IGNORED

Tiger and Elin divorce

Tiger Spuds
Note: This thread is 4981 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, if you don't take the occasional divot with your 3W, you're not swinging it properly.

Agreed. Gotta thump it.

Current Gear Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12 - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

Agreed. Gotta thump it.

Off the tee? With the ball raised above the ground? Mayhap but the divot he took on the 1st in R3 looked more like a regular mid-to-shorter iron than a 3w. And it was off a tee, not off the deck.

I have taken big divots with a 3w, I can assure you, but I cannot remember any of those occasions being related to a good shot or good result.

• Administrator
Off the tee? With the ball raised above the ground?

Yes. And the ball isn't raised up. He tees it up almost like an iron - almost the same height as it would be if it were sitting on the grass.

He says it was his old swing coming back... but that's the part that made it go left, not the part that made the divot.
I have taken big divots with a 3w, I can assure you, but I cannot remember any of those occasions being related to a good shot or good result.

His divot wasn't big.

The average angle of attack with a 3 wood is -3 degrees on the PGA Tour. Too many amateurs try to sweep their woods. They'd do better, in general, if they swung them more like their irons.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I commend the honesty, man. Your situation is different in that you weren't married and didn't have kids (at least not that you mentioned).

just wanted to say I agree...he was consciously making an effort to deceive and lie to get what he wanted..for years. In fact, Elin said in the People interview he did this for the last 3 1/2 years...and I was thinking...UM, he was diong it much longer then that...I was hearing it went on before they were married too, and even far back as 2000 (granted he wasn't married, but referring to the nightclub, going out scene, hooking up with tons of girls, etc...)

I will say this, though...in ALL this hoopla with what Tiger did, who he was with, the text messages, etc.. isn't it strange not ONE single picture ever came out with Tiger and any of these girls...or let alone Tiger in any form of compromising picture at the clubs. Sure, a few pictures came out showing Tiger at a club and a girl was nearby...but I find it very strange that with all the "throwing people under the bus" that came from this whole scandal..not one picture or video was ever released. I mean if for the last 6 years + Tiger has been giogn to nightclubs, bars, etc.. and apparently hitting on woman...hell some of the mistresses came out and said "yea, we would be in public places having food like it was no big deal"...I'm sorry but if you are the #1 athlete in the world and you are at Dennys, or whever...and you are sitting with some chick at a booth, holding hands, etc... I am snapping a picture with my cellphone. There isn't one of these types of pictures anywhere?

I will say this, though...in ALL this hoopla with what Tiger did, who he was with, the text messages, etc.. isn't it strange not ONE single picture ever came out with Tiger and any of these girls...or let alone Tiger in any form of compromising picture at the clubs.

This should make you think hard about our mainstream press, the sports press in particular, and how effective they are at covering stories.

The problem is that the mainstream sports press will never investigate a story that might be embarrassing to a public figure, because they are concerned about losing access to that figure. If I start nosing around asking questions about Peyton Manning's personal life, he will no longer talk to me or answer my questions. Now I am not able to do my normal job very well, and other reporters end up with better material. So what happens is that NO ONE on the mainstream side does any kind of investigations - instead asking the same softball questions week after week. In fact the press actively ignores potentially embarrassing information and instead look the other way... This is why TMZ, National Enquirer, etc, always seem to break the embarrassing stories - because they don't care about access. They don't care about being the "friend" of the athlete they are trying to cover. We can debate whether Tiger's behavior years ago should have been obvious to the mainstream press, but had it not been for the car accident coupled with TMZ, we still would not know and Tiger would still be married.

HiBore 10.5 driver
GT-500 3- and 5-woods
Bazooka JMax 4 Iron Wood
Big Bertha 2008 irons (4 and 5 i-brids, 6i-9i,PW)
Tom Watson 56 SW Two-Ball putter

This should make you think hard about our mainstream press, the sports press in particular, and how effective they are at covering stories. The problem is that the mainstream sports press will never investigate a story that might be embarrassing to a public figure, because they are concerned about losing access to that figure....... So what happens is that NO ONE on the mainstream side does any kind of investigations

Or could it be because the "mainstream" press, with limited budgets, actually concentrates more on actual news stories such as wars, terrorism, economics, globalization, etc. and leaves the B.S. faux news about "who's sleeping with who" to the fluff businesses who masquerade as news but are really no more than a gossip shop?

Or could it be because the "mainstream" press, with limited budgets, actually concentrates more on actual news stories such as wars, terrorism, economics, globalization, etc. and leaves the B.S. faux news about "who's sleeping with who" to the fluff businesses who masquerade as news but are really no more than a gossip shop?

ha. you almost had me there...you're funny

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

So you preferred the "good old days," when reporters hung out with and partied with the people they were supposed to be covering. When the famous could count on reporters to "look the other way" as they spent time with their mistresses.

HiBore 10.5 driver
GT-500 3- and 5-woods
Bazooka JMax 4 Iron Wood
Big Bertha 2008 irons (4 and 5 i-brids, 6i-9i,PW)
Tom Watson 56 SW Two-Ball putter

I know I did. Ernie still owes me a drink for not writing about that thing with the Alsatian and the watermelon.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So you preferred the "good old days," when reporters hung out with and partied with the people they were supposed to be covering. When the famous could count on reporters to "look the other way" as they spent time with their mistresses.

Nope, I didn't say that. What I am saying is that I don't like this hyper-sensationalized fringe in the "press" such as TMZ, Enquirer, etc. creating "news" out of things that really isn't. I don't feel that something like Tiger's philandering deserved more than a 2 minute comment on the Golf Channel, and certainly wasn't deserved of nearly 24/7 in-your-face tabloid journalism we've been subjected to. I prefer the days when reporters actually sniffed out news and reported on it, and when that news had to do with actual issues or problems in the world and not what individuals, even if they enjoy celebrity status, are doing being closed doors. I guess if that is "the good old days", then I certainly would prefer that to the media circus we have now.

Nope, I didn't say that. What I am saying is that I don't like this hyper-sensationalized fringe in the "press" such as TMZ, Enquirer, etc. creating "news" out of things that really isn't. I don't feel that something like Tiger's philandering deserved more than a 2 minute comment on the Golf Channel, and certainly wasn't deserved of nearly 24/7 in-your-face tabloid journalism we've been subjected to. I prefer the days when reporters actually sniffed out news and reported on it, and when that news had to do with actual issues or problems in the world and not what individuals, even if they enjoy celebrity status, are doing being closed doors. I guess if that is "the good old days", then I certainly would prefer that to the media circus we have now.

You guys actually pay attention to the press? Where has any truth been written by a member of the press in the last 20-30 years? This is the age of sensationalism and disimformation. Reporters are not reporters now days....... its all about stirring up peoples emotions with bullshit.

wellll....maybe more then 2 minutes, I mean he literally led a complete double life...personal or not, his image was based on how he portrayed the "ideal" athelete and individual (husband, father, etc..), so there is some warranted press IMHO given the biggest chunk of his wealth is not from golf winnings, but from endorsements, and endorsements are all about image. I think if news came out about Phil Mickelson that was similar, the press would have reacted the same way (to a lesser extent, but would have still pounded the news about it), especially with what his wife has gone through.

I don't watch Tiger because he is a great father or husband...but how he leads his life on the course and off plays a role in the aura about him, which leads people to want to be like him, play golf like him, wear his stuff, buy his products, etc... A few reasons people still favor him as their favorite athlete or love to watch him are 1. We are human, we make moral and personal mistakes/decisions...move on, forgive him and watch him play golf 2. Golf isn't as excited without him, there is still this aura (whether its marketing driven or not) that when he plays you HAVE to watch. I personally fall into this group, I watch less golf on television/web when he is not playing...yet when he does, I want to see every shot, every camera angle, etc.. maybe I have been brainwashed like most of the lemmings :) 3. They don't care of his personal life, whatsoever, and care about the golf shots he makes. Whether he is a child molester, serial adulterer, etc.. doesn't matter, how he hits the golf ball is what they care about. I think most people fall into those 3 groups. Some take it to heart what he did and won't buy products associated with him, watch him, etc... though I think that is rediculous. I buy diapers from Huggies for my kids...I have a strong impression a large amount of people in high up positions tend to have affairs, so chances are the CEO of huggies is an adulterer, but won't him doing that doesn't stop me from buying the product.

well I picked up the new People magazine and read it because it has an interview with Elin. I guess its the only interview shes going to do and wanted to do only one. At first I kind of understood why Tiger was struggling to play golf and get back into the groove of it but after reading that interview I understand more. It was a pretty dark situation. Its completely understandable that his mind was nowhere into golf for awhile and thats why hes struggling. To the people who think Tiger wont be back all the way, That is completely false. He will be back winning like he always did for sure, its just a process.

Note: This thread is 4981 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!