Tiger if he plays or not, he has shown over the years he is not a "team player"

Slightly off topic, but considering how Tiger's play over the last 15 years has elevated golf to a level it has never seen, and that all pro golfers are millions richer thanks to Tiger this seems like somewhat of a ridiculous statement to make. Remind me again which pro golfers aren't in golf to win for themselves?

Back to the topic, I think Tiger should play if he earns his spot or is a captain's pick as a lot more people are likely to tune in and watch. Better ratings for golf can never be a bad thing.

I agree with dave. Not a fan of all the things he has done or said as of late but man he has elevated the game. He always seems to make some just unreal shots and is fun to watch.

Tiger hasn't been the number 1 player in the world for a while now, even though the rankings says he is.

Who has played like the #1 player in the world? Let's not pretend that Tiger hasn't changed what we expect out of the #1 player in the world.

Brandon

Who has played like the #1 player in the world? Let's not pretend that Tiger hasn't changed what we expect out of the #1 player in the world.

Let's not what with who now? There are a lot of guys sort of tied for number 1 with Tiger a couple spots below that - right now - he's like the NY Yankees of golf. Even if he has a bad season, he won't be down for long.

Actually since he's only been on the scene and good since the late 90s, maybe he's like the Detroit Red Wings of golf.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

he's like the NY Yankees of golf. Even if he has a bad season, he won't be down for long.

Problem is that there is no free agency in golf and Tiger can't replace himself in the offseason......that said, I believe Tiger will regain form but it is not easy to win major championships, no matter how good you are.

Sure, he may very well have changed what we expect out of the number one player in the world which to me is unparalleled excellence week in and week out. He certainly hasn't lived up to that. Who has? Your guess is as good as mine.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

I really hope he gets a wildcard and accepts it, since his "efforts" on playing himself on the team dont seem to work out.

Oh wait - i´m european.........

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

Let's not what with who now?

I have a feeling your reading comprehension is better than that.

Sure, he may very well have changed what we expect out of the number one player in the world which to me is unparalleled excellence week in and week out. He certainly hasn't lived up to that. Who has? Your guess is as good as mine.

I don't really know how the formula works, but I think my point is that nobody will live up to that standard. I just think it's easy to say that he isn't the #1 player in the world without saying who is.

Last night the sports guy on the local news said it's a joke that Tiger is #1 since he is so horrible right now. Yes, his two rounds so far have been horrible, but he's also had some top ten finishes in addition to the missed cut earlier this year and horrible rounds this week. Phil--the presumptive replacement--has had some pretty bad rounds and a couple missed cuts himself to go along with his win and top ten finishes. I think Lee Westwood has probably been the most consistent guy this year, and he may end up taking over that spot eventually. If we are expecting somebody to dominate the #1 position like Tiger has over the last however many years, it probably won't happen. It seems like that is what Tiger is being judged against, and not his peers. That said, if Tiger continues to play this poorly, he won't be #1 so it's moot. Brandon

I don't really know how the formula works, but I think my point is that nobody will live up to that standard. I just think it's easy to say that he isn't the #1 player in the world without saying who is.

In my opinion there are a number of guys who have been consistently better than Tiger this year, with two being Lee Westwood and Ernie Els. But like you said, it may all be moot.

The best thing Corey Pavin could do right now is have a chat with Tiger and tell him that he isn't playing up to Ryder Cup standards and that he (Pavin) can't honestly give him (Woods) a spot on this year's team. The best thing Tiger Woods would be to say, You're absolutely right.

Now you know that I don't bow down at the Throne of Tiger, but I feel for the guy. His game is in disarray, his life in in disarray, and the last thing he needs is a world-wide stage on which to showcase all this. It's just another golf tournament. He needed time to repair his broken leg. Now he needs more time to repair his broken head.

We seem to have a lot Eldridge fanboys here. How many of you honestly have a picture of him in your bedroom with scented candles and oils? I dont want him on the ryder cup because he currently is bad at golf.

Let's not what with who now? There are a lot of guys sort of tied for number 1 with Tiger a couple spots below that - right now - he's like the NY Yankees of golf. Even if he has a bad season, he won't be down for long.

Really? Check your stats...original 6 team...production line...3rd most cups of all time...yea...flash in the pan.

In my L8...
Driver: Launcher 460 9.5
Fairway Wood: 18 degree hybrid
Irons: G5 3-GW
Wedges: m/b 50, 56Putter: Anser 2Ball: D2 Feel

Really? Check your stats...original 6 team...production line...3rd most cups of all time...yea...flash in the pan.

The Red Wings sucked for about 25 years. They don't suck now. They lost in '09 and were both unlucky with injuries in 09/10 and lucky that Howie finally woke up. Re-read my post. The timeline of Tiger Woods' excellence mirrors the current version (the version with Nik) of the Wings. We'll see what 2011 has in store for both.

You used the term "flash in the pan", not me.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Note: This thread is 4978 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!