IGNORED

Golf Galaxy!?

Note: This thread is 4955 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Went yesterday...they already shipped back all the good stuff. The rest of the 20-40% stuff off stuff is crap. Clothes that are STILL too expensive. If you need balls though, Nike One Tour/One Tour D's are only 23$ and Bridgestone E5, E6, E7's are all just $20.

Good to know, thanks Golfro.

in my bag
cheap 9.5 driver
hybrid
Altron irons
wedgescheap putter balls

Good to know, thanks Golfro.

yeah really sucks GG is closing down... I live close to Puetz and Pro Golf Discount up in north seattle...and i dont necessarily mind Puetz...but GG always has much better deals.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

yeah really sucks GG is closing down... I live close to Puetz and Pro Golf Discount up in north seattle...and i dont necessarily mind Puetz...but GG always has much better deals.

you were right...slim pickin's at GG, empty racks everywhere. Talked to one of the guys & he said they'll be open thru October and to check back in a couple weeks when they get more product in. They're also opening a Dick's across the street.

in my bag
cheap 9.5 driver
hybrid
Altron irons
wedgescheap putter balls

you were right...slim pickin's at GG, empty racks everywhere. Talked to one of the guys & he said they'll be open thru October and to check back in a couple weeks when they get more product in. They're also opening a Dick's across the street.

Yeah kinda figured. Heard they were closing down GG's and opening up Dick's awhile ago actually. That will be Dick's first entry in the PNW...ever since Joe's shut down around here, there hasn't reallyb een a good store other than Sports Authority which focuses much more on everything EXCEPT golf...

bt yeah, Mike told me to drop by sometime in the next week or two as they're getting in their last shipment but he also said don't hold my breath for anything good. Most things they're shipping back to other stores but who knows, maybe they'll drop prices down 60%.

the bad thing about dicks is they dont sell any players clubs whatsoever. Its all GI, no tour drivers, no players irons, no mizuno, titleist, wilson staff etc clubs. I think you can have them ordered but what good is that if you cant try them out there first

I went into a Dick's about a year ago. When I mentioned that I might eventually use X22 Tours, the rep said it would probably be a special order. Dick's stores have better golf gear than Sports Authority, but Dick's is no GG.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

one thing i didn't like about GG was that they only carried stiff shaft clubs. X stiff you have to special order... most shops around here carry X stiff in most of tour-style drivers.

I just moved back to Arizona from Buffalo, and there are plenty of golf shops-so losing GG won't be the huge blow it would have been in Buffalo. There's actually a Golfsmith right down the street from GG, and plenty of smaller golf shops with good selection. My experience in Buffalo was that Dick's was terrible as a golf store. Nice people there-but skimpy selection, non-competitive prices, tiny putting green, no simulator, etc.

I did stop in at GG today and picked up two boxes of TP Reds.

Yah, I am thinking of going and seeing if anything is left at the one I originally went to. Their clothes were all just 10% off the first go round, but I am hoping they are 20-30% off when I go back this weekend. If anyone is in the Austin, TX area have you been in that GG lately?

Driver: 909D2 9.5 Diamana Blue Stiff
Wood: 909F2 13 Degree Aldila Voodoo Stiff
Hybrid: 909H 17 Degree Diamana Blue Stiff
Irons: VR Forged Split Cavity 3-PW Project X 5.5
Putter: Newport 2.5Wedges: SV Tour 56 and 60Bag: Sasquatch 2010 Stand BagBall: Pro V1X

I just got the gut-wrenching email that the Renton, WA store is closing. Which sucks because its just down the hill from me and everyone there is super cool. Now I'll have to go to bloody SouthCenter to Puetz or Pro Golf discount.

I was just in there today, went in to pick up a mizuno SW, not knowing they were going out of business until I got the the front door. Once I got inside, it was slim pickins in there! Not a single mizuno club left in the house. They aren't taking any coupons or promotions any more, either. Those guys were super nice, and I'm bummed they are closing!

I had a main golf store close near my house as well. It was called golf discount, I guess the people they rent the building from wanted alot more for rent. They didnt want to pay that much but they have been there for 10 years so it looks like they were just trying to get rid of them in the shopping area. Sucks but o well. Got another golf store in town called Illini Golf, they are alot nicer there but the building is super super small.

The 2 stores in Arizona are also closing. I think that sucks. I have noticed though, they seemed to lose some of the better people in the store since Dick's took over. Well it's a good thing we still have a PGA Tour Superstore and Golfsmith in Arizona.

Didn't know that. Any idea on when they will close their Tucson store?

We recently had a smaller golf shop in the area close due to not having the money to keep shop open.. They held a fundraiser through donations and whatnot and are open again... They'll be closed again soon due to being right across the street from Dick's, which has a bigger club selection than they do, the same services, and cheaper products on the shelves. I've noticed Dick's has also started selling some used clubs, too.

Fran Johnson's in West Springfield?

In My Latitude Bag
R7 Limited Driver
X-Wood 3 wood & Big Bertha Hawkeye 5 wood
AP-2 3-PW
52*, 56*, 60* Studio Select Newport 2

I spoke with a worker at our store closing down last night, some stores are still receiving pallets of merchandise from the other stores. From what he told me, many of the stores were just shut down whereas certain stores who have better sales have been shipped the smaller stores merchandise and will be closing in two months.

Driver: 909D2 9.5 Diamana Blue Stiff
Wood: 909F2 13 Degree Aldila Voodoo Stiff
Hybrid: 909H 17 Degree Diamana Blue Stiff
Irons: VR Forged Split Cavity 3-PW Project X 5.5
Putter: Newport 2.5Wedges: SV Tour 56 and 60Bag: Sasquatch 2010 Stand BagBall: Pro V1X

I think some of it stems from golf galaxy being owned buy dicks sporting goods. I know the golf galaxy close to me has a dicks sporting goods in the plaza across the street. I'd imagine there is several areas where are this happens. If the golf galaxy doesn't do much work on clubs it's probably not worth paying two leases. Business is tough right now so if you can consolidate to save money you're going to do it.

The one here in Naples, Fl just had to close down and relocate. They aren't going out of business, they are just moving to somewhere else. The guy said that the rent for the building they were in was WAY too high.

Heck, I got 2 dozen mojo's for $18 out of it.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

I live in Chandler,AZ and the Golf Galaxy they are closing has a Ralph Maltby repair shop inside. That's too bad they know how to repair. And about the PGA Tour Superstore in Chandler, I don't know how much longer they will be open. Titleist took ALL their stuff out of the store because PGA Superstore owed them money and sold ProV1's below Titleist price. Can you imagine a PGA store not selling the number one ball in golf!! Go figure.
Rod

Didn't know that. Any idea on when they will close their Tucson store?

We were told the Chandler store would be closed in October. I do not know the timetable for the Tucson Store.

nike.gifTour
ping.gifG10 Driver 9*
ping.gifG10 3Wood 15.5*ping.gifG10 5Wood 18.5*ping.gifG10 Irons 4- PWping.gifTour Wedges 50*, 56*, 60*odyssey.gifPutter 33" Sabertoothbridgestone.gifBall E6

Note: This thread is 4955 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!