IGNORED

Tiger Woods to go with Sean Foley

Note: This thread is 3402 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Did anyone see that on golf channel last night?

Tiger is playing a practice round with Mahan and O'Hair and Foley is going to walk with them and help out Tiger.

I hope Sean Foley can fix his swing.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He needs a swing coach bad. Trying to fix your own swing is not a good thing. I know I try to correct mine and it just seems to get worse so I pick up the phone and call my PGA pro and after 30 minutes I am hitting it great again. It seems to always be the smallest stupidest thing you can't see or feel.

Now hopefully Sean can fix that flat stick too. I have never seen Tiger miss so many short putts before!

Not really a surprise if Foley starts working with Tiger. He can surely get him back on track, if Tiger allow him.

Now hopefully Sean can fix that flat stick too. I have never seen Tiger miss so many short putts before!

I think that is partly because Tiger's overall game stinks. He doesn't have confidence in his game. With a two-way miss, he doesn't know which way the ball might go. Playing like that is depressing and affect every aspect of your game.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Tiger should get back with Butch Harmon and get a divorce quickly.

I don't think that Tiger is swinging the club that badly but i think the biggest problem is that he didnt want to be there at the Akron World Championships. Tiger will lose his World Number 1 ranking sooner or later this year and hopefully this could refocus him and allow him to get 'pumped' for next year. However, he has behaved like such an idiot over the last year or so and this has obviously destroyed his karma on the golf couse- I can't see him winning a golf tournament, let alone a major, for at least a year.

Sean Foley?..i don't know him, but there are a few good British coaches around like Bob Torrance for one. He would be my choice actually.

I agree, his swing doesn't look all that bad too me. It seems like more of a tempo thing with him. I don't think he needs a full time coach, per sea, but at least somebody to bounce idea's off of. I dont know who Foley is, but perhaps he is that guy.

Did anyone see that on golf channel last night?

Didn't they do this a few weeks back, maybe it was at the AT & T?A relatively short conversation with him doesn't really count as 'working with'.But maybe it'll lead to more, who knows.

• Administrator
I think Erik told us this was happening about 4 weeks ago......

Heh, you posted after I'd loaded the page but before I posted.

I called the Sean Foley thing back in early May... Tiger will announce end of this year or early next year that he's working with Sean Foley. Maybe even as late as The Masters - he'll put Foley on an extended tryout and see if he can start hitting good shots again. Only after he's confident will he actually announce it.

The Foley Tiger relationship has been brewing for sometime now. One of Sean's core golf academy's works out of a course close to me called Piper Heath's and the rumors have been swirling for quite a while.

It's nice to see that the ball may be finally rolling between these two. I know several people who know Sean well and based on my discussions with them, I truly believe Sean will fix Tiger for two reasons. 1. because what he teaches is great and will get tiger striping the ball again and 2, because Foley is very tough and confident in his skin stopping him from being a "softie" like Haney was. If Foley needs to set Tiger straight, he will.

Not really a surprise if Foley starts working with Tiger. He can surely get him back on track, if Tiger allow him.

Very true, I know when i'm hitting it bad it pours over onto the greens too......the hardest part of golf is not the swing or the tempo, etc....it's the battle between your ears! When the mentals are good it just all seems to click........

I bet Tiger's shrink is making a fortune right now, LOL...

Tiger and Foley have been talking since the masters. I hope this works out as Foley is a great guy and this could be good for his career and make him a name brand coach.

I just read a few articles where it seems like Foley was teaching Stack and Tilt pretty hard. He was definitely using some of the fundamentals. Which great golfers have always used.. Bennett and Plummer's stocks going to go through the roof. I just bet Tiger to win the Championship. Also bet stricker and curtis with different accounts but the S&T; swing is based on consistent easy to correct fundamentals and can be just the shot in the arm Tiger needs.

• Administrator
I just read a few articles where it seems like Foley was teaching Stack and Tilt pretty hard. He was definitely using some of the fundamentals. Which great golfers have always used.. Bennett and Plummer's stocks going to go through the roof.

Unfortunately, I doubt it will go through the roof. He's not given any credit despite peppering them with questions, and he still only really teaches about 80% of it - he's missing a lot of the finer points.

Tiger's hand path is definitely more in... not that it's the only thing he needs, but it's one of 'em.

I actually got to see tigers ball flights on the tnt cast. They were showing how hits shots were flying from behind the line. He was hitting alot of slight draws. But man his first drive was 5-10 yards past the 350 marker

Note: This thread is 3402 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!