IGNORED

How much do you spend on golf?

rembrandt
Note: This thread is 4642 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 member has voted

1. 1. How much $$$ annually?

• under$100
    • 100-300
    • 301-500
    • 501-1000
    • 1001-2000
    • 2001-5000
    • 5000+

First year playing, had irons and driver given to me by family member. Between lessons, woods, wedges, shoes, bags, books, balls, and range easy $1,500. Expect to buy new irons next year, so $1500 - $2000 this year and close to the same next year.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I won't count clubs, since I don't buy new ones every year.

Membership: $670
Balls: $50-100
Range: Hard to tell, from $400 to $1000 if I was to take a guess
Lessons: $400-500
Green fees: $500-1000

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

This season I spent around 600 on clubs, shoes, clothes, balls...don;t know how much on actual rounds...ALOT...but this is my first real season, so I doubt I will spend that much next year

I am going to Golf Town tonight to spend another 200 on new goodies

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

toooooo much !

Cal Razr Hawk 10.5 | TM Superfast 3W | Adams Idea Pro Black 20 | MP-68 3-PW | TW9 50/06 + 58/12 | Ram Zebra Putter

toooooo much !

Same here... but I can't stop...

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

toooooo much !

Well, this being the year I got serious about the game, I spent around ~$1500 dialing in a set of clubs I like. That mixed in with tons of greens fees, balls and other misc gear, I'm guessing around $3000. Next season should be about half that, now that I'm settled with a set of clubs that I really like, and I (hopefully) won't tinker with too much.

Just started at the beginning of summer, so 3 months now? I'd say I've spent roughly $1,000 so far on clothes, lessons, range sessions, and green fees. Haven't even bought any clubs yet. Will likely be close to $2,000 by the time winter roles around...

I don't spend much at all, maybe the 500-1000 range, and closer to the 500. That is all just for greens fees. I rarely get to buy any new equipment.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

I'll put it this way...

I drive a 2007 Jetta. It's loaded, as Jettas go...but it's a Jetta.

If I didn't play golf, I'd have a nicer car - a lot nicer.

I also know that if I sat and calculated, dollar for dollar, what I spent on golf - I might have to drive my car off a tall bridge. I'd rather not.

Current Gear Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12 - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

I likley spend around $13-1500 per year for club dues, tourney entries, and other greens fees, but i don't replace equipment very often so it varies. Ill probably use my current set of clubs for the next several years, with only new wedges on the horizon. After that its just balls, the odd apparel buy, and gloves, which is probably around $300 per season.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

When the season is all over I will have spent over $1000.

Spent ~$300 this past winter for: Driver, 3-wood, shoes
Membership ~$900
Food/Drinks ???
Gas to and from the course ???

Waiting for summer...

• 11 months later...

Memberships and actual greens fees aside

How much do you spend a year on golf equipment, clothes, balls, and everything else golf related?

I am a freak about having the "latest and greatest". I just bought an R11 and got new Mizuno irons this year. Not to mention, I gotta look good to play good! So I buy more golf clothes than I have work clothes and everyday clothes.

A wild guess says I spend $2K/year on just that stuff.

Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated

Outside of membership/green fees and tournament entry costs, i'd say i've spent less than €100 in the last 3 years. I've just bought the odd bit of golf clothes and golf balls in that time. Come to think of it, I bought all that stuff using vouchers I won golfing....so technically i've spent nothing.

I started playing about a year ago and I have probably spent about $700-800 maybe.  My clubs are just clones for now, but I am slowly upgrading.  I love the irons and hybrids though so I will probably stick with them for a while.

Very little, this year I would say I have spent $90, I bought a new pair of shoes.  Next year I might need balls, but I have pretty much bought all the "stuff" for golf so it's just the odd replacement stuff like balls, grips, shoes.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

Outside of this year, when I bought all new equipment, the average year is probably $500-700 of clothes, balls, gloves, shoes, etc. And I don't make a lot of money so I sell uneeded stuff around the house on Craigslist to fund my golfing addiction!

Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated

Originally Posted by Pope33

Outside of this year, when I bought all new equipment, the average year is probably $500-700 of clothes, balls, gloves, shoes, etc. And I don't make a lot of money so I sell uneeded stuff around the house on Craigslist to fund my golfing addiction!

I do the same thing lol. Makes me feel less guilty about spending the money.

I don't spend much at all on equipment.  I might buy a new driver every 2 or 3 years.  I've had my nike forged irons for about 8 years and still are the best irons i've ever had.  I buy new wedges maybe every 3 or 4 years.  I'd say a normal year I spend maybe 150 on balls and new golf shirts.

Note: This thread is 4642 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!