IGNORED

Rory calls out Tiger!

breakout89
Note: This thread is 4984 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

You must be joking.Sergio's problem is his temperament.I dunno if you noticed but Rory's one of the more laid back players on tour.I'm not saying he'll be a 14 time major winner, but he'll do alright.

Sergio didnt have a bad temperament at 19. Hes just gotten bitter over time.

I think Rory will be great, but the Sergio comparisons ARE fair.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't fancy Rory's chances. This is his first RC, by the time he gets in the flow it will be over.

Really....calling out a guy who isn't even on the team yet. Sort of like a pro football team saying...I bet we can score 40 points on your second team defense.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

I guess most coaches in most sports would advise against giving a competitor(s) some "bulletin board material" prior to a big match/competition. No doubt if Tiger plays the way he has been and Rory does the same Rory might beat Tiger 9/8. But I still think it a bad idea to give a competitor more motivation to beat you as some words can be pretty salty going badown and if Tiger plays just one match the way he is capable of it will be bad news for Rory. I am not a Tiger fan, but 14 majors and 71 wins do say a lot about a guy's ability and he isn't old yet.

Butch

I guess most coaches in most sports would advise against giving a competitor(s) some "bulletin board material" prior to a big match/competition. No doubt if Tiger plays the way he has been and Rory does the same Rory might beat Tiger 9/8. But I still think it a bad idea to give a competitor more motivation to beat you as some words can be pretty salty going badown and if Tiger plays just one match the way he is capable of it will be bad news for Rory. I am not a Tiger fan, but 14 majors and 71 wins do say a lot about a guy's ability and he isn't old yet.

Basically, don't poke the tiger with a stick just because he is sleeping........

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Nothing wrong with a little hype to get interests peaked for the Ryder Cup. I can see why some of these young guys would like to take on Tiger and grab some headlines and endorsement deals for themselves.

Joe Paradiso

Nothing wrong with a little hype to get interests peaked for the Ryder Cup. I can see why some of these young guys would like to take on Tiger and grab some headlines and endorsement deals for themselves.

Rory is already kind of a big deal. At least on the other side of the pond.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Rory is already kind of a big deal. At least on the other side of the pond.

Why do you think he's on the cover of Tiger Woods '11?

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

That's like playing with fire! If Tiger wins then Rory looks stupid but if Rory wins then hes the man! Tiger 14 majors - Rory 0, I think Tiger is still the winner no matter what happens at the Ryder Cup....

3 Wood-Dynacraft Avatar XMOI w/Apollo FW Shadow
2/3 Hybrid-Power Play 5000 w/True Ace Red Storm Hybrid
4-PW Power Play System Q2 w/S Apollo Spectre Lite Steel
50*/54*/58*-Acer XB Satin w/S Apollo Spectre Lite Steel
Putter-Nike BC101Ball-Top Flite Gamer V2

you think rory could beat a year 2000 tiger woods? what would ever give you that idea?

Because I watched the quail hollow, rory is streaky no doubt but when he gets going few strike the ball like him, when tiger was rorys age he also had two wins both of which were less prestigious than rorys. Tigers first major came at the uspga, if rory won at whistling he would have beaten woods by 24 hours, so I think rory is just as good if not better than tiger as a 21 year old. In 2000 compared to 2010 there are way more golfers who play to win only, younger and more talented imo. So if rory gets rid of those bad patches he is prone too I think he could win just as much. Rory at quail could take tiger from 2000, it would be a match for the ages, just imagine lol

I'm not a fan of trash talking in pro golf, in general. I like it better when the guys give thier little stock answers and let thier playing do the talking. Here's what I would've said - if I were Rory:

I hate bland safe answers like that. They have no place in any sport. Rory isnt trash talking he just said he'd like to play him.

"My greatest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my golf clubs for what I told her I paid for them."
What's in my SQ Tour Carry bag?:
Driver: R7 Quad 9.5*
3, 5 Wood: G5 clones
Irons: : AP1 (4-PW) Wedges: 52*, 56*, 62* Spin Milled Putter: White Hot 2 Ball BladeBalls: Shoes: My...

Because I watched the quail hollow, rory is streaky no doubt but when he gets going few strike the ball like him, when tiger was rorys age he also had two wins both of which were less prestigious than rorys. Tigers first major came at the uspga, if rory won at whistling he would have beaten woods by 24 hours, so I think rory is just as good if not better than tiger as a 21 year old. In 2000 compared to 2010 there are way more golfers who play to win only, younger and more talented imo. So if rory gets rid of those bad patches he is prone too I think he could win just as much. Rory at quail could take tiger from 2000, it would be a match for the ages, just imagine lol

who's playing just to win? the young cats are playing for a check. not that they don't care about winning, but they're worried about padding their savings accounts. back in '97 they didn't get paid anything close to what they are being paid now, including inflation. and no, tiger's first major win came at the masters of that year. and it wasn't just a win, it was a dismantling of the course the likes of which had never been seen, and have yet to be matched save by tiger himself. he also tallied 4 other wins in 97. sorry, but a 62 just means you had a really good wedge and putting day.

but you're not comparing rory to '97 tiger, you're comparing him to 2000 tiger, with the lowest pga stroke avg. ever. a tiger who won his first u.s. open by 15 strokes! nobody does that. do you realize how ridiculous that is? so essentially, it really didn't matter who was playing, cause tiger was playing in his own tournament. not trying to diss rory in any way. he's a phenominal golfer. but really, he's miles away from where tiger was at his age. also, tiger's scoring avg in 2000 is a full 3 shots per round lower than rory's this year. and at the same age, his scoring was a full stroke lower than rory's. again, not trying to diss rory, but you wanted to compare the two.

What did Rory have to lose?
Tiger has been dismal and if it continues, then Rory was right.
If Tiger plays in the Ryder Cup, finds his form and plays like he can the story will be about Tiger's comeback.

Off-topic, but I'd much rather see a Major's final day pairing of

Kaymer has One win, granted, it is the PGA (the bastard step-child of the majors)...

#1 Is in complete mental mess... #2 Is fighting a major joint illness #3 Is out w Injury #4 Not sure about this guy! So not trying to take anything away, well see about Martin???

Kaymer has One win, granted, it is the PGA (the bastard step-child of the majors)...

#1 - How do you recon? He just won the PGA, seemingly pretty calm.

#2 - I didn't know, got something to read on the subject? #3 - He is? #4 - Irrelevant.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Aha, well that explain things.

I don't agree on #1, he's just in a swing slump.
#2 and 3 are not performing like expected, but yeah, both got their issues at the moment.
#4, hasn't he been out with injury too this season? He started out well with a T10, 3rd and 1st, but then I think he had surgery or got injured. Struggled since, but did win the John Deere Classic, also a couple of other top 10s.

If it is a mental thing or just being golf I don't know, but moving up inside the top 5 at the OWGR is no easy feat.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Note: This thread is 4984 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!