IGNORED

Favorite Beers?

Arsenal8807
Note: This thread is 4934 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I'm making a case, then two of each:

Guinness
Sam Adams Boston Lager
Sam Adams Black Lager
Bellhaven Scottish Ale
Old Speckled Hen
Pliny the Elder
Yuengling Porter
Juilius Echter
Trappist Westvleteren 12
Mackeson Triple XXX Stout
Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPA
Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout

My two favorite brews are local: Thunderhead Cornstalker Expresso Stout brewed in Kearney, Nebraska, and Hopleujah brewed in Cortland, Nebraska. Among the more nationally known brands Shiner Bock, Redhook ESB, Samuel Adams Boston Lager, and just about anything by Leinenkugel are real standouts. Guinnness, Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout, Paulaner Hefe Weisen, and Tusker are my favorite imports.
My Implements of Destruction (carried in a Hoofer Lite bag):

DRIVER: Big Bertha Diablo 10 degree draw, Aldila regular flex
FAIRWAY WOODS: G2 14 degree 3 wood & 17 degree 5 wood
IRONS: S59 3-PWWEDGES: M/B 54, 58, & 60 degree PUTTER: I Series Anser 4 (or G5i Anser, Anser 2F, or original...

Guinness Draught...but if I did it every day I'ld be 300#...so Miller Lite is my girlie man response...

Guinness is not as bad as people think, at least if you drink the Draught. It's not quite a light beer, but it's got fewer calories than most non-light beer. The non-draught stuff is a lot higher, both in calories and alcohol, though.

Guinness Draught: 125 calories, 4.0% alc/vol Miller Lite: 96 calories, 4.2% alc/vol Miller High Life: 156 calories, 5.5% alc/vol (source: http://www.realbeer.com/edu/health/calories.php )

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Guys. Personally I'm not a beer drinker. But if you are serious about your beers, you really should check out the Belgian beers ! It's estimated that Belgium produces about 8700 varieties of beer. Check them out !

Guys. Personally I'm not a beer drinker. But if you are serious about your beers, you really should check out the Belgian beers ! It's estimated that Belgium produces about 8700 varieties of beer. Check them out !

I was in Belgium a few years ago and a customer bought me a beer said it was made using the same formula the monks used like 800 years ago...it was pretty nasty stuff but I can't remember the name...You got any idea what it was?

I was in Belgium a few years ago and a customer bought me a beer said it was made using the same formula the monks used like 800 years ago...it was pretty nasty stuff but I can't remember the name...You got any idea what it was?

Haha that probably describes dozens of beers in Belgium.

I am not a beer geek at all, I like microbrews but I'm not terribly picky. I just picked up some Shocktop Belgian White and it is good. I like Newcastle, Dundee Honey Brown, Warsteiner, Sam Adams (almost all varieties), Dos Equis, Fat Tire, Blue Moon, Michelob Ultra, and even Bud Light. I don't like Coors Light very much, and I don't like pale ales that are really bitter, but beyond that it doesn't take much to make me happy.

In the blue Colts bag:

Driver - FT-5 10°
Hybrids - 4DX 15.5°, 20°
Irons/Wedges - CI-7 4-GW, SW | "Free" Warrior 60° LWPutter - TiffanyBalls - various

I tried to look it up. Apparently the best know abbey beers are called TRAPPIST, and are brew by cistercienzer monks. There are 7 monastaries that brew them, 6 are in belgium, one in Holland. * "Achel" from the Achelse Kluis in Hamont-Achel * "Chimay" from the Abbey Notre-Dame de Scourmont in Chimay * "La Trappe" from the Abbey Koningshoeven in Berkel-Enschot (Holland) * "Orval" from the Abbey van Orval in Villers-devant-Orval * "Rochefort" from the Abbey Notre-Dame de Saint-Rémy in Rochefort * "Westmalle" from the Abbey van Onze-Lieve-Vrouw van het Heilig Hart in Westmalle * "Westvleteren" from the Abbey Sint-Sixtusabdij in Westvleteren According to the rules of the IVT (international trappist society): - beer has to be brew under supervision of abbey community - has to be brew withing the abbey walls - largest part of the profits go to social work So all TRAPPIST beers are ABBEY BEERS, but not vice versa. There are lots of other abbey beers that do not adhere to the abovementioned three rules, or are brew by another order than the cistercienzer monks and therefor can not call themselves trappist beer. "Leffe" beer is one of them. Big chance you tried one of the above ?!

I'm an Anheiser Busch fan......

Michelob Ultra, Bud Select & Bud Light are my daily choices.

I tried something new while visiting New Orleans, recently ...... Abita .....very smooth...will be going to the market for this one.

I also like Schoengling Little Kings....grew up drinking these....whoa!....flashbacks.

I'm not generally a fan of Belgian-style beers, too sweet for me. However, there's a really nice pub here in Pasadena that usually has 50-60 beers on tap, and about half (or more) are Belgian. Twice a year they do the Belgian beer-fest where you buy a nice glass for the first round, and then it's like $4 or $5 per "refill" after that. On those occasions, it's fun to just see the amazing variety of flavors you can derive from the brewing process...

In addition to being rich and sweet, they also tend to be 8-12% alcohol by volume, so they got that going for them..... You have to be really careful...

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Falstaff, Blatz, Pabst, Budweiser when I was a kid and those were the brands our dads drank.
Anheuser Bush-Bavarian when I was a teenager in St. Louis, MO. (Yes, I was around for the "all-you-can-drink" brewery tour - not like the "dixie-cup tour" of today)
Corona/DosEquis in my mexican phase. I used to drink boiler-makers w/ mexican beer and tequila. woooooohaaaaaaaa!
Now - Whatever's on sale, or "Old-Milwaukee/Milwaukee's Best" if I go to my brother's house.

06 X-Tour 460 9° Driver Fujikara
06 X-Tour 13.5° 3W Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana
08 X 5W-18° or X 2H-18° Fujikara
BB X12 Pro 3-PW Rifle 6.0Callaway 36" S2H2 #1 Putter CG12-DSG 52° & 58° Wedges Rifle Spinners"Keep close count of your nickels and dimes, stay away from whiskey, and...

Note: This thread is 4934 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!