IGNORED

Taylormade Penta TP Golf ball..... IS AWESOME!

Note: This thread is 4626 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I may go get another sleeve of these, especially since my game has improved BIG time. 100's to the 80's now consistently!
I want to compare the Penta to the Pro V1. Durability, spin, distance, flight, etc; it would be interesting on the durability part since I have Vokeys now and I really enjoy these wedges. Everything is starting to mesh together in my short game.

Sunday I'll test a sleeve of each..

- VR Pro LTD - 9.5 Ahina X

- VR_S 3, 5 woods - Fubuki X

- VR Pro Combo - 3-Pw S300's
nike.gif - VR VRev Wedges - 52, 58 

- Method 001 - 34in.

- 20XI-S

- 20XI Staff Bag

I can't wait to find one of these out on the course... I would love to try 'em, just too expensive to buy (for me at least).

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 11 months later...
Just bought my first boxes of TP Black and got some Pentas for Father's day. The TP Blacks and Pentas are on sale everywhere. Got the Blacks for $26 and the Pentas for $29. Not sure if they weren't selling at the Pro V1 prices or if TM is releasing the Septa, but the prices have been right for me to try the "new" balls.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Wanted to through in my $0.02 for the Penta...tried it and am convinced it is 'da bomb!

Driver:  i15 (8*)  3W:  R11 (14*)   Hybrids:  G10 (28*)    A12OS (25* & 19*)  Irons:  i20 (7i-UW)    Wedges: CG14 (54* & 58*)   Putter:  Scotty Cameron Red X5    Ball:  Penta   

"What other people may find in poetry, I find in the flight of a good drive" -- Arnold Palmer  

Played a Penta TP today from my two ball "trial" box. Firm and solid off the club face, beautiful penetrating flight with plenty of roll on drives, on wedge shots it drops out of the sky like it's made of metal and the green is magnetised and it's solid and soft on putts. Sex in a ball.

The only worry I had today was that I'm used to trying to hit the front of the green for my normal balls to roll into the middle but today I found that I'd hit the front of the greenand the ball would stop where it landed.

• Upvote 1

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

Now that I can get them for $26 a box I stocked up.  It's a little higher than I like to pay but I love the way they play.  They stick on the green for me and they feel great off the putter.

It could be argued that my game isn't good enough for premium balls, but what the heck.

Note: This thread is 4626 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!