IGNORED

The Barclays

Kieran123
Note: This thread is 4983 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was looking for some comments from Phil until I heard he (understandably) didn't want to the media. Phil has stormed off the course w/o talking to the media more times than I remember this year. He's usually the best at talking after a disappointing day on the course.

Or he could of pushed/sliced it way right and had a terrible shot at the green. He was playing within himself....it was the right play, it was his second shot that screwed him up, not the first.

yea, but I dont even think that hole was 320, it was very short for a par 4 and everyone was going for it. It was reachable with his 3 wood no doubt. I was thinking he should of hit his 3 wood. His playing partners all went for it and though they didnt hit the green, they all got birdie, but honestly I think the boo's played with his mind a bit and made him doubt his game plan and screwed up his second shot

Bogey on a 291 yard par 4, such a waste.

Man, on a 291 yard par-4 without a big gap in the middle, I feel as though I lost a shot when I bogey it. I can only imagine how Tiger feels.

I was looking for some comments from Phil until I heard he (understandably) didn't want to the media. Phil has stormed off the course w/o talking to the media more times than I remember this year. He's usually the best at talking after a disappointing day on the course.

And yet, Tiger spoke to the media after Bridgestone. What's with it?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Man, on a 291 yard par-4 without a big gap in the middle, I feel as though I lost a shot when I bogey it. I can only imagine how Tiger feels.

yea a 290 yard par 4 and he lays up. The past two days he has been striping his 3 wood about 290 in the middle of the fairway, nearly 100% fairways hit in 36 holes and he lays up with an iron. Not the right play to me.

yea a 290 yard par 4 and he lays up. The past two days he has been striping his 3 wood about 290 in the middle of the fairway, nearly 100% fairways hit in 36 holes and he lays up with an iron. Not the right play to me.

yeah but the hole was uphill and the green was surrounded by rough and bunkers so i dont think he could have reached with a controlled 3-wood (what he's been hitting all the time) as he'd have had to land it on the green, i still think he should have gone for it but with the way he played the hole he still gave himself a very makeable birdie putt, he just 3 whacked it

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

And yet, Tiger spoke to the media after Bridgestone. What's with it?

Hahaha nice point man.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

yeah but the hole was uphill and the green was surrounded by rough and bunkers so i dont think he could have reached with a controlled 3-wood (what he's been hitting all the time) as he'd have had to land it on the green, i still think he should have gone for it but with the way he played the hole he still gave himself a very makeable birdie putt, he just 3 whacked it

Source: Interview with Tiger Q. Talk about 5. A lot of guys trying to go right for the green. You laid up on that and bogeyed on that hole. Talk about that one. TIGER WOODS: It was a tough tee shot for me. I had to take something off and hit it in the air. Not an easy thing to do with a driver. Pin was back. Normal drive. But with the pin off, I had to take something off of it and cut it. I didn't feel comfortable doing it. I laid up and trusted my wedge game and fortunately I 3-putted.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Source: Interview with Tiger I laid up and trusted my wedge game and fortunately I 3-putted.

I'm "fortunate" that way too a lot of the time.

Casey, Donald and Rose keeping it pretty tight right now in their jostle for the Captains Pick.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Double post.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

haa talk about entertaining, rory's card today par, birdie, birdie, par, eagle, bogey, par, par, par, bogey, bogey, birdie, double, par, par, par, par, par

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW

Looks like you can stick a fork in Woods for this tournament. Just snap-hooked his tee shot at #1 so far left that he had to take a penalty and hit another tee shot. He made triple bogey to fall back to -1 for the tournament. He might not even make it into the next tournament of the FedEx Cup if he keeps this kind of poor play going. At the moment he is projected to be 102nd in the standings, which would knock him out of the playoffs.

Holy crap!!! What a shot by Rickie Fowler.

Haven't been following the tournament much but the driving distances seem to be way down. Also, surprised how Rickie was the only one whose reached the green in 2 on 17.

« Keith »

oh my days, what a horrible shot tiger woods

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW

Note: This thread is 4983 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!