IGNORED

Shoulders left, feet aligned to target

Jesh
Note: This thread is 4993 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

That is one of my major problems when I set up, if I don't consciously focus on lining up my shoulders, they aim left. Assuming everything else is good, my swing and such, what kind of ball flight would I expect. I am trying to narrow my problem of pulling my drives left, and I'm hoping this is the cause. It's not a pull hook, just a straight pull.

In the carry bag:
'07 Burner 10.5 Driver (S Flex)
Hyper X 5 Wood
J33CB 4-PW Irons (S Flex)
Vokey 54-10 Spin Milled Watson 08 60 Lob Wedge G5i Blade

I took a couple of lessons last year and this was one of the first things the pro pointed out to me. I didn't even realize I was doing it. He said I was falling into that as it's easier to see down the target line with the shoulders opened. My ball flight was all over the place...dead pulls, fades, block to the right...and occasionally right on target. Pretty much stopped doing it and my ball striking has gotten a lot more consistent. It was uncomfortable to start with...but I've gotten used to it and now it's my set up and is locked in.

Assuming everything else is good, my swing and such, what kind of ball flight would I expect.

If your feet are on line to the target, and your club-face is online to the target, but your shoulders are open (pointing left), then a "good" swing from there should produce a slice. It would start off either toward the target or slightly to the left, but end up going right.

The reason would be that your open shoulders would produce a right-to-left swing arc, and when the club hits the back of the ball moving to the left, the ball will spin clockwise, and curve right. If the clubface ends up pointing slightly left at impact, then you'd end up with a straight ball flight, to the left of your target. If the clubface points slightly right at impact, you'd end up with a bad slice, way right. -Andrew

Note: This thread is 4993 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!