Sign in to follow this  
clonewars222

58.04 vs 58.08 vs 58.12

Note: This thread is 3520 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

6 posts / 3529 viewsLast Reply

Depends on what you want to use it for. I look at my lie first near the green. If its tight and I need to stop it short ill go low bounce 62 degree wedge. If its in sand or rough a 56*-11 or whatever it is I have. Lie is pretty damn important.
Honestly I use my 8 iron to chip/bump n run WAY more than my 56 or 62. Thats just me though. I think its a much easier shot to get close to the pin.
I have a 52 with low bounce for a gap wedge I'll use from the fairawy
a 56 with high bounce I use from rough or sand close in
and a 62 low boucne Ill use from tight to decent lies when I need to flop one and opening the 56 wouldnt work.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If your handicap is really 9 you should have at least one low bounce wedge in your bag for those fancy shots

If your handicap is really 9 you should have at least one low bounce wedge in your bag for those fancy shots

Really just depends on what kind of conditions he typically plays on...

'Bout 4 degrees.

You basically need to find which you like the best. A lot of people like low bounce on their lob wedge because they use it as a specialty club to hit flop shots. I have a lob wedge with 9* of bounce and think that is just perfect. I use it out of bunkers, in the rough, from tight lies, for flop shots. But some people don't like a lot of bounce because they can't get the club under the ball.

Also it depends what other clubs you have. If the 58 is your LW and you have a 54 (with a lot of bounce) or something for the sand, try low bounce on the 58 so you can hit a variety of shots. If the 58 is your SW and you have a 64* LW with very little bounce, go with a higher bounce wedge so you can use it out of the sand.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3520 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!