Sign in to follow this  
don28

Time To Get A New Putter?

Note: This thread is 3719 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

11 posts / 1456 viewsLast Reply

I've had the same putter for about 8 years. I wonder if all the "war marks" on the putter have a significant effect on the roll of the ball. Here's what it looks like:

Just wondering if it's time for an upgrade, or do I keep this and continue working on my putting accuracy?

well the bottom definitely wont have any type of influence on the roll... as for the face, the spot where the ball would contact the face looks pretty smooth. If you WANT a new putter, get a new putter. As for the question if you NEED a new putter due to those marks.. my answer would be no.

well the bottom definitely wont have any type of influence on the roll... as for the face, the spot where the ball would contact the face looks pretty smooth. If you WANT a new putter, get a new putter. As for the question if you NEED a new putter due to those marks.. my answer would be no.

The face was the bigger question. It just has those few nicks in it. I don't NEED a new putter. Like most of us, there's a club ho inside of me dying to get out.

yea.. u and me both haha. but yea the face will not hinder the roll.. just a few knicks. the imperfections in the green will disrupt it a whole lot more than the face of that putter. Do what you feel though.

The face was the bigger question. It just has those few nicks in it. I don't NEED a new putter. Like most of us, there's a club ho inside of me dying to get out.

I say let out the club ho!

If you are putting well you do not need a putter.

I say let out the club ho!

Well, I am not putting well, and I did let the club ho out after today's horrendous round. I bought an Odyssey Tri-Ball SRT putter, used from Golf Galaxy. It looks and feels brand new. I also was easier to line up and sink putts with (at least at the store, lol.)

Well, I am not putting well, and I did let the club ho out after today's horrendous round. I bought an Odyssey Tri-Ball SRT putter, used from Golf Galaxy. It looks and feels brand new. I also was easier to line up and sink putts with (at least at the store, lol.)

I'm convinced my local golf shop puts magnets in the hole and the balls. It doesn't matter what putter I try there I'll make 10 out of 10 puts from 5ft. When I get to a real green it might be 4 out of 10 on a good day

. Hopefully your new putter sinks those putts on the course! I've been drooling over the new Odyssey black series #6 putter lately. I like simple putters but the solid medal face on my ping putter doesn't get the ball rolling off the face very well for me. The groves in the black series putters seem to help a lot.

The secret of good putting is never take the price tag off the putter and put clear tape over it.The putter thinks you are just trying it out and will make putts. Once you take the price tag off the putter knows you can't return it and will start acting up. If this happens you drag it behind your cart to show who is the boss!!!

I'm convinced my local golf shop puts magnets in the hole and the balls. It doesn't matter what putter I try there I'll make 10 out of 10 puts from 5ft. When I get to a real green it might be 4 out of 10 on a good day

I'm pretty sure the putting greens at stores are funnel to the hole. It's a pretty smart of them to trick you into thinking the putter you are testing will solve your putting woes. I always manage to sink 20 foot putts easily at golf stores...

I'm pretty sure the putting greens at stores are funnel to the hole. It's a pretty smart of them to trick you into thinking the putter you are testing will solve your putting woes. I always manage to sink 20 foot putts easily at golf stores...

well those greens are dead level most of the time thats why its easier than a real golf green

Note: This thread is 3719 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!