IGNORED

Courses with "Free Birthday Rounds"

Note: This thread is 3577 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I came here excited to tell you you don't have to go to SJH (I'm making the educated guess based on SJH being further than Shorecliffs that you are in San Diego County) because Talega offers a free birthday round as well, and it's off Pico.

However, I went online to double check it, and for the life of me, cannot find the info.  I swear I saw it somewhere (in the pro shop maybe??).  I also remember the caveat that it was only free with a paying partner.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by SVTGolfer

I guess I should update this thread...

There are several courses in Southern California that offer "free" rounds of golf for your birthday. These are the ones I have found:

Hidden Valley (Norco)

RedHawk (Temecula)

Menifee Lakes (Menifee)

Tustin Ranch (Tustin/Irvine)

San Juan Hills (San Juan/Mission Viejo)

Tustin Ranch is the best offer out there. Its a no strings attached, completely free round on your birthday. Not only tht but free range balls and a free lunch. Show up check in and play. Its that easy. Ive done this two years in a row now. Only problem some people may have is that it is good on your actual birthday ONLY. If they have a tournament or it rains or something then youre SOL. Its totally worth going though, as they claim to be one of the best semi private courses in OC, which I think is a joke because the place is nice, but no nicer than several other public courses in OC. Tustin Ranch is normally ridiculously expensive, & overpriced if you ask me. But free is good! Haha

Hidden Valley out in Corona/Norco is a very nice course. Very challenging though. Lots of OB & Lateral hazards, so bring lots of balls. Hahaha. The deal here is you're free for your birthday as long as you bring 2 paying guests at full price which is $45 I think. Very fair price for this course. This deal is good 7 days before or 7 days after your actual birthday.

San Juan Hills is the same as Hidden Valley. 2 paying guests gets you a free birthday round 7 days before or 7 days after your actual birthday. This course however is slightly overpriced in my opinion. They're just jumping on the "we're in Orange County so we think we can charge more" bandwagon.

RedHawk is a pretty nice course down in Temecula. Its worth the drive in my opinion. The deal here is also a free birthday round 7 days before or after your birthday, all you have to do is pay for a cart. Hey, $15 for that course is a steal!! This is one I would recommend along with Tustin Ranch.

Menifee Lakes is a 36 hole golf course. Its a decent layout, but the drive is a bit far for the condition of the facility. If you're like me, and you'll drive almost anywhere for a free round of golf, then its totally worth it. Again its a free round 7 days before or 7 days after your birthday, just pay cart fee. Take some buddies, and make a road trip out of it! 2 courses to choose from too.

There are a couple other courses, but I can not remember which ones. I know for sure there is one down in San Diego, but ive never played it, & I dont remember its name. And I try to never go out to the LA area, but Im sure there is one or two out there as well.

All great deals.  Tustin Ranch is a nice track... Overpriced, but great for a free birthday round.

• 4 months later...

tustin ranch has a tournament on my birthday lasting from 7 30 til 5. I guess im going at the crack of dawn. probably playing mile square after that with my friends as that one is a free round within a month of your birthday with the printed coupon after joining their list.

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

My birthday is in February, two courses I know of offer birthday deals for winter babies on your half birthday. (August 5th for me).

Too bad both of the course are horribly maintained and are BEGGING people to come.

Seriously, I've gotten 3 mailings from them that is a BOGO green fee

2013 Goal:

Single digit handicap

• 8 months later...

I know a handful of courses in California that offers a free round of golf on your birthday. But I'm hoping to compile a comprehensive list across the US and Canada. Please reply with ones in your area. Thanks.

Golf Club of Ocala. A nice muni right down the street that also claims to be the oldest muni course in Florida (Built in 1912).

my get up and go musta got up and went..

StanleyGolf.com, in New Britain, Ct. I have never played there, but a co-worker says it's a nice public course, and plays there very often.

They also give out free rounds at the Ct. Golf Expo, (which was last weekend), so I have a certificate in hand for this year. I went to play with last years certificate and the place was packed, so we went elsewhere and had that course to ourselves as a result! Great round! The certificate dates were close to ending, that's why it was so busy, I suppose.

Plus, since my birthday is in December, they honor mine in June. You need to provide your e-mail address, but they don't inundate you with offers/updates in your in box.

Missed my "birthday round" last year only because I went with my GF to her annual conference in New Jersey, and played two very nice courses there, and took her to the USGA Hall of Fame instead. Great mini golf vacation for me!

~Tom B.

~Tom B.

I ordered a Chicken and an Egg on the Internet, to find out which came first... I'll keep you posted!

In the Detroit Metro area all the Huron Clinton Metro Park courses (8) offer a free round (walking).  If your birthday falls between 11/1 and 4/1 they give it to you on your "half birthday" (add 6 months).

Whispering Pines (Pinckney, MI) gives you 18 and a cart on your birthday.  So does College Fields Golf Course in Okemos, MI.

There are some other places that give you a free round if you bring one or more additional paying players.  I do not consider that "free".

Good luck with the project.

Brian Kuehn

I checked out their website and I like their half birthday rounds. That's very fair of them to do that for those of us with birthdays in the winter months. Thanks for letting me know.

• 3 weeks later...

look for teeitup.com

A number of courses did a few years back.

Now it's more of a discount, due to the current economy.

I played about 4 rounds for free a couple of years ago.

Driver: X460 tour- 9.5*
3-wood: 3+ - 13*
Hybrid: BB HW 20*
Hybrid: 24*
Irons: X-20 Uniflex SteelWedges: Colonial 56* & 60*Putter: XG SabertoothBall: GPS-8âIf you are caught on a golf course during a storm and are afraid of lightning, hold up a 1-iron. Not even God...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
The Champion Club at Hampton Creek in Ootlewah, Tenn. if you sign up for their email newsletter and give them your birthdate, they'll email you a birthday pass for a free round. You can use it one week prior and one week after your birthday. I used it, just paid the cart fee.

Tustin Ranch is $25, but lunch, balls and cart included. Going to try Hidden Valley, tomorrow, they charge for a cart, but the round is free. The normal weekday is around $35, but the course looks pretty nice.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

It's a nice idea, free round on your birthday. They even have that here at one course I know of in Ohio... Problem is, how do I get to take advantage of that when my birthday is mid December rofl. I didn't see anything that said they'll let you play your free round early in those cases.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop

It's a nice idea, free round on your birthday. They even have that here at one course I know of in Ohio... Problem is, how do I get to take advantage of that when my birthday is mid December rofl. I didn't see anything that said they'll let you play your free round early in those cases.

Ask them.  Courses in MI typically give winter birthdays a "half birthday" by adding 6 months.  So a birthday on January 15 gets the free round on July 15.  Most people, including golf course owners, recognize that offering a birthday deal that excludes everyone born from November to March, needs a bit of flexibility.

Brian Kuehn

Note: This thread is 3577 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!