IGNORED

2010 PGA Championship

senorchipotle
Note: This thread is 4994 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Club pro. He was in my threesome in the third round of the National Club Pro in French Lick. Good guy. Bounced back from a double IIRC to shoot even par and then -2 or -3 to make the cut for the PGA on the number.

Good, glad for him.Was very surprised to see a Club pro make the cut, I believe he was the only one.Must be a great experience.

A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how great would it be to see rory win this thing, tiger regain his form, and the two of them go head to head for the next decade or so and have a rivalry the likes of which we haven't seen since the days of player, nicklaus and palmer.

how great would it be to see rory win this thing, tiger regain his form, and the two of them go head to head for the next decade or so and have a rivalry the likes of which we haven't seen since the days of player, nicklaus and palmer.

There are at least a dozen guys more compelling that Tiger right now (probably more).

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

well Tiger would be at -7 if he would of birdied the two par 5s, he ended up with 6's on both of them. The second one it looked like he just gave up on it. Probably would of been better if he tee'd off with his 3 wood, he probably still would of reached the green in 2

There are at least a dozen guys more compelling that Tiger right now (probably more).

Indeed, and Rory will have great rivalries with the likes of Rickie Fowler, Anthony Kim, Ryo Ishikawa, Dr.Noh, Dustin Johnson etc.These guys are the future of the game.
A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

Indeed, and Rory will have great rivalries with the likes of Rickie Fowler, Anthony Kim, Ryo Ishikawa, Dr.Noh, Dustin Johnson etc.These guys are the future of the game.

Agreed, these guys are crazy good.

Maybe a dozen guys

playing better than Tiger, but more compelling? This is the first time I've ever rooted for him.

tiger isn't going to take advantage of the par 5s the way he's driving the ball. He's ended up bogeying quite a few this week due to an erratic drive or second shot. He won't contend on most courses until he gets back to beating up on par 5s.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/colum...&sportCat;=golf

look at this link and read the article. i couldn't stop laughing at how stupid this is

What's In My Bag

Driver R9 Supertri 9.5
3 WoodR9
3 Hybrid: Baffler DWSIrons X-20 Tour 4-PWGap Wedge RAC TP SmokeSand Wedge Vokey 56.14Lob Wedge Vokey SM 60.7Putter:SeeMore FGP Black

more compelling? wtf is that even supposed to mean? tiger is tiger, he will regain his form. unless you've been in cryo-sleep for the last decade+3, there hasn't been a more ''compelling'' figure in golf. tiger will rise again. and quite honestly, in all the 28(damn that's a long time) years of my life, i've never seen a performance the likes of which tiger has displayed time and time and time again. so it is said, so shall it be.

Boring?The PGA's been better than the U.S. Open and the British if you ask me, they were both snoozefests.I suspect the writer is one of these guys who looses interest when either Tiger or Phil isn't in contention.That said, it would nice for someone with a bit of a reputation to win this one.Liang had his day yesterday with that 64, he won't figure today.I think Rory, Dustin and Nick would all be popular winners.Hoping for Rory to do it.

• Administrator
We'll have a live chat starting at about 1pm eastern time: http://thesandtrap.com/pga/2010_pga_...nal_round_chat .

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Boring?The PGA's been better than the U.S. Open and the British if you ask me, they were both snoozefests.

I agree, this tournament has been very entertaining so far. Let's hope Watney drops 3 shots on the first hole today so we get some real competition going.

The course should get a lot of the praise for that, it looks beautiful and pose a challenge if you hit the ball astray. I like courses without too many trees on it. It's open, more inviting, the crowd can move around and see different holes. I also enjoy seeing the best players in the world facing ridiculous shots, like if you miss it left on 17th.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Watney's going to have a difficult time out there today. There are low scores to be had on this golf course right now: the third round totals of both him and the dozen-odd guys chasing him attest to that. Anyone back to the group at 7-under is still right in the thick of things, and Watney can't afford to play conservatively and merely assume that par golf is going to win it. An over-par round definitely isn't going to win it.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

more compelling? wtf is that even supposed to mean? tiger is tiger, he will regain his form. unless you've been in cryo-sleep for the last decade+3, there hasn't been a more ''compelling'' figure in golf. tiger will rise again. and quite honestly, in all the 28(damn that's a long time) years of my life, i've never seen a performance the likes of which tiger has displayed time and time and time again. so it is said, so shall it be.

Sorry, I should have stated somewhere that I was stating my opinion. If they never showed Phil or Tiger for even 2 seconds today, that would be awesome.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

• Administrator
Join the live chat as you watch the TV coverage: http://thesandtrap.com/pga/2010_pga_...nal_round_chat .

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 4994 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!