IGNORED

All Golf Clubs made in China?

Note: This thread is 4128 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Since nearly everything else is, are their any clubs made in the good old U S A? I'm in the market for a new set of Irons and I'm wondering if all of them are now made in China? Surely there must be some factories making them here.

What's wrong with china?

If the clubs were made in the U.S they'd be twice as expensive.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

yeppp .... in many consumer goods China is more advanced in many ways above "made in the USA" and apart from that golfclubs would cost a small fortune if they were made in the west...... in fact it would not surprise me if a lot of the so called clones are being produced at the very same locations. In many industries I see the same products with a different logo, stamp or color, that are basicly the same.

I am not saying that all fraud copies come from "major" factories, but it wouldn't surprise me if some did. In a way many companies now suffering the most from counterfit clubs, brought the tech themselfs to the far east....... and still some companies keep on adding a serial number only to 6 or 7 iron of a complete set or even don't have serial numbers at all.

Cal Razr Hawk 10.5 | TM Superfast 3W | Adams Idea Pro Black 20 | MP-68 3-PW | TW9 50/06 + 58/12 | Ram Zebra Putter

PING clubs are made in the USA (for the most part).

Many/most companies have the components forged/made in the USA but are assembled, tested etc. here.

My dad was a steelworker. American steel died because, among other reasons, it's become much cheaper to make steel in Asia. It's cheaper to make many goods in Asia. Thus, 95% of golf clubheads are made there, shafts, grips, most parts are made in the East.

Current Gear Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12 - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

Not only is it because of the cheep slave labor, but they have little to no environmental regs. Ping steel irons are all made in the U.S. Their woods are made in China as well as the rapture irons due to their titanium face.

In my L8...
Driver: Launcher 460 9.5
Fairway Wood: 18 degree hybrid
Irons: G5 3-GW
Wedges: m/b 50, 56Putter: Anser 2Ball: D2 Feel

If all clubs were made in the states, we'd all complain they're too expensive.

It's a good thing they;re made in China.....and Mexico now.

But as ohiolefty said, PING is American made for the most part. Hence the prices on their gear is generally more expensive.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Wrong, zero Ping clubs are made in the USA.

I think the only thing left at PING that's made in US are the Karsten series putters. Last irons that were made in US were the G10 and I10.

yeppp ....

About 5 years ago, a marketing magazine had a cover story on the Plus and Minus of US firms using China for making its golf club components, and in some cases, assembly. The US firms did an economic analysis, and decided that their designs would get counterfeited in China rather quickly, but that overall they would make more net profit with lower cost-of-goods-sold from items fabricated/assembled in China.

Do we have anybody that works in golf merchandising that can give us an update on this story?

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

True Temper Shafts are made in the US. But most companies have their club heads forged or cast in China. Nikes are made in china unless you special order from the oven.

Whats in my Nike Xtreme Stand Bag:
Driver-Nike SQ SUMO 5000 10.5* w/ SQ Diamana R Flex
Fairway-Nike SQ DYMO 19*w/ UST Wide Body R Flex
Irons- Nike SQ SUMO 4-P w/ True Temper SpeedStep SuperLite R flex
Wedges- Adams Golf Tom Watson Classic Grind 52.08, 56.12, 60.08 w/ Adams Golf TW Wdg FlexPutter-...

What's wrong with china?

Why? There are poor slobs that get up every day, go to work, and make value meals ...and are paid very little. Is it beacuse the companies have to make a gazillon percent profit?

Why? There are poor slobs that get up every day, go to work, and make value meals ...and are paid very little. Is it beacuse the companies have to make a gazillon percent profit?

If you could make $100 dollars an hour instead of $20 would you do it?

-Red

... Is it beacuse the companies have to make a gazillon percent profit?

Two things encourage outsourcing of manufacturing:

* US government maintains a corporate tax rate of 38%. Only place higher is Japan, unless you're in Ohio or a couple of other states, where US plus state tax rate = higher than Japan. Cut the tax rate, and US firms would be more likely to increase operations in US. * China can produce goods more cheaply than can the US. But, you get into quality issues. I won't buy any more appliances or clocks made in China, because they fall apart after a year, don't have clear user instructions, the warranty requires you to contact US wholesaler rather than retail outlet. If it's made in China and has moving parts, I'm cautious to buy it.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

* China can produce goods more cheaply than can the US. But, you get into quality issues. I won't buy any more appliances or clocks made in China, because they fall apart after a year, don't have clear user instructions, the warranty requires you to contact US wholesaler rather than retail outlet. If it's made in China and has moving parts, I'm cautious to buy it.

That is a companies quality control issue, not a "made in China" issue.

You get what you paid for. You pay $10 for a Chinese made clock and expect them to last? Now, if you pay for a $600 chinese made iphone, you get quality.

• Upvote 1

The listed tax rate is really not an accurate representation. Because of how US taxes are determined. with deductions, credits etc the US actually has one of the lowest effective and marginal tax rates in the world. The complexity of our tax code is sometimes a good thing and sometimes a negative. The lack of transparency when comparing taxes in different countries is one reason you can make arguments about taxation that do not hold up. I believe the real issue is how our tax code is manipulated by special interests, from every part of the political spectrum. I do not know if we are hurt by this because valid comparisons are almost impossible to properly research.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

I believe some of the smaller club makers such as Miura and Scratch get their materials from Japanese foundries. ex: Scratch golf http://www.scratchgolf.com/ ) shape and ground their clubs in the US. Scratch golf's original heads are from the Ishihara foundry in Japan.

footnote the Scratch 8620 wedges are manufactured in China.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

I just picked up a new Callaway driver. There was a sticker on the shaft saying that the parts were made in China and Vietnam, but assembled in the US. I imagine that most of the major companies are the same.
Driver: Callaway Diablo Edge 10*
Woods: Mizuno F-60 (15*, 18*); Hybrids: Callaway FT-iZ 21*, Callaway X 24*
Irons: Mizuno MX 25 (5I - GW)
Wedges: Mizuno MP T Chrome (56/10), MP T-10 Black Satin (60/8)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot Tour #9

Note: This thread is 4128 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!