IGNORED

Your favorite Professional Golfer.

Jarno
Note: This thread is 6024 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite male golfers to watch are Tiger Woods and Jason Gore. Both possess an incredible amount of skill.

My favorite female golfer is Lorena Ochoa.
In The Bag

Sumo 13* w/aldila NVS stiff
BB 2004 3wood
Boxer 3,4&5 Hybrids A3 6-Pw CG11 52* & 56* 2 Ball Srt 33"Ball Nxt Extreme

since when do you need a crime to be commited to deem an athlet to be "maybe not the best choice for a role model" ?

ok you obviously don't need a crime to be a bad role model, but what has he actually done in your humble opinion to be a bad role model ?? he will always shake the hands of his opposition, you dont see him trying to put people off hitting there shots etc etc. now a bad role model on the course is someone like rory sabbatini and the example i will use is when he played his putt on the green before ben crane had taken 2nd shot from the fairway!! now thats no gentleman golfer and someone i would consider to be a bad role model.

...what has he actually done in your humble opinion to be a bad role model ??

he talks too much... and in wrong times:

( 2002 US Open ) : [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Q. Did you feel at any time that maybe the round should have been delayed or postponed because of weather? [/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] SERGIO GARCIA: I certainly did. And I don't know if Tiger Woods had been out there, I think it would have been called. But there was a moment when not even the squeegees or whatever you wanted to put out there was going to help. And I really felt like it probably should have taken 40- or 45-minute break, but, you know, I hung in there and they got the round going. [/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Arial,sans-serif] the 11th hole in the final round of the Players Championship, Garcia, who was out of contention, imparted too much draw spin on his approach to a green bordered hard on the left by water. His ball took an unforgiving hop off the putting surface and into the fishies, setting off a tantrum so violent that NBC must have chosen not to show it on the "live" telecast. [/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Arial,sans-serif] Garcia ripped off his cap, kicked it, tomahawked his club, made several woe-is-me gestures, then went after the hat again. To those viewing on a soundless feed piped into the media center, it was hard not to laugh or shake your head. [/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Arial,sans-serif] On two separate instances during Sunday's front nine, Garcia became huffy at playing partner Jerry Kelly when Kelly asked who was away -- their balls were almost equidistant to the hole on the fourth green, then again on the seventh. Garcia later became incensed when he said "good shot" to Kelly and didn't hear a response. "It wasn't the Sergio I knew, or thought I knew," Kelly says. "He snapped at me a couple of times." [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,sans-serif] He had these little smiley faces on his ball. I said, 'Oh, smiley faces?' He said, 'Yeah, well I had them at Augusta, too.' And I said, "Well, at least your ball did.' [/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Arial,sans-serif] "His response was, 'You worry about yourself, I'll worry about me.' It wasn't nice. He made it clear he wasn't going to apologize when it would have been nice to clear it up early in the week. He obviously feels like he didn't do anything wrong." [/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Arial,sans-serif] That is a a result of 5min google search only Add to that his statements about Michelle Wie playing in Euro Tour and comments on Tiger playin in Ryder Cup... Sure he backed it up and it showed true both times - that's not a point though. Again - I'll pass [/FONT]

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

"Garcia ripped off his cap, kicked it, tomahawked his club, made several woe-is-me gestures, then went after the hat again."

hahahaha i think i do that on a weekly basis!!!!

Garcia ripped off his cap, kicked it, tomahawked his club, made several woe-is-me gestures, then went after the hat again.

That's why it's tough to pick the favorites and non-favorites sometimes. We don't always get to see these temper tantrums. If I would have seen this, I would have lost a little more respect for Sergio. That kind of attitude is never acceptable on a golf course. I believe he was playing with Mike Weir too. I wonder what Weir was thinking.

I still don't think any less of him for his comments about Wie and Tiger (I agreed 100%), but this kind of stuff will drop a guy on my list in a hurry.

Uh, yeah, that's not what he was saying at all.

ok dont know who u r but hey he said he is not a good role model well i think that is wrong cause he is i know when i have kids i would not mind having them grow up 2 be like him! and my dad has taught me the same, when i am playing in matchplay events i get wound up, the crowds r small when we play but still.......

• 3 weeks later...
I actually like Sergio... a bit. I think when he's closer to 30 and nicely polished, he'll come across a lot different.

I do agree he comes across as pretty abrasive right now. But at least you know where he stands. Sometimes I get the feeling Phil could be stabbing you in the back with a divot tool and he'd still have that thin lined, uber-goofy grin on his face. (don't get me wrong, I am a big Phil fan... not a 'Phil-phanatic' but still a Phil fan.)

But for my favorite... I still have a soft spot for Vijay. I still say his work ethic is second to none, he takes nothing for granted, and has a great swing. Considering his background, I think his life has been pretty impressive.

Surprisingly, in recent months I've really grown fond of watching/listening to Luke Donald. A soft spoken, intelligent sounding, classy golfer, with a very skillful game. You just aren't seeing that kind of class/skill ratio in younger golfers that much these days.

Colin

WITB:
Driver: SUMO 10.5* w/Stock Shaft R
Wood: X-3 15*Hybrids: Slingshot 3 @20* Graphite RIrons: Slingshot OSS 4-AW Graphite RWedge: CG11 52* and 56* Putter: G5i UG-LEBall: One Black -or- Juice. Still experimenting.

I still gotta go with Arnold Palmer because of all the good he did for the game and how many people he attracted to it. Maybe it's a shame that the picture of him and Jack Nicklaus in November's Golf Digest showing Arnie handing a fifty to Jack after a round in Houston back in the 60's wasn't the other way round. I really think Arnie's been one of the best ambassadors of the game. Check out the picture at thelostbet dot com. I have a couple of clients who are BIG Nicklaus fans that this will make a great present for. Oh well, my vote is still for "The King".

I gotta go with Mike Weir, Fred Funk and David Toms right now. All time I have to go with Jack. How could you not?

Taylor Made Burner TP 10.5*
Taylor Made Burner 15*
Taylor Made Burner 19*
Taylor Made Dual 19*
Taylor Made Dual 22*Srixon I-506 5pwSrixon WG 504 56*Callaway X Tour 60*Yes SophiaSrixon Z UR

The Merry Mex: Lee Trevino

I used to love watching him on Tour and greatly miss him. Could that man play?!! and yet he had us all laughing and feeling like it was all just a party. The one guy that could beat anyone, including Jack and I believe Tiger as well, he was so mentally tough and creative, one of a kind. He's the one guy I would like to play with if it was possible.

Johnny Miller: Miller Time when he was knocking down pins.

Tiger, following him around at a tournament is unforgettable, a virtuoso

2009 Burner R
FT-I Fusion Squareway 3W 15* Fujikura Speeder Fit-On R
5W R7 R
FT Fusion Hybrids Draw 3/21*, 4/24*
G5 5-PW X-forged Vintage: 52.12, 56.14MDScotty Cameron: Newport 2 ProV1

All time favorite has to be Jack. Have met him on several occasions, great person. Modern times it would be Tiger.

Best regards,  Frank

:titleist: 913 D2 10.5*

:titleist: 913 F 17*

:titleist: 913 H 21*

:titleist: 716 AP1 4-P

:vokey:  SM5 50*, 54*, 58*

:odyssey: Tank Cruiser #7

:sunmountain: C-130

• 2 weeks later...
Luke Donald.

He's the man. He's been on top so long he's bound to break in pretty soon. Tiger killed him in the PGA, but I think he'll step up. He's supposed to be the most boring player on Tour because he is always fairways and greens. He's a short-knocker, but extremely accurate.

He's also a small guy to boot! With everyone on Tour around 6' +, Luke's topping out at 5'9"! He leaves us smaller guys hope that they can make it in golf. I've met him and he's a pretty chill kid - and holy crap he has a hot girlfriend!
"Hit 'em hard - they'll land somewhere." - Stewart Maiden

In the Bag:

Driver: R480, 10.5*, Graphite5 Wood: R540 XD, 17.5*, GraphiteIrons: Big Bertha 4-10 + GW, SSWedge: 56*, Chrome, SSPutter: White HotBall: HX Hot

Sergio Garcia - a great golfer

From tee to green he's the best but why do I get the feeling when he's over a putt that he's going to miss it? His putting is agony to watch, too mechanical. If it goes in the hole it seems like a surprise!

2009 Burner R
FT-I Fusion Squareway 3W 15* Fujikura Speeder Fit-On R
5W R7 R
FT Fusion Hybrids Draw 3/21*, 4/24*
G5 5-PW X-forged Vintage: 52.12, 56.14MDScotty Cameron: Newport 2 ProV1

Unless I overlooked it, I'm very surprised to only see Ernie Els' name mentioned once. In my brief time in the golf world, I've really enjoyed watching his game. He's one of the taller golfers (although I still think I have a few inches on him) and it just looks like he's in slow motion when he swings, but yet the ball just goes and goes. In interviews and shots on the course, he always seems amicable and mellow. I've tried to take his swing and get as close to it rhythm-wise as I can.

I thought it was great when he helped Jack with a drop on a pond bank during a tournament (can't remember which one) and kept it from rolling into the water. There was a multi-major winning golfer acting like any little kid in awe would. There are other guys like David Toms who has done so much for the New Orleans area and Jerry Kelly and I have a lot of admiration for their off the course activities. But, I guess my answer is Ernie Els.

Scott Sandlin
ROLL TIDE!

Driver: Taylormade R7 425 10.5 deg, Stiff
Fairway: Taylormade R7 Steel 13 deg, Wilson Deep Red II Distance 18 deg, StiffIrons: Titleist 735.cm 3-PW, DG S300, +1.5", +4 deg upWedge: Titleist Vokey SM 53 deg and 59 degPutter: Scotty Cameron Santa Fe 33"Ball: Titleist...

My favourite pro golfer is Sam Torrance. He personifies the best characteristics of the Scots, guts, determination and sportsmanship. His winning putt at the Ryder Cup in 85 took nerves of steel. Also a guy who enjoyed the odd pint of beer.

Taylormade r7 460
Callaway X 3 Wood
Callaway X 5 Wood
Callaway X 7 Wood
Callaway X Hybrid (24*)TaylorMade r7 Irons (5-PW)Mizuno MP-R Series Wedges (52,58 degrees)Ping G2 Anser Putter

It's probably obvious who my favorite is, sure he is a horrible putter but I like his energy and approach to the game. The guy is having fun out there and cracking jokes, hitting on women in the sidelines, lol. Yep, he gets heated at times, but who cares. Have some emotion. I was a fan after watching "The Battle At Bighorn"

Viva Sergio.

Introducing The Weapons:

Driver- | R5 TP, Aldila VS Proto Shaft
3Wood- | R7 3.15
2Hybrid- | TP Rescue Dual, Fujikura Banzai Shaft3U- | 3U RAC TP 19, Grafaloy Prologic shaft Irons- | R7 CGB MAXWedges- | TP 58,56,52Putter- | Rossa Imola TP 34Ball- | TP Red on Normal Cond, TP Black When...

Note: This thread is 6024 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!