IGNORED

Super ugly swing, crushes the ball

MJP
Note: This thread is 4952 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Almost everything about this swing seems ugly. But damn he rips it. I'm having a hard time doubting 140 club head speed. He seems to have a ball speed of 190+ most of the time.

Almost everything about this swing seems ugly. But damn he rips it. I'm having a hard time doubting 140 club head speed.

After researching more about this guy, he's kind of training to be come a long drive champion.

UGLY SWING nonetheless.

that driver looks like its ~ 48-50" or so to me which would make for much higher clubhead speed. anywho.. i wonder how well he putts and chips because that is a lot more important than crushing a driver. man his grip is just..

Putter first 
:titleist: newport 2 oil can
:titleist: 58* SM4
:titleist: 54* SM4
:titleist: 50* SM4
:titleist: 4-pw AP2 project X 6.0
:ping: i20 9.5 TFC Stiff

everything about it is ugly. except the sound at impact. I'm sure the ball flight isn't very consistent, but who knows maybe it is.

I would imagine it would be nearly impossible to consistently hit it very far. He can likely crush a few out there, no doubt, but regularly? Ah... His swings are shown one at a time. Have you seen any world long drive champions that have a swing like this? Watch them, they're more or less on plane, they have very good swings generally, not a huge amount of movement, swaying, etc.

That right hand grip is beyond strong.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Maximum extension to maximum extension with flexed elbows to add more levers. Very Jason Zuback.

Note the hip turn is around 70 degrees, too. No "Resist with the lower body" here. Form follows function. It's not ugly in that light.
I would imagine it would be nearly impossible to consistently hit it very far. He can likely crush a few out there, no doubt, but regularly? Ah... His swings are shown one at a time. Have you seen any world long drive champions that have a swing like this? Watch them, they're more or less on plane, they have very good swings generally, not a huge amount of movement, swaying, etc.

What? Dude, seriously?

His swing - from what I can tell - is pretty good for doing what he wants it to do - hit the ball on the clubface and HARD. I don't doubt for one second he can hit it 350 yards consistently. It's what he's training to do, and 350 would be a lousy swing for him with bad contact. He extends back, he folds his arms for another set of levers, and he sways back. EVERY long drive guy gets "behind the ball" because they're trying to maximize compression - they WANT to hit the ball with several degrees of upswing and their drivers are typically only five degrees or so as well. They take as little loft as they need to get the right amount of backspin so they can maximize compression. I have NO DOUBT the kid "consistently hits it very far." Are you on crack SAM? Or was this just a reflex? This isn't a 25 handicapper (he may be) claiming to hit it 300 - it's a guy training to be a long driver.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Wow. Thats guy doesn't even look strong, he's more chubby looking. The speed he creates is ridiculous.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Wow...thats a serious rip...haha. Its like a bubba watson swing in miniature..
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

He extends back, he folds his arms for another set of levers, and he sways back. EVERY long drive guy gets "behind the ball" because they're trying to maximize compression - they WANT to hit the ball with several degrees of upswing and their drivers are typically only five degrees or so as well. They take as little loft as they need to get the right amount of backspin so they can maximize compression.

I don't know about it man, I really don't know. I'm not saying he definitively can't, I'm saying I think he could really improve it. The sway is just

huge . The ability to time that would be pretty amazing. He sways back like a foot or more. Add that to the steep plane and I would imagine he's got a lot of bad contact in there. I think if he were to eliminate a lot of that sway, and flatten the angle a bit, he'd get a better result. Zuback himself talks about that here: And then look at the sway... Do you think that's really possible to sway that much and get good contact?

Wow. Thats guy doesn't even look strong, he's more chubby looking. The speed he creates is ridiculous.

Are you kidding? He's built like a powerlifter! Not that long drivers should ideally be built like powerlifters - they'd benefit frtom more flexibility and longer levers - but powerlifters tend to look a lot like this guy. Compact, thickly built, really big lats and quads, and a good layer of fat covering it all up, since cutting calories and maximizing muscle development are in opposition to each other.

-Andrew

Do you think that's really possible to sway that much and get good contact?

With a driver- yes.

Are you kidding? He's built like a powerlifter! Not that long drivers should ideally be built like powerlifters - they'd benefit frtom more flexibility and longer levers - but powerlifters tend to look a lot like this guy. Compact, thickly built, really big lats and quads, and a good layer of fat covering it all up, since cutting calories and maximizing muscle development are in opposition to each other.

My mistake then, I don't know anything about powerlifters.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• Administrator
I don't know about it man, I really don't know.

I do. He sways back, then pretty much stays there. He gets 150 degrees of shoulder turn, too... If he started "swayed back" and stayed there you wouldn't say what you're saying. His head doesn't move much from the top of his backswing to impact.

Plus, Long Drive guys only need to get 1 out of 4 balls in a grid 50 yards wide.
Do you think that's really possible to sway that much and get good contact?

Yep, I'm positive. This is what the guy DOES. Again, it's not a 20-handicapper claiming he can fly the ball 300. Chill. I have no reason to doubt he can do it, and I don't think you do either.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I thought his swing looks pretty good too. In the first video (from behind him DTL) if you pause it throughout his swing he does a pretty good job of staying on plane. Heck at the very top of his backswing the club is pointing almost directly at the ball! About the only thing I saw that stood out was his crazy strong grip, but he probably does that so he can get as much lag in his swing as possible.

Nike Vapor Speed driver 12* stock regular shaft
Nike Machspeed 4W 17*, 7W 21* stock stiff shafts
Ping i10 irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, LW AWT stiff flex
Titleist SC Kombi 35"; Srixon Z Star XV tour yellow

Clicgear 3.0; Sun Mountain Four 5

Holy crap....I wonder what gear he uses?....that is some swing speed.....my spine would disintegrate if I tried that.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

If I saw a guy taking swings like that the range, I'd be ducking behind trash cans or whatever I could find, lol. He must have some incredible natural abilities (ie - stuff you can't train for or learn). I don't know all that much about golf swings but one thing I can definitely see is his ridiculous rotation and extension. The comparison to Bubba Watson, while seemingly absurd at first, is actually pretty apparent after watching the videos few times - and especially once you realize this guy is less than 4ft tall. Still, though, I bet the home-owners insurance goes up around any course to which he becomes a member.

Oh man - that first video is incredible. Like an explosion.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Note: This thread is 4952 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!