Sign in to follow this  
gildea909

Anybody know any colleges with golf courses in the Northeast?

Note: This thread is 3374 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

25 posts / 9796 viewsLast Reply

I'm a senior and am beginning to look at colleges, I dont necessarily want to play college golf. I would just like a course nearby that i could play on. A lot of the schools i look at don't even have golf as an intramural sport which is dissapointing to me. I live in the boston area, the furthest south i'd like to go is the DC area. Anybody know of any reputable colleges with a their own golf course or one nearby? Thanks!

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

Bucknell in Lewisburg PA has it's own course which is pretty nice. Of course, Lewisburg is in the middle of no-where, so there's not much to do other than drink and play golf.

-C

I'm a senior and am beginning to look at colleges, I dont necessarily want to play college golf. I would just like a course nearby that i could play on. A lot of the schools i look at don't even have golf as an intramural sport which is dissapointing to me. I live in the boston area, the furthest south i'd like to go is the DC area. Anybody know of any reputable colleges with a their own golf course or one nearby? Thanks!

What school doesn't have a golf course close by? I guess you would have to define nearby.

What school doesn't have a golf course close by? I guess you would have to define nearby.

ok lets say less than 10-20 miles away? For example, I was looking at American university in DC, and the closest public course is quite a ways away and they do not have a golf program since its right in the city, which i was expecting

Theres like 80 bagillion courses in/around boston. Do you want to go away from the GBA for school??? theres also 80 bagillion schools in the GBA area.

Theres like 80 bagillion courses in/around boston. Do you want to go away from the GBA for school??? theres also 80 bagillion schools in the GBA area.

preferably yes, I have looked at some schools like northeastern and BU, but besides that, i'm more interested in from NYC to DC area, which i should probably narrow down soon

ok lets say less than 10-20 miles away? For example, I was looking at American university in DC, and the closest public course is quite a ways away and they do not have a golf program since its right in the city, which i was expecting

Go to maps.google.com and type in washington dc golf courses. You can do this for any city where you think you might want to go to school. However, school is more important than golf so I would choose the best school and worry about golf after you get there.

East Potomac golf course is less than 7 miles away from American University. There are others as well.

Colgate I believe actually owns their own golf course. Other than that, anywhere you go that isn't directly in the middle of NYC or DC or Philly will have a golf course nearby.

I'm going to the University of Delaware in Newark, DE. The nearest course is about a 5 minute drive and, based on rates, the course that I think I will be going to most often in in Wilmington, about 20 minutes away. None of that really factored into my decision because I am bringing my car and will be able to go to any course I want.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Bucknell in Lewisburg PA has it's own course which is pretty nice. Of course, Lewisburg is in the middle of no-where, so there's not much to do other than drink and play golf.

HAHA! I grew up in that area and bucknell is very nice if you have the 50 grand a year to go there plus Lewisburg is not much of a "college town". Most colleges have golf courses around them but if you are looking for one that's on the campus that might narrow your search a bit.

Note: This thread is 3374 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!