IGNORED

PURE Grips

I've played in pretty heavy rain, and I don't wear a glove. No problems with the grips in these conditions. You don't wet the grip before hitting the club, you wipe it dry if anything. Of course, some moisture gets on, but it's not been a problem for me.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot ProΒ | Callaway X-Utility 3iΒ | Mizuno MX-700 23ΒΊ | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15ΒΊ | Titleist 910 D2 9,5ΒΊ | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

I agree with Zeph. Just don't get them wet.

The alternative is to let everything get wet and wear rain gloves. Then they work just as well as anything else.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Can anyone offer some advice how to build up these grips? I have pretty large hands and want something bigger for my right hand (I'm right-handed). I've heard I can just slap a couple layers of blue painter's tape over my old tape. Is this the best way? Will the grips go on as easily if I build it up? I bought the blue ones btw... Probably should have got a midsize, I know.

I have the opposite question. I am 'aqua' on the ping grip scale which I think means an undersized grip. I just got some ping eye 2s with the microtaper shaft.I think its .600. I want to put some pure grips. To get to my size should i use the 580 grips or the 600 and how much tape?

I'm thinking the 600 with just one layer of tape would be closest?

Can anyone offer some advice how to build up these grips? I have pretty large hands and want something bigger for my right hand (I'm right-handed). I've heard I can just slap a couple layers of blue painter's tape over my old tape. Is this the best way? Will the grips go on as easily if I build it up? I bought the blue ones btw... Probably should have got a midsize, I know.

Yep, you can add some blue painter's tape on it to build it up. I put some on my 7 iron to try out, no problems. Didn't like the size, so I took it off again. The grip came just as easily on and off with the tape without glue on the outside.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot ProΒ | Callaway X-Utility 3iΒ | Mizuno MX-700 23ΒΊ | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15ΒΊ | Titleist 910 D2 9,5ΒΊ | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

• 11 months later...

Last fall I changed the grips on all my clubs to Pure, and really liked the feel.Β Β Β  Then throughout this spring I've changed to different clubs, upgrading my irons first, then the driver, and finally the 3W.Β Β Β  My wedges and hybrid still have the Pure grips, but I also ended up with a potpourri of grips on the other clubs, including Mizuno m21 Golf Pride, Golf Pride VDR, and New Decade.Β Β Β  When new I honestly don't feel that big of difference between them and it doesn't bother me feeling different grips throughout the set.

However, as they have worn I've notice quite a difference between all of them.Β Β Β Β  The Pure grips are the oldest and being on the wedges they're also probably the most used with all the practice, but they still feel just like new.Β Β Β  They're still tacky, show no wear, and a quick wipe with a towel leaves them feeling great.Β Β Β  Second oldest are the m21 on the Mizuno, and the more-used clubs are showing some signs of wear in the patterning, and they also aren't quite as tacky anymore; they can be brought back with more aggressive towel cleaning, but the rubber seems to be hardening just slightly.Β Β Β Β  The VDR never did feel quite as tacky, but at about 4 months old it is also not responding as well to cleaning.Β Β Β  The New Decade is only a month old now but I've found it hardest to keep feeling good; the rubber compound is harder and it just doesn't feel as comfortable.

I really do like that the Pure grips still feel pretty much just like new even 9 months later with more use than any of the others.Β Β Β Β  They have a great combination of firmness and tackiness, don't seem to wear at all, and clean up easier than anything else I've tried.Β Β Β  Add in their super-easy installation and I really can't imagine a better grip on the market. Β  Love 'em, and I've just ordered a full set of new Pure grips to replace everything else.

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Clambake

I really do like that the Pure grips still feel pretty much just like new even 9 months later with more use than any of the others.Β Β Β Β  They have a great combination of firmness and tackiness, don't seem to wear at all, and clean up easier than anything else I've tried.Β Β Β  Add in their super-easy installation and I really can't imagine a better grip on the market. Β  Love 'em, and I've just ordered a full set of new Pure grips to replace everything else.

What color did you get?

I put them on my clubs as soon as I get them. Currently I have the green and some whites.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

The new ones I ordered are white.Β Β Β  Although I'm a bit of a traditionalist, the New Decade on my 3W is white and I like the look, so I thought I'd give it a try across the set. Β Β  My black Pure grips seem to clean up very quick, so I figure white won't look too grungy too quickly. Β  Β  I was tempted to mix it up a bit with multiple colors, but went with a boring monochrome scheme instead.Β Β Β Β  One problem with the Pure grips is that they last a long time so you'd better like the color because you aren't going to have to change them out very often!

Too bad they discontinued the original black/yellow combination. I'll put Pure on new clubs in a few weeks, and it would be nice to have them match the rest of the bag. I might scramble together enough lying around and from clubs I don't use anymore. I considered other colors, but I prefer the black main color.

Originally Posted by Zeph

Too bad they discontinued the original black/yellow combination. I'll put Pure on new clubs in a few weeks, and it would be nice to have them match the rest of the bag. I might scramble together enough lying around and from clubs I don't use anymore. I considered other colors, but I prefer the black main color.

Email Wes. Β I can almost guarantee you he will make you a set of black with yellow paint fill. Β They can and will do just about any color combo of paint fill. Β And they have some pretty awesome grip color combos they can do too. Β He's working on a set of pro's for me in a white and blue streaked combo with white paint fill.

Ordered a set of these in Black/White and so far love these things. I would've ordered them in white but I couldnt find them in Midsize on the site I ordered them from. Very easy to install, and went to the range immediately after with no problems.

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

I've been gaming two of these grips on my Scratch 8620's for over a year now. They are still just as tacky as new. As much as these suck when they get wet, they are too good when they are dry for me to even think of swapping them out. And like some people have said, just keep them dry. really not that big of a challenge.

• 7 months later...

We saw Pure was coming out with customized versions at the PGA Show a couple months ago , and it was awesome of Pure to send me these. Β Also in case you haven't seen is be sure to check out the custom 5SK grips , available for pre-order

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends onΒ Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap onΒ Twitter!Β  andΒ onΒ Facebook!Β 
Golf TerminologyΒ -Β Β AnalyzrΒ Β -Β Β My Facebook,Β TwitterΒ andΒ InstagramΒ 

Originally Posted by mvmac

We saw Pure was coming out withΒ customized versions at the PGA Show a couple months ago, and it was awesome of Pure to send me these. Β Also in case you haven't seen is be sure to check out the custom 5SK grips, available for pre-order

Those are awesome!

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment:Β 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5Β°) Β· PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15Β° and 21Β°)Β Β· PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22Β°, 25Β°, and 28Β°) Β· PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) Β·Β Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50Β°, 55Β°, 60Β°) Β·Β Edel Classic BladeΒ Putter (32") Β· Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour Β· Pinned Prism RangefinderΒ Β· Star Grips Β· Flightscope Mevo Β· TRUE Linkswear Shoes Β·Β Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
AnalyzrΒ Pro

Originally Posted by mvmac

We saw Pure was coming out withΒ customized versions at the PGA Show a couple months ago, and it was awesome of Pure to send me these. Β Also in case you haven't seen is be sure to check out the custom 5SK grips, available for pre-order

I was going to inquire with you guys about the "5SK" logo, and whether or not it's in addition to the "Pure" logo, or instead of.Β  Based on your grips here, I'm guessing it's instead of.Β  I ask because I was realizing that if they were both on there, it would probably be really hard to put the logos down if they were all around the club. :)

Hey, I notice that that Pure makes Putter grips as well.Β  Do they work the same way as the regular grips - no tape and glue, just air?Β  Also, do you guys use them and/or recommend them?

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Golfingdad

I was going to inquire with you guys about the "5SK" logo, and whether or not it's in addition to the "Pure" logo, or instead of.Β  Based on your grips here, I'm guessing it's instead of.Β  I ask because I was realizing that if they were both on there, it would probably be really hard to put the logos down if they were all around the club. :)

Hey, I notice that that Pure makes Putter grips as well.Β  Do they work the same way as the regular grips - no tape and glue, just air?Β  Also, do you guys use them and/or recommend them?

The grips are customized where the "PURE" logo would normally be. Sorry, I guess I didn't shoot a photo of the "back" side of the grips. And with a 5SK grip, you want to show off the logo, right??? :D

I like my round putter grips, thank you veddy much.

Originally Posted by iacas

...Β And with a 5SK grip, you want to show off the logo, right??? :D

Ooh, good point.Β  Maybe you should include a small stack of your business cards (or Mike or Dave) with each grip order for me to hand out to every playing partner who says "What's 5SK?"