IGNORED

Golf Glove or No Glove???

Note: This thread is 1411 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by sean_miller

If I replaced my grips, gloves, balls, cleats, drivers, and wedges as often as the manufacturers recommend I'd be living in a pipe somewhere.

Well, I have changed the grips a few times since then...

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

I have those soft, girly I.T. hands too but found with the new mid-size grips it doesn't bother them as much on wedge shots.  Still use them for wood and irons.  Maybe I'll progress like others here to not needing to wear a glove at all.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This is actually pretty interesting.  I have wondered about glove or no glove myself.  I have struggled to figure out which one I preferred.  I have done it both ways.  Sometimes I try both during a round.  I practice all the time without a glove, but I find it hard to play a lot in the season without a glove.  My hands are so sweaty at times, especially with the Tennessee humidity!

Glove helps me keep left hand anchored in grip, and I use feel of stitching to ensure consistent R-hand grip.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

I've lived in different areas some humid and others dry. I discontinued gloves as a financial move about 10 years ago. I rarely practice (not bragging) because I don't have the temperment. I like to hit wedges and putt but my back can't handle the continued bending. My scoring improved because my mental outlook changed.

I wear a glove the entire time, even while putting, habit I've had since high school. The cord grips on my clubs back then would have torn up my hands (and did) so a glove was always a requirement. Plus, if you don't wear a glove then how do you get the super cool "golfer tan line" where one of your hands is pale and the other quite dark?

Plus, if you don't wear a glove then how do you get the super cool "golfer tan line" where one of your hands is pale and the other quite dark?

Avoiding the one hand tan is almost reason good enough not to wear one. :-P When I used gloves, I just put them on when hitting shots anyways. Most of the time walking around it was in my back pocket.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

I rarely use a glove but carry one in my bad - maybe someone else might need it, I might get a blister or cut in the hand, hit too many balls on the range, or let my grips go lose their tackiness. I don't wear gloves when cycling either and cyclists arguably have more exposure to the sun so their tanlines look even more obvious. Baseball yes, the pressure on the hands is more violent. You need gloves. I wonder how many pro baseball players don't use gloves? Tape, definitely.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Originally Posted by nevets88

I rarely use a glove but carry one in my bad - maybe someone else might need it, I might get a blister or cut in the hand, hit too many balls on the range, or let my grips go lose their tackiness.

I don't wear gloves when cycling either and cyclists arguably have more exposure to the sun so their tanlines look even more obvious.

Baseball yes, the pressure on the hands is more violent. You need gloves. I wonder how many pro baseball players don't use gloves?

Tape, definitely.

I've got the cycling tan lines too. Very distinct, sharp lines where the jersey and bibs always stop. I never wear gloves when cycling, even racing, but thats not brecause of tan lines, just because I don't like the way it feels.

I'm playing without a glove too. Started it a couple of months ago and kind of wonder what it is going to be like when hot weather gets here. I hope I will be able to hold onto the club.

I find it more comfortable to play without a glove and it seems great not to have to keep up with one! I was always leaving one at the house or in the truck!

I work in IT too, so my hands are pretty soft and smooth compared to many men.

I used to get calluses and blisters too, but that was a result of my grip, not my hands.

Been gloveless for 3 years now, like it much better.

- Joel

TM M3 10.5 | TM M3 17 | Adams A12 3-4 hybrid | Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW

Vokey 50/54/60 | Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s | Bridgestone Tour B XS

Home Courses - Willow Run & Bakker Crossing

I have played with no glove for over 5 years now, went back to a glove recently because i wanted to lossen my grip pressure a tad, the glove gives me a better grip.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

My new instructor has changed up my grip and told me to lose the gloves, he claims you can't get a good feel for hand pressure with them on.  I did my first range session today, and was surprised that at the end I didn't have any blisters.  Not sure it will work well in the heat of the summer, but I'm giving gloveless a try.

Joe Paradiso

I went from enjoying gloveless golf to wearing 2 cold weather gloves.  -2C tonight and wind gusting quite regularly to 60KM/h!  Made for a pretty exciting round though!

Brad

The chord grips are being replaced this week after a little wear on my left ring finger.   I played on weds and it was 90 here...I just carried a hand towel to occassionally dry my hands.   I am over gloves.

In my Ogio bag:
Ping B60 Isoforce,

2 Rusty Callaway wedges w/riffle 6.0,

Ping ISI BeCu w/riffle 6.0,
Callaway Heavenwood 3,

Callaway Big Bertha 4 wood,

and a Ping G10 driver!

• 11 months later...

So being a bogey golfer, while also being a full time student, I've recently become addicted to golf again, However, being on a budget i've skipped out on buying a golf glove so far this year.

After a weekend 5 hour practice session and daily 1 hr practice on my lunch breaks for a few weeks my hands-especially my left- got beat up.

Then my hands grew tougher and now I prefer to not wear a glove.

I've often felt that even terrible golfers, who only play occasionally, always blame it on their glove-that they HAVE to wear- and yet still complain when their club slips.

So Sand trappers I ask you.... Am I crazy? Rock goes no hat.

Can I go no glove?

Note: This thread is 1411 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!