IGNORED

The Barclays

Kieran123
Note: This thread is 4979 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tigers driver and irons are fantastic.

I went through his round shot by shot...interesting to note that his longest three drives were 289, 273 and 272...everything else was in the 250-260 range. Was he hitting a lot of 3 woods, or is he maybe backing off the driver a bit to get the ball in the fairway.....his average driving distance was 255, but also hit 13 of 14 fairways.

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you watching it? Or just shottracker? Are there any feeds of it?

I am watching shot tracker.

there is this thoough http://www.pgatour.com/liveat/r027/tour/player.html

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

I went through his round shot by shot...interesting to note that his longest three drives were 289, 273 and 272...everything else was in the 250-260 range. Was he hitting a lot of 3 woods, or is he maybe backing off the driver a bit to get the ball in the fairway.....his average driving distance was 255, but also hit 13 of 14 fairways.

Last hole, he drove it 306....I agree on his short distance average though....but his long irons were on fire....maybe his game plan?

I am watching shot tracker.

Well, he's finished anyway so it doesn't matter now. Tiger Woods -6, 255.5 driving distance, 92.86 % driving accuracy, 83.33% GIR! Those are ridiculous! He probably throttled back a little or hit more 3 woods because of that driving distance, but the fairways and GIR numbers are crazy!

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well, he's finished anyway so it doesn't matter now. Tiger Woods -6, 255.5 driving distance, 92.86 % driving accuracy, 83.33% GIR! Those are ridiculous! He probably throttled back a little or hit more 3 woods because of that driving distance, but the fairways and GIR numbers are crazy!

And average proximity to hole 23 feet, which is also pretty good

That's very good, specially since (I'm pretty sure) that stat includes missed greens.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Well, I guess this answers it

Q: Do you plan to hit as many 3s off the tee with the conditions? TIGER WOODS: It depends on the wind condition. For most of the day the wind was in the right direction to hit three wood off the tee. I could have hit driver a couple more times but I had to take it over corners. I didn't feel comfortable with it. Ball in hand it's more important to get the ball in play. Even if I have a 3 or 4-iron in the fairway I'd much rather have that an a 7-iron in the rough. It's wet and guys aren't getting it to the green. So I just felt that was a better way of playing the golf course today.

Anyone going? This is going to be my first PGA event I attend - I do kind of regret missing out on the Barclays last year and that Liberty Golf Course...

I was at Liberty National last year for the Barclays and we'll be there again this year for Sunday's round. Last year we watched th practice range for a while (highly recommend this) and then headed to the course around 1:00 and walked it backwards.

It worked out pretty well because we got to see the whole course and everyone in the field and then we made it back to 1/18 in time to settle in and watch the contending groups come home. Following Tiger is a wash. But like I mentioned, if you're walkin the course backward you get ahead of the crowd and can wait in a good vanage point for anyone you want to see. I should've mentioned last year we went on Saturday and they went off both sides of the course due to bad weather.. so perhaps walkin backwards wouldn't have worked out as well with everyone going off th front.

The bag:

Driver: Taylormade R7 Limited (10.5*)
3-wood: Taylormade R7 st (15*)
5-wood: Titleist 909 F2(18.5*)Irons: Taylormade RAC TP MB; Project-X 6.0 (3-PW)Wedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 52.08 Vokey Spin-Milled 58.12Putter: Odyssey White Hot Tour #1 (33")Ball: Titleist ProV1

Someone got laid last night...

The bag:

Driver: Taylormade R7 Limited (10.5*)
3-wood: Taylormade R7 st (15*)
5-wood: Titleist 909 F2(18.5*)Irons: Taylormade RAC TP MB; Project-X 6.0 (3-PW)Wedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 52.08 Vokey Spin-Milled 58.12Putter: Odyssey White Hot Tour #1 (33")Ball: Titleist ProV1

With all of the 3 woods tiger hit off the tee today with success, I am amazed that it took him this long to realize that hitting the 3 wood is a good gameplan? Yes, there are courses and holes where you MUST hit driver but with his driver being all over the place like it is, he should've been hitting 3woods off of the tee all season with resorting to 4i & 5i's from the fairway on his second shot.... Regardless, great round for him today.

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

With all of the 3 woods tiger hit off the tee today with success, I am amazed that it took him this long to realize that hitting the 3 wood is a good gameplan? Yes, there are courses and holes where you MUST hit driver but with his driver being all over the place like it is, he should've been hitting 3woods off of the tee all season with resorting to 4i & 5i's from the fairway on his second shot.... Regardless, great round for him today.

is it on t.v.? i can't find it.

I do some divorces. Only once do I remember a client shedding a tear leaving the judge's office after finalization. Most often, they leave with a lighter step and a feeling that a load is off their shoulders.

Thursday's leader is rarely on the leaderboard come Sunday, so it's jumping to conclusions to say that Tiger is back. But maybe he is.

Carry Bag, experimental mix-- 9* Integra 320, TT X100 Gold shaft
MacGregor Tourney 2-iron circa 1979

High grass club: #5 Ginty
Irons: 3,4,8,9 Cleveland 588P RTG Proforce 95 Gold shafts
Hogan fifty-three Hogan 5612

Ping Kushin

It's on ESPN3 now.

I don't understand who is covering what on the internets. I assume if it's on the Golf Channel, ESPN doesn't carry it, but ESPN3 does. I guess the ESPN coverage is different from that of the Golf Channel.

I guess just check ESPN3 regardless.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Did Tiger change his swing slightly? I just watched the highlights of his round and something looks differant, clubface seems to be more shut/square, maybe foley told his to use a stronger grip?

I got out of class around 1 p.m. today and boy was I surprised when I saw the leaderboard. It's pretty exciting to see Tiger's name at the top again :) at least for Tiger fans it is.

I got out of class around 1 p.m. today and boy was I surprised when I saw the leaderboard. It's pretty exciting to see Tiger's name at the top again :) at least for Tiger fans it is.

yeah i came into work late today and my coworker ran over as soon as I walked in and was like "YOU SEE TIGER TODAY?!" i was like... huh? Completely forgot today was Thursday too. Pleasant surprise to say the least. Let's just hope he keeps it up.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

is it on t.v.? i can't find it.

You can get a live stream off of the PGA Tour site.

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

Note: This thread is 4979 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!