IGNORED

Golf Glove or No Glove???

Note: This thread is 1432 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Definitely a glove. I get blisters on my hand if I don't wear one.
Last 5 Rounds: 103 (+38), 124 (+42), 101 (+36), 104 (+39), 109 (+44)

No glove here. I find that bare hands offer more grip.

Have you ever tried bear hands?

I give golf companies more than enough of my money already. I'm not paying 15 dollars for one paper-thin leather glove.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Always gloves other than wedge shots and putts.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

my gloves must be malfunctioning because if I wear one it will last about 4 holes and then its soaked and doesn't provide more grip, but less. I take it off and start hitting better shots so I think I'm gonna start going without and see how that works out for me.

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

I have messed up hands and have to wear two gloves for everything including putting. I'd love to play without gloves, but I wouldn't make it past the 2nd tee.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

I wore an old glove too long and started to blister up on my thumb after extended sessions at the range. I know that I tend to grip too tightly which adds tension, but even when I don't, I get a sore thumb. I need a glove.

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

I like the glove. I've played a few holes without, but it just doesn't feel right.

In my bag:
Driver X460 TOUR OPTIFIT 10.5* Graphite
FW 3W BIG BERTHA DIABLO 13* Graphite
FW 5W BIG BERTHA DIABLO 18* Graphite
Irons X-22 IRONS 5 - PW & SW GraphitePutter Odyssey Dual Force Rossie IIUnder my bag: 2007 EZGO ~ Customized

I like the glove. I've played a few holes without, but it just doesn't feel right.

Did you start playing golf with a glove? Do you have stock grips? If you ever decided to go gloveless full time, you might have to tinker with various grips.

I started the game gloveless. A couple seasons later I started wearing a glove because everyone said I needed one - that always felt wrong to me, so I see your point.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

So do you play with a glove or without one? Gloves don't "fit like a glove" for my hand, I'm not sure why. I think the majority of "rubs" and the occasional blister are caused by the glove. I really liked Golf Pride's Tour Wrap 2g grips (have stock grips right now) and was thinking if I were to put those on I might be able to just go gloveless.

In the Sasquatch Bag:

Driver: R9 460cc 9.5°
Hybrids: Big Bertha Diablo 21° 24°Wedges: SV Tour 52° 56° 60°Irons: Power Max TRX Ion Control 5-PWPutter: tm100 Tour PreferredBall: e6

has been gloveless since i started playing golf. the left palm has calloused.

WITB
Driver : TM R9 10.5 deg,white graman no5 shaft
Woods : TM R9 3 wood 15 deg,white graman no5 shaft
Maruman M sole 7 wood,graman cf340 shaft
Hybrid : TM rescue dual 22 deg,steelfibre shaft
TM rescue dual 25 deg,steelfibre shaft
Irons : Yamaha Inpres X 410v 6i to P,KBS Tour shafts
Wedges : Fourteen MT28 J.spec 48 deg,KBS Tour black shaft
TM Rac TP 52 deg 8 deg bounce 'Z' grooves,KBS Tour black shaft
Titleist BV spin milled 56 deg wedge,KBS Tour shaft
Putter : Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or
Zen 'Zap' putter
Balls : Titliest ProV1 or whatever good balls i find on the course

I use a glove always, but I still have the stock grips on all my clubs. I'm thinking about getting them re-gripped (it's been almost two years since I bought all of them). Pretty excited about that. I'm sticking with the glove for now though. I enjoy the ritual of putting it on and taking it off between shots as I plan my next move.

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I enjoy the ritual of putting it on and taking it off between shots as I plan my next move.

Me too, but when I dropped the glove, I couldn't be happier with not having to fiddle with it all the time.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

No glove. Keep one handy, but barely use it. Even on the range, no glove, but after 100 balls, I'll need some tape. If I go on a range bender, then the hands get pretty raw and red, but still playable. No problem with chipping or pitching. Figure I saved $50/year over many years not buying gloves regularly.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• 8 months later...

I have found that I hit it better and more consistent without wearing a golf glove.  Especially with my irons.  Anyone experienced the same?  It may be that my grip is looser, but not sure.

In my Ogio bag:
Ping B60 Isoforce,

2 Rusty Callaway wedges w/riffle 6.0,

Ping ISI BeCu w/riffle 6.0,
Callaway Heavenwood 3,

Callaway Big Bertha 4 wood,

and a Ping G10 driver!

Originally Posted by BigDaddy

I have found that I hit it better and more consistent without wearing a golf glove.  Especially with my irons.  Anyone experienced the same?  It may be that my grip is looser, but not sure.

I only wear a glove when it is very cold or very hot.  I prefer no glove because I feel it lets my hands work better together.  Otherwise I feel the glove hand sticks to the non gloved and I get a binding.  Not sure id that makes sense but it works for me.

Note: This thread is 1432 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!