IGNORED

whats the first thing i will notice playing the 695 mb's

Note: This thread is 4990 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Rory McIlroy, Ross Fisher, Geoff Ogilvy, Robert Karlsson, Rickie Fowler, Bo Van Pelt, Adam Scott

but...you're not a pro...

and i said it before, and i'll say it again, we've all seen your swing (your new swing too) and sorry but I've seen guys who hit blades well, and your swing is not that. Post up a video of you actually hitting a ball with your 7 iron and i'll shut up.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just his, or would anyone's 7-iron video shut you up - sorry man, that just popped into my head.

Personally if the leading edge, grind, and look at address (how easy is the club to align - not really concerned about a thin topline - meh) and swingweight feel good, I feel confident. Usually those are all check marks with blades and old sets are cheap like borscht. Of course, I've hit (and owned) a few duds in my day - bone rattling POS "Pinseekers" I'm looking at you!!.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

yea the sweet spot on a mb is going to be

Disagree. A perfectly hit shot with a MB is nice, but not

a lot nicer than a perfectly hit shot with a comparable CB. It's a little bit nicer-plus there are numerous factors in addition to MB vs. CB that determine how we perceive that well struck shot.

Just his, or would anyone's 7-iron video shut you up - sorry man, that just popped into my head.

Great point. Not all clubs, blades included, are created equal. I've hit some s***** blades.

I will post of a video of me hitting an iron, Il try to get a floor shot so you can see the ball fly too. I just have to wait for my casio fh25 camera to come in the mail. The other videos Ive posted are of me walking into my backyard turning on the camera and just swinging my driver so no warm up or anything. I also was trying to exaggerate any false moves I might do so that Iacas can see where I make mistakes.

I will post of a video of me hitting an iron, Il try to get a floor shot so you can see the ball fly too. I just have to wait for my casio fh25 camera to come in the mail. The other videos Ive posted are of me walking into my backyard turning on the camera and just swinging my driver so no warm up or anything. I also was trying to exaggerate any false moves I might do so that Iacas can see where I make mistakes.

ya you were "trying" to exaggerate your flaws

when ever I get swing advice i try to make sure I swing as off plane with my body as out of position as possible too...but just so the instructor can see what I'm doing wrong very quickly I don't understand why you would change your swing at all if you are telling the truth. thats not going to fix your problem because chances are the thing screwing up your game at your level is something you don't even know your doing.

|callaway.gif X460 Tour Fujikura Tour Platform 26.3 73g | taylormade.gif 2i Rescue 11 |  3i HiBore Hybrid |  710 MB |  Wedge Works 48/06 |  cg12 52/08  | vokey.gifSpin Milled 56/11 | nike.gifSV Tour 60/10 | cameron.gif Studio Select Newport 2 34" |

rangefinder : LR550

ya you were "trying" to exaggerate your flaws

well evertime I swing I dont have an open clubface. If I dont swing out of my shoes I can see the club face being open when I make swings so I knew I captured a open clubface swing. I wanted to capture a swing that looked like my clubface was open so I could figure out why I was doing it so I can avoid doing it. I found out part of the problem which was bringing my right leg in at impact, if a tripod was inbetween my feet and slightly infront of me to make sure I didnt lean foward I would of ran into it or knocked it over,

I dont want to film a swing that I hit dead straight and long and show it to an instructor asking to fix it,lol

you do more than one swing. i just dont see a point. if you take your normal swing it will still have the flaws

|callaway.gif X460 Tour Fujikura Tour Platform 26.3 73g | taylormade.gif 2i Rescue 11 |  3i HiBore Hybrid |  710 MB |  Wedge Works 48/06 |  cg12 52/08  | vokey.gifSpin Milled 56/11 | nike.gifSV Tour 60/10 | cameron.gif Studio Select Newport 2 34" |

you do more than one swing. i just dont see a point. if you take your normal swing it will still have the flaws

I tried to put the video up of only one swing but it would only provide a download link so I had to post the whole video of mutiple swings loaded onto youtube. Im not sure which one Iacas used but it was probably the first swing I took which was the one I wanted to show.

btw, this thread has been hijacked so increadibly bad its funny. The OP hasnt responded once, lol. All I did was say they wouldnt hurt his hands and it turned into a circus.

I tried to put the video up of only one swing but it would only provide a download link so I had to post the whole video of mutiple swings loaded onto youtube. Im not sure which one Iacas used but it was probably the first swing I took which was the one I wanted to show.

Not so much a circus as a debate/discussion. What else should we do on a golf forum?

Rory McIlroy, Ross Fisher, Geoff Ogilvy, Robert Karlsson, Rickie Fowler, Bo Van Pelt, Adam Scott

Trying to use PGA Tour players as a benchmark is almost pointless. Seriously, the likes of Golf Digest keep ramming hybrids down our throats as if they are going out of fashion, claiming that most Tour players have replaced their 3 & 4 irons with hybrids.

After watching the PGA Championship on TV this weekend, it didn't look like too many hybrids were in play. One guy was carrying a 2-iron as well. Same with the blade vs cavity back argument. You've already listed a small sample that shows "more Tour players use blades." To re-hash and ancient cliche, just use the equipment you feel confident with. Simple really!

Trying to use PGA Tour players as a benchmark is almost pointless. Seriously, the likes of Golf Digest keep ramming hybrids down our throats as if they are going out of fashion, claiming that most Tour players have replaced their 3 & 4 irons with hybrids.

Yea, but I think its noteworthy to see what they use. Im interested in why most of the tour pros choose the CB or MB over the AP2's for professional play. The pros are gonig to be the standard for the best equipment out there because they get paid millions for playing good, this is their career.

and I agree, use the clubs you like.

but what i dont get is where you get that they will hurt your hands. like i have been hitting blades for a while and ive never hit the ball so poorly that it legitimately hurt me physically

but what i dont get is where you get that they will hurt your hands. like i have been hitting blades for a while and ive never hit the ball so poorly that it legitimately hurt me physically

he said they dont hurt your hands.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

I dont want to film a swing that I hit dead straight and long and show it to an instructor asking to fix it,lol

I waited until I was striping the ball before taking lessons. I wanted the instructor to tell me what was right about my swing so I could keep doing it. Who wants a snapshot of garbage swings to refer to? I'm not sure you're approaching this whole "blades" thing from the right angle. If you're expecting them to make you better, they won't. You gotta get better to take advantage of them.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I waited until I was striping the ball before taking lessons. I wanted the instructor to tell me what was right about my swing so I could keep doing it. Who wants a snapshot of garbage swings to refer to? I'm not sure you're approaching this whole "blades" thing from the right angle. If you're expecting them to make you better, they won't.

yea i dont think they will "make" me better but I think hard work and persistance will. I honestly just like certain irons. I am sort of an equipment junkie

yea i dont think they will "make" me better but I think hard work and persistance will. I honestly just like certain irons. I am sort of an equipment junkie

Now THAT is the right attitude - play them because they rock. A lot of guys buying ZR1s or 911s can't driver very well compared to professional drivers, but that doesn't mean they can't enjoy a fast car.

Note: This thread is 4990 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!