IGNORED

PURE Grips

I got the Pure DTX grips in yesterday and installed them tonight.  I'll give them a try tomorrow and let you know what I think.  They are just as tacky as the Pure Pro, but a bit rougher, which matches their claim to feeling more like corded grips.

newtogolf or anyone else, do you have some feedback on playing these DXT grips yet?  I want to re-grip at the end of the year and want to figure out if I should go with the Pure Pro or the DXT.  I will probably get the Pure Pro, but just wanted to ask about the DXT as well.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

newtogolf or anyone else, do you have some feedback on playing these DXT grips yet?  I want to re-grip at the end of the year and want to figure out if I should go with the Pure Pro or the DXT.  I will probably get the Pure Pro, but just wanted to ask about the DXT as well.

The DXT grips are supposed to feel closer to corded grips, so if you like the feel of corded grips you'll like these.  They do wear through gloves faster so that's the only negative I've found with them.

Joe Paradiso

The DXT grips are supposed to feel closer to corded grips, so if you like the feel of corded grips you'll like these.  They do wear through gloves faster so that's the only negative I've found with them.

Thanks!

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

• 4 months later...

Finally found a place locally that carries and installs PURE grips...with tape and solvent :doh: I asked him if they could do it with a compressor instead and he just gave me a blank stare. :blink:

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Finally found a place locally that carries and installs PURE grips...with tape and solvent I asked him if they could do it with a compressor instead and he just gave me a blank stare.

I thought PURE were recommended to be installed via compressor (hence they created a tool for that sole purpose)? lol

I love the feel of PURE grips I have to say but I tend to wear them out something chronic as they're so soft.

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

Finally found a place locally that carries and installs PURE grips...with tape and solvent I asked him if they could do it with a compressor instead and he just gave me a blank stare.

Ernest ... do you not own a compressor?  I took Erik's advice and bought the compressor he recommended (Lowe's) and haven't looked back.  Already installed my Pures, removed them and installed the Niions for the review, then removed them and put the Pures back on.  (Oh yeah, and installed Pures on the wifes clubs as well)

In addition, the brad nailer gun that was included came in handy when I was finishing up that mudroom project.  :)

And now my car tires need air.  ;)

Just got some Pure grips on my irons - my first irons without Lamkins in many years… we'll see how it goes. Grey grips … goes with the Aerotechs and the plastic black thingie at the tip end of the shaft right before the club head … old age … can't remember, but it is now grey with two white stripes… color coordinated irons .. oh, well

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Ernest ... do you not own a compressor?  I took Erik's advice and bought the compressor he recommended (Lowe's) and haven't looked back.  Already installed my Pures, removed them and installed the Niions for the review, then removed them and put the Pures back on.  (Oh yeah, and installed Pures on the wifes clubs as well)

In addition, the brad nailer gun that was included came in handy when I was finishing up that mudroom project.  :)

And now my car tires need air.  ;)

I don't have a compressor but I have pretty quick access to one. How much do the Pure Air Tools go for?

Pretty sure I'm going to go with Lamkin Crosslines on my irons and put some Pure Pros for my woods and hybrids.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I don't have a compressor but I have pretty quick access to one. How much do the Pure Air Tools go for?

Pretty sure I'm going to go with Lamkin Crosslines on my irons and put some Pure Pros for my woods and hybrids.

Saw the Pure Tool Kit - Gun and Attachment at $39.95, one retailer has it at $34.95 plus shipping on ebay - but he doesn't have my grey grips.

Trying to find a promo code for the Pure Website... my old irons have been going Lamkins for 2+ years ... time for a Pure change (despite the Haney connection).

Buehler?

@mvmac

Still a sponsor? Promo?

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Saw the Pure Tool Kit - Gun and Attachment at $39.95, one retailer has it at $34.95 plus shipping on ebay - but he doesn't have my grey grips.

Trying to find a promo code for the Pure Website... my old irons have been going Lamkins for 2+ years ... time for a Pure change (despite the Haney connection).

Buehler?

@mvmac

@Golfingdad

Still a sponsor? Promo?

you dont need anything special to take grips on and off clubs. I have been doing it for a long time and have used nothing more than a simple package I bought from Lowes. The "special" tools being offered are  rip off and of no real advantage...

Buehler?

@mvmac

@Golfingdad

Still a sponsor? Promo?

@Mr. Desmond If you remember, I got my Pures during the special run they did last year with "5SK" on them.  (Actually received them the very day we met, lol!)  And I paid the extra $20 or $30 (or whatever it was) for the gun attachment that came with the set.

I don't know if they have special deals or not.  Sorry.

@Mr. Desmond If you remember, I got my Pures during the special run they did last year with "5SK" on them.  (Actually received them the very day we met, lol!)  And I paid the extra $20 or $30 (or whatever it was) for the gun attachment that came with the set.

I don't know if they have special deals or not.  Sorry.

Thanks... no biggie.

I have a set ... but my other set of irons is growing weary ... checking the PGA Tour Superstore this week for the gray ... goes well with Aerotechs.

• 1 month later...

Pure just released an oversized putter grip, "The Big Dog".  I ordered one to see how it feels and will report back when I get it.

Joe Paradiso

Best grips! Used them since last year, only thing funny is that the black pure grip pro is more tacky than the other colours! I have white, yellow, black, light blue and pink.. As of now is use black for my driver, pink for my 3 wood, yellow for my wedges and light blue for my irons :) I have also tried the DTX, and if you are into xtreme grip feeling this is it, just as cord only softer. Amazing in rainy weather, a little to harsh for my hands but a really good grip... I use Pure Pro now, that is my favourite...

• 2 months later...
Ok so I use some pure grips and like them but prefer the GP ndmc on my woods. I know it says you can put them on with the air gun but has anyone actually put on ndmc with the pure gun?

• 1 month later...

I personally haven't tried the air installation method with anything but a pure grip. I have no idea how well, if at all, it would work.

Driver: Cobra Bio Cell 9.5 Stiff

3-Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 14.5 Stiff

3-Hybrid: Adams A3 Boxer 19 Stiff

Irons: Cobra Bio Cell + 4-PW Stiff

50 Wedge: Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 CB

54 Wedge: Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0

58 Wedge: Cleveland CG14

Putter: Odyssey White Ice #9

Ok so I use some pure grips and like them but prefer the GP ndmc on my woods. I know it says you can put them on with the air gun but has anyone actually put on ndmc with the pure gun?

I use a compressor with NDMC grips.  I use a ball pump needle in a hand trigger gun you can get at most hardware stores.  I insert the into the hole in the grip with the pressure set at ~30 psig.  Then I trigger the gun and push the grip on.  Really easy.

That being said.  I just ordered the Pure Grip gun and a couple of grips to try.  I will try the gun with a NDMC grip.  I'm sure it will work.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave