IGNORED

Who here uses blades?

Note: This thread is 4847 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ok ok, just having a little pop at ping and got found out by a superior intelligence :), I know the X-forged are not "true" blades but i dont think i play enough anymore to use a true muscleback blade.

At a 2.1 handicap I would think you'd be fine with long irons. I hover around 6 or 7 and have no problem hitting a MacGregor MT Pro-C or Pro-M 3 iron.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont have an issue hitting long irons, but why not have a club in your bag that gives you more confidence, if you are happy hitting your long irons good for you :)

Speedline 10 with Harrison Saga
X Tour fairways 3 & 5 Fujikura tour platform 26.3
X Forged 3-PW Project X 6.0 rifles
X Forged 56-14 and 60-10 wedges
2 ball blade Tour is balls

So both the S59 Ping and M58 Mizzy are cavity backs....

WBL

What's In the Bag
Callaway FTiq Tour i-mix 9.5º with stiff Mitsubishi Rayon Javlnfx 6
Cobra F-Speed LD 3-wood 15.5º with 43" YS Tour AD regCobra Baffler DWS 20º & 23º with Aldila VS Proto HL regPing S59 3-PW with Nippon PRO 950GH stiffTitleist Vokey Spin Milled 56º wedgeInazone B...

So both the S59 Ping and M58 Mizzy are cavity backs....

Yes. Yes they are.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

Well I totally disagree with what you consider cavity backs but in any case this thread question meant only "muscle back" blades?

Note what Ping says in their description attached...

WBL

What's In the Bag
Callaway FTiq Tour i-mix 9.5º with stiff Mitsubishi Rayon Javlnfx 6
Cobra F-Speed LD 3-wood 15.5º with 43" YS Tour AD regCobra Baffler DWS 20º & 23º with Aldila VS Proto HL regPing S59 3-PW with Nippon PRO 950GH stiffTitleist Vokey Spin Milled 56º wedgeInazone B...

Well I totally disagree with what you consider cavity backs but in any case this thread question meant only "muscle back" blades?

Yes they do have a "traditional blade appearance". Much like a 2001 Mazda Protege has an Audi A4 appearance.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

These are blades......

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

These are blades......

Yes, that is a muscleback blade.

http://img368.imageshack.us/i/wilsonfg59.jpg/

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Blades lower my ball flight thats why I play them + they are more workable and the miss hits are not really that bad. Don't try to argue with me, because I have tested on a launch moniter. And to top it off, because they make my ball flight a little bit flatter they also go futher.

BTW thoese Wilson staff blades are sweet! And I have not read all though what you guys were saying about the PINGS but, Ping don't actully make a blade the S59's are half cavity's imho.

Driver: 909D3 8.5* Diamana White Board X
3 Wood: MP 630 15* GRAFALLOY PROLAUNCH RED X
Hybrid: 909H 19* "Real" VooDoo X
3 - P: MP-68 KBS Tour Black Nickel X
56* 10 Wedge Vr60* 06 Wedge: VrPutter: Custom Made.Golf Ball: TOUR B330SI am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was....

I play a Titleist 690MB for my 9 iron. I play it because I lost my 9 iron months ago, and decided to purchase a single 9 iron blade off ebay to see for myself what the big deal was. The only major difference I really noticed was that the swingweight of the Titleist blade was much heavier than the Ping I3's cavity backs I normally play. Flushed shots feel good on both and bad shots feel like bad shots with both. I guess I've never swung a true modern SGI iron, but I doubt hitting off the toe with a SGI produces a flush feel.

• 1 month later...
Titleist ZM Forged blades here. I've played this set for over 2 years now and absolutely love them. I learned how to play golf with a old set of blades and have always been able to strike them better than the game improvement irons.

• 4 weeks later...

Originally Posted by UNCantone07

Titleist ZM Forged blades here. I've played this set for over 2 years now and absolutely love them. I learned how to play golf with a old set of blades and have always been able to strike them better than the game improvement irons.

Titleist 695 MB here. The ZM's dad. They might be ugly to the purist, but I love these irons. LOVE.

I have two sets; one set that gets a LOT of practice range time - sweet spot wear marks - and a newer set.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

I use blades.  In my opinion, It makes you a much better ball striker as you know when you've miss hit.  Granted, for some, cavity back makes the game easier, but I prefer instant feedback of blades.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

im sure ive posted in here about blades, but hey....

had a set of CG1 tour issued blades....they were great from the 7i-PW

i lost all confidence in the lower irons and was very inconsistent w them

went back to a few different sets since, but am now (hopefully) settled on a combo set again

Nike S/C 4-7i and TW Blades from 8-PW

i love having blades from the 8i or so - better ball flight and pin seeking accuracy

i wish i had the game for a full bag of blades.....but i dont ;)

maybe now that i have been working with an instructor anf learning how to properly trap the ball and hit down it it ALL THE TIME...i might...but who knows

im the worst ball striking 3 index you will ever see!! hahahah!....but i get around out there

"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

Originally Posted by Yukari

I use blades.  In my opinion, It makes you a much better ball striker as you know when you've miss hit.  Granted, for some, cavity back makes the game easier, but I prefer instant feedback of blades.

I get instant feedback on my irons and they aren't blades.

« Keith »

I love my mp33s and they are pretty forgiving for blades, I've been playing them for about 5 years.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

I bought a used set of MP 33's recently, although an 11 hdcp, and like them. My scores are no better, but no worse, and my iron play in general is not less than before. What i seem to notice is that on mishits distance is really affected, but the ball seems to hold its line better, less side spin. Is there any equuipment-related reason that would be true?

Note: This thread is 4847 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!