IGNORED

whats the first thing i will notice playing the 695 mb's

Note: This thread is 4992 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

yea i dont think they will "make" me better but I think hard work and persistance will. I honestly just like certain irons. I am sort of an equipment junkie

Are you admitting that you value "looking" the part more than "playing" the part?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you admitting that you value "looking" the part more than "playing" the part?

no but I think looks matter. if that was the case I would have a titleist 909d3 driver instead of that callaway diablo edge but I hit that edge pretty darn well. The titleists are good lookin but I dont hit them all that well

Off-center hits will be a lot different with blades. Instead of being 5 yards short of the green, you can easily end up 10-15 yards short (which can possibly means getting into hazards).

Also, from my experience, a couple of bad shots in a row with blades will make the club face that much smaller. I sometimes found it hard to take the club back because I was quite sure I was going to mis-hit it.

no but I think looks matter. if that was the case I would have a titleist 909d3 driver instead of that callaway diablo edge but I hit that edge pretty darn well. The titleists are good lookin but I dont hit them all that well

It just seems stupid to buy equipment based on looks. Why do looks matter? I'll take the rigid, scuffed clubs that I can beat you by 20 strokes with, rather than playing new MB's that look cool..

I play CB because I hit them well, not because they look amazing. But, that defers from the point of... You're hitting MP-32's with a double digit handicap... I mean to each their own, honestly. But, have you ever considered the point of switching to CB easier to hit clubs will probably take you to a single digit handicap because they're that much easier to hit and more forgiving? Why would you carry a harder to hit club because it looks cool? When you probably hit it very inconsitantly. I'll trade 5/10 good shots MB's, for 9/10 good shots with CB's any day of the week. Why make it harder on yourself?

It just seems stupid to buy equipment based on looks. Why do looks matter? I'll take the rigid, scuffed clubs that I can beat you by 20 strokes with, rather than playing new MB's that look cool..

I can actually comment on this from first hand experience. It may not be that they look "cool" as far as the new trend. It may be that he is referring to "looks" in reference to what fits his eye. I was a 10+ handicap when I bought my MP-32s and that was the best decision I ever made. I was using a set of Nike Slingshots at the time and I hit them descent but I couldn't stand looking down and seeing that big head on the end of my club. So I decided to get the MP-32s and they really fit my eye. Once I bought those, my game starting improving. It could have been that it had to improve because of the club, but I like to think it was because they gave me more confidence. It got me from a 10+ to a -4 over a few years, so they obviously didn't hurt me in anyway.

With that being said, I agree that you should play whatever club that helps you shoot the lowest scores, but sometimes looks play a role in that equation. I can take my cousin's big headed callaways and not score nearly as well as I can with my Mizunos. I am buying a completely new setup next year and I am going in with no favorite name brands. I am going to hit every iron they have and I am going to pick the one that I feel will benefit my game the most no matter if it's a Titleist, Callaway, or Bobby Jones set of irons, but I would be lying if I said that the look of the club didn't come into play with my decision.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Why would someone take it personally when another amateur player chooses equipment that's over their head? As long as they aren't slowing anyone down on the course, how does it affect us in any way? BTW - I've never read a post where a mid-cap blades player looked down his nose at a single digit player who got there while playing shovels.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

well thats exactly why I got them. cause I hit them well. The looks are only a added plus. I mean I don't know what to tell you about me hitting them good, other than; Im sorry. On the contrary, I havent tried any other MB style extensivley, only the MP32. Ive played the callaway x22's for awhile, ap2 710 for a few months and then the mp32's. Back in the day I played tommy armour 845 oversized irons for about 10 years, the first 2 years playing regularly with them.

well thats exactly why I got them. cause I hit them well. The looks are only a added plus. I mean I don't know what to tell you about me hitting them good, other than; Im sorry. On the contrary, I havent tried any other MB style extensivley, only the MP32. Ive played the callaway x22's for awhile, ap2 710 for a few months and then the mp32's. Back in the day I played tommy armour 845 oversized irons for about 10 years, the first 2 years playing regularly with them.

Gave up on the AP2's too quickly!

Just joshing ya-but the AP2s are great.

well golfro wanted a video of me hitting one of my mizuno irons so here it is with my new camera. Its a 6 iron and I hit these irons very well despite the fact I need more of a shoulder turn and some other adjustments that I want to do.

well golfro wanted a video of me hitting one of my mizuno irons so here it is with my new camera. Its a 6 iron and I hit these irons very well despite the fact I need more of a shoulder turn and some other adjustments that I want to do.

I have not gorne though and read all the this topic, but that swing is fine to be using blades.

Seriously people make to big of deal if sombody plays blades, god it;s there game, so piss off. BTW if you could i would love to a a DTL vid of that.

Driver: 909D3 8.5* Diamana White Board X
3 Wood: MP 630 15* GRAFALLOY PROLAUNCH RED X
Hybrid: 909H 19* "Real" VooDoo X
3 - P: MP-68 KBS Tour Black Nickel X
56* 10 Wedge Vr60* 06 Wedge: VrPutter: Custom Made.Golf Ball: TOUR B330SI am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was....

coming from someone who plays those irons... they are very workable. some of the best shots i hit with them are low punches from out of trouble.. there is nothing like hitting them flush... i am addicted to them because of the way they feel on a well struck shot. if i didnt hit the ball solid most of the time there is no way i would play them but they are so deadly accurate and true when executing a planned shot. as are most irons. hitting them thin is still not that bad... its when i catch one a little off the toe that i find myself short of my planned yardage... i would never play a club just because it looks good as someone commented earlier. that is a bonus of these irons as they are beautiful.. but the shots that i make with them and that they allow me to make are the true beauty.

Putter first 
:titleist: newport 2 oil can
:titleist: 58* SM4
:titleist: 54* SM4
:titleist: 50* SM4
:titleist: 4-pw AP2 project X 6.0
:ping: i20 9.5 TFC Stiff

I have not gorne though and read all the this topic, but that swing is fine to be using blades.

I think most people here, myself included, don't care if somebody plays blades-as long as they're honest about why they're doing it. I played a set of blades last year when I was just getting back into the game-because I thought they would improve my ballstriking, and because they

looked cool . I did fine, but with a torn ligament in my wrist I wasn't consistent enough with them. I dropped my handicap significantly playing Titleist 775s and PING Zing 2s. mottler621 has every right to play blades if he wants-but the reasons he posted, and the "buzzwords" he used to justify switching from AP2s (a fantastic player's CB) to blades were patently transparent. Just say that you got them because they're cool and you wanted them.

I just bought Nike vr blades coming off of ap1s, so hopefully they will not be a problem. Most of my mishits are either fat or thin, not left or right. I am feeling pretty good about them though because I am a firm believer in the maltby ratings, and these blades are really high compared to other blades.

OHIO

In my Revolver Bag
R9 460, RIP
R9 TP 3 Wood, Diamana 'ilima 70*Idea Pro Black 20*Titleist AP1 712 4-AW Spin Milled Black Nickel 56.08 & 60.10

I think most people here, myself included, don't care if somebody plays blades-as long as they're honest about why they're doing it. I played a set of blades last year when I was just getting back into the game-because I thought they would improve my ballstriking, and because they

ok so you bought yours because you thought they would improve your ball striking and you thought they were cool.

I bought mine because I liked how I was hitting them, i didnt think they looked all that great when I got them (not ugly either) but now I think they are gorgeous. I probably wouldnt of tried them if it wasnt for this forum that sets them as the standard for the best irons and that influenced my decision too. Now that is the complete truth, dont care what you think is "transparent".

ok so you bought yours because you thought they would improve your ball striking and you thought they were cool.

Clearly you do care. I read your posts, I stand by my interpretation. Honestly, I'm glad you like your irons.

eh, sorry but im gonna disagree here with CrazyXGolfer. I would never expect a swing like that to be hitting blades. but if it works for you, then hats off to you.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

Note: This thread is 4992 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!