IGNORED

Ohio State vs. Michigan

Brendon
Note: This thread is 4886 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Ohio State vs. Michigan

• Ohio State
    • Michigan

The only Big Ten team I had a problem with was Woody Hayes coached Ohio State football team. Woody was a D**k. IMO.

Minnesota is a rival but I never saw them step over the line.

Probably best rivalry between the two schools was the hockey teams, UW--Bob Johnson coached vs UM Herb Brooks coached. But hell--Herb Brooks brought us the Olympics "Miracle on Ice" 1980's team ---with Mark Johnson ,UW player and current UW Women's hockey coach, on that team. Goes along ways in my estimation in righting the transgression of choosing the wrong school colors.

Agreed a gopher is kinda lame for a mascot---How about changing to a very well constructed snowball. Or perhaps a very muscular moose named Bullwinkle???

BTW the U of M Women' club Ultimate Frisbee team The Fighting Ninjas rock!!!!!! As does UW Eau Claire's Mens and Women's Ultimate teams. Eau Zone and Sol respectively.

Anyone show some love for the Hodags and Belladonna????

9* Geek No Brainer with red Stiff Gallofory shaft
15* R5 3 wood with Burner shaft
21* 24* Nike CPR hybrid Aldila by you shaft
5-pw Titleist 680 cb irons-SK Fiber graphite shafts
52*, 56*,60* Reid Lockhart Dual Bounce spinner shaftScotty Cameron Newport MidSlant with Tiger Shark GripTM LDP Red balls---used because I'm...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the Bucks, but frustrated that Tressell can't beat a SEC team and flat gets embarrassed in title games. I hope that changes this year - if they get there.

Ummmm....was 2002 really that long ago? I do get frustrated with Tress' conservative style, but after last season, sure seems to me he's changed that and pulled a complete 180. I think he let Pryor air it out 30+ times in the Rose Bowl. I read an article yesterday that quoted Tress as saying he's calling no less than 30 pass plays per game. Be careful what you wish for, we are lucky to have a guy like Tress coaching the Bucks man!

Anyway, he can and will beat SEC teams. The LSU game, the Buckeyes did not deserve to be there. Boeckmann was one of the worst QBs I've seen come through OSU in a long time, and they had just lost so much talent from the season before. The media put them in that game for some reaosn, but there were better teams out there. Florida was very underrated and hungry. Troy Smith spent months on the Heismann PR tour and gained 10 lbs. That OSU team was more talented than Florida that year, but the problem was OSU bought their own hype and a very talented Florida team wanted that game A LOT more. The SEC as this super conference is overblown...last year's bowl games showed that all too well.

In my Callaway stand bag:

9.5 Degree Taylormade Burner Superfast Adilla Voodoo shaft
3 Wood: Cleveland Launcher 15 degree Adilla Voodoo shaft
Irons 3-SW: Callaway X-14 Steelhead

Lob wedge: Cleveland 60 degree

Putter: Ping Anser Karsten

The SEC as this super conference is overblown...last year's bowl games showed that all too well.[/QUOTE]

Head to head last year, SEC/Big 10 + whatever this week was even....LSU lost the mud bowl to Penn St and Auburn hung on against NW. So that's flawed

Now, about the excuses you've made for OSU vs. the SEC, Tressel had to either adapt to the speed these schools have down here (btw, that win vs Miami in '03 is still on shaky legs IMO), or keep experiencing defeat, so he's done what he had to do.

Minnesota is a rival but I never saw them step over the line.

Amen to that. The Badgers hate the rodents and the rodents hate the Badgers. No matter how good or bad either team is, their games are always close and hard-fought. Its a great rivalry.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Amen to that. The Badgers hate the rodents and the rodents hate the Badgers. No matter how good or bad either team is, their games are always close and hard-fought. Its a great rivalry.

Tsk tsk. Is the Gopher really considered a rodent?

No..........................

TM R11/Titleist 910F 15*/ Nike SQ2 20* & 23*/ Nike CCi 5-PW/ Nike SV 52* & 56*/ SC Newport 2 Studio Style 32.5"
Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

The Gopher isn't considered very good at football either. :P

What's in my Tartan Precise TS-869 Bag:
Woods: Northwestern 1W, 3W, stock grip
Hybrids: 855 Graphite shaft 3H, 4H, Golf Pride Tour Wrap midsize grips
Irons: 855 R flex steel shaft 5-PW, Golf Pride Tour Wrap midsize grips
Wedges: PureSpin Tour Series Diamond Face 52* AW, 56* SW, 60* LW, Golf Pride...

"Best Rivalry in Sports" Whatever.....

Ever heard of the Yankees and the BoSox??? Obviously whomever came up with that phrase had not been to a DUKE vs. UNC basketball game...or the Cocktail party in Jacksonville.

should call it the best irrelavent rivalry...

Yes.

The Gopher isn't considered very good at football either. :P

They arent considered to be very good hockey players either...

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

They arent considered to be very good hockey players either...

Zing. Haha. ;)

What's in my Tartan Precise TS-869 Bag:
Woods: Northwestern 1W, 3W, stock grip
Hybrids: 855 Graphite shaft 3H, 4H, Golf Pride Tour Wrap midsize grips
Irons: 855 R flex steel shaft 5-PW, Golf Pride Tour Wrap midsize grips
Wedges: PureSpin Tour Series Diamond Face 52* AW, 56* SW, 60* LW, Golf Pride...

Zing. Haha. ;)

Yup. Rodent Nation brags about all the hockey players that come out of their state, but they fail to mention that most of the best players from Minnesota choose to play their college hockey at Wisconsin.

Yup. Rodent Nation brags about all the hockey players that come out of their state, but they fail to mention that most of the best players from Minnesota choose to play their college hockey at Wisconsin.

What are you smoking?

Honestly, I'm not a big fan of Gopher hockey, but you can't argue w/ their history. Check the beginning of this decade and get back to me on that...... I'm not a big fan of Gopher hockey because I went to college at Minnesota State - Mankato where we had our own Division I hockey team. Our boys would always give the Gophers a good fight. But don't give me this stuff about Minnesota kids not being good at hockey. My god. Minnesota is the state of hockey. I know I haven't paid a lot of attention to college hockey in a few years, but how do you figure the best players from Minnesota want to or go to Wisconsin? In my limited knowledge of college hockey in the past couple of years, I know the Gophers have been down. But don't fool yourself in thinking they'll remain down.

TM R11/Titleist 910F 15*/ Nike SQ2 20* & 23*/ Nike CCi 5-PW/ Nike SV 52* & 56*/ SC Newport 2 Studio Style 32.5"
Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

"Best Rivalry in Sports" Whatever.....

Yankees/RedSox cant even come close to being classified as the greatest rivalry in sports for one simple reason... they play at least 18 times a year.

OSU/Michigan is far more than two schools playing each other... it stemmed from the border war when they two fought over Toledo. Duke/UNC is probably the biggest college basketball rivalry but when a game can only seat 22K, it doesnt compare to OSU/scUM. "Worlds Largest Cocktail Party" = joke... every OSU football game has more people at the game and equal that amount outside the stadium. I went to the night game between the UGA/UF and it was a miserable fail compared to the hype it gets. Once the game started you couldnt find a soul still out tailgating and the bars were empty. Bama/Auburn is a good rivalry as well as Texas/OU but they just dont reach the level as the Buckeyes-Weasels game.

13 Wedges
1 Putter

Anytime a city expands a stadium by 20k seats for a single game....that alone should bump that game to the top of the discussion. Dallas basically did that for Texas/OU so there you go. ESPN basically tries to force feed that OSU/UM rivalry down everybody's throat (goes double for Sox/Yankees)...but it's still top 5 along with Army/Navy, Iron Bowl, Texas/OU, and Duke/UNC.

Everybody knows the best college football rivalry of all time was Nebraska-Oklahoma but with the Huskers going to the Big Ten I predict a Nebraska-Iowa rivalry will be at least as good if not better than Michigan-Ohio State. But since you asked about the Michigan-Ohio State contest I have to go with Michigan.

Michigan Ohio rivalry (1897) has been around 15 years longer than Nebraska Oklahoma (1912).

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

Ohio was where my Illegitament ex- wife was born! Michagan was where her useless step father lives. Sorry, I vote None of the above...

~Tom B.

I ordered a Chicken and an Egg on the Internet, to find out which came first... I'll keep you posted!

Ohio was where my Illegitament ex- wife was born! Michagan was where her useless step father lives. Sorry, I vote None of the above...

I can completely understand your reasoning here :).

In My Bag:

Driver:
Hybrid:
Irons: Putter:

• 2 weeks later...
I'm all for a Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate myself. Perhaps the best name for a college rivalry around.

Still one the highlights of the football season, have not missed one in 10 years!

Note: This thread is 4886 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!