IGNORED

Droping club to the inside on downswing

Note: This thread is 5005 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Lately I have been striking the ball very well due to droping my arms on the inside to begin my downsing, it gives me a great feeling of lag and leverage and also delays my hips from spinning out to quickly and instead of hitting my usual fade I now either nail it straight or get a nice 5-10 yard draw, I really can't believe how much better I strike the ball when I do this, I used to have such a fear of hitting low irons like my 3 or 4 iron but now I have so much confidence in hitting them solid.

I just wanted to know does anybody else do this move as it has completely changed my game for the better

I use it and it helps a lot. It makes my draws easier but when I get too far inside I get stuck behind or it's a huge hook. It has improved my ball striking though.

Whats in my Nike Xtreme Stand Bag:
Driver-Nike SQ SUMO 5000 10.5* w/ SQ Diamana R Flex
Fairway-Nike SQ DYMO 19*w/ UST Wide Body R Flex
Irons- Nike SQ SUMO 4-P w/ True Temper SpeedStep SuperLite R flex
Wedges- Adams Golf Tom Watson Classic Grind 52.08, 56.12, 60.08 w/ Adams Golf TW Wdg FlexPutter-...

I use it and it helps a lot. It makes my draws easier but when I get too far inside I get stuck behind or it's a huge hook. It has improved my ball striking though.

Me too. I try to just keep my arms agianst my chest if i get to much inside its a low hook.

I was just interested to know. Was this a conscious decision you made to change something in your swing? Was it based on something you read, saw, or was told.

R7 460 10.5 Degrees
Sasquatch 15 & 17 Degrees
MP60's 3-PW
T-Zoid Comp EZ Wedges 52 & 56
CG10 60 Degrees Tour Action Reg.588 64 Degrees White Hot #4 E6+ Balls

I was told but it cured my slice personally. But since I'm younger just dropping it to the inside doesn't cure completely it just keeps it from going OB. I post up on my front leg to prevent a slap.

Whats in my Nike Xtreme Stand Bag:
Driver-Nike SQ SUMO 5000 10.5* w/ SQ Diamana R Flex
Fairway-Nike SQ DYMO 19*w/ UST Wide Body R Flex
Irons- Nike SQ SUMO 4-P w/ True Temper SpeedStep SuperLite R flex
Wedges- Adams Golf Tom Watson Classic Grind 52.08, 56.12, 60.08 w/ Adams Golf TW Wdg FlexPutter-...

I use to do this when I first started golfing. It works and it is really simple,and than I started dropping my shoulder "inside," and than the toro "inside" and than the hip "inside"........ It is all really kind of the same move. The key thing is when you swing more inside-out, it keeps your hands connected to rest of your body so it lessen the chance of early release and flipping and it also shallows out the club so you flatten out on the downswing. It really works well on the driver and longer clubs, but as I got better, I just didn't like the consistency on the short irons. So just in case you run into the same problem,my solution was that I rotate the shoulder almost like straight up on the backswing and bump the hip straight down on the downswing.It works really well,especailly when you go like 3/4 backswing.

Dropping it to the inside really helped me, because I used to slice/push it. Now I can work the ball left and right, but I tend to get too inside, and hook it sometimes.

In the bag:
Driver: 907 D2/Proforce V2 R-flex
Hybrid: Burner '07 3 Hybrid/Re-Ax Shaft/19* (4* draw bias)
Irons: AP1 4-7i
AP2 8-PWedges: Spin Milled Tour Chrome (52.06/56.11) VR Forged Chrome 60.06Putter: Ignite 001 Ball: Pro V1/ One Tour/

My Local pro told me the reason I have to drop it on the inside is because my backswing plane was not set properly, he said it was a fraction too upright and if I didn't drop it on the inside I would block the shot or have to save it with my hands, he said my swing was similar to charles howell III

I don't have to drop them inside since I take them back deep in the first place. Not perfect at this point, but a lot better than it was anyways. I did fiddle with dropping them when I had a take-away moving away from my body, but it was hard to keep consistent. Getting the swing path shaped up did a number on my slice, that is for sure.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

i dont fully understand what you guys mean by "drop inside"

My Clubs:
Ping I3 + blade 3-pw
9.5 09 Burner with prolaunch red
Nickent 4dx driver
Taylormade Z tp 52, 56, 60
YES Carolyne putter

Note: This thread is 5005 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!