IGNORED

Best iPhone Golf GPS App?

I'm currently trialling Swing By Swing GPS and it's good, really good! Of course you don't get the "elite" functionality without a subscription but as a free GPS it's great so far.

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

• 11 months later...
Originally Posted by MiniBlueDragon

I'm currently trialling Swing By Swing GPS and it's good, really good! Of course you don't get the "elite" functionality without a subscription but as a free GPS it's great so far.

I upgraded to the "looper" level and am happy with it.  For what you pay it works great.

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

• 1 month later...

Golfshot

Driver - 10.5° Callaway RAZR Fit 

3 Wood - 15° Callaway Diablo Octane

Hybrid - 18.25° & 21° Titleist 913H 

Irons 5-PW - Cleveland CG16 Satin Chrome

Gap Wedge - 50° MD Golf NV Drew Standard Bounce 

Sand Wedge - 56° Cleveland 588 RTX 

Lob Wedge - 60° Cleveland 588 RTX 

Putter - Cleveland Classic Black Platinum 6

• 1 month later...
Golfshot

don't buy the golf scape it's not worth it - doesn't centre when using and I find that the markers for yardages are off! Battery life is garbage iPhone will be dead by the time the round is done BUT good at keeping scores, stats on GIR FIR etc so you know where you are struggling.

Driver: Titleist 907 D2 9.5*

Wood: 3 Wood Cobra S2 17*

Hybrid: 3 & 4 Hybrid Titleist PT 585 H 21* 24*

Irons: 5-PW Mizuno MP-69 

Wedges: 52*/5 R-12, 58*/10 Black Ox, 64*/7 T-11 Mizuno 

GolfCardGPS paid version for $3.99.  Recently downloaded the now Shotly app and looking forward to trying it this weekend.  Looks pretty good (the free version).  Anyone try it yet?

Nike SQ MachSpeed Driver 

Calloway RAZR Fit 3W  

Taylor Made R7 Irons 

White Ice #1 35" 

Mizuno F50 5-7W 

Bushnell Medalist Range Finder 

• 6 years later...

Hi, Hugh here.

I have tried a few different apps ... GolfShot, Swing U, Golf GPS and VPAR.

I am currently using an iPhone 6s with these apps and cannot recommend VPAR highly enough. It is by far and away the best of these apps. The GPS feature is very accurate although it does not always get the tee positions correct when switching between Black, Blue and White markers but this deficiency is easily overcome by using the ball position marker on the location of the tee box. It has several excellent features and the scorecard is easy to use.

The only thing I really need is a suitable cradle to hold my iphone on my clicgear 3.5+ cart which does not involve using the umbrella holder as these 2 accessories need to be used in tandem to see the screen clearly when used in sunny conditions. Any suggestions would be most welcome!

1 hour ago, HughfromHerneHill said:

Hi, Hugh here.

Hugh here as well. Hello from Florida.

I like Golfshot as well. Although after 3 years another app would have to be unbelievable to get me to switch.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2019 at 12:09 PM, Jbeebs1 said:

Hole 19

Another vote for Hole 19. The app can be used in an Apple Watch. I just leave the phone in the buggy and refer to the AW4 for the distances when I’m in the tee box/fairway  

I also use The Tag Heuer golf app. The graphics is better and it also provides distance readings across several areas around the green. It can also be added as a complication in the AW. 

• iacas changed the title to Best iPhone Golf GPS App?
  • 3 years later...