IGNORED

European Ryder Cup team

bogie
Note: This thread is 4984 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell that to Paul Casey

If he didn't know before (which he did - he talked about it coming off the PGA), I think he is well and truly aware now. And what it actually means.

I think Harrington got the pick because of the players who had qualified Lee Westwood had 6 caps and the rest of the team had combined had 6! Experience is very important for the atmosphere that is at a Ryder Cup

S9.1 Pro-S
3 & 5 Wood
23deg Rescue
AP2 4-PW Project-X 6.0
Tour-W Gap & Lob WedgeWhite Hot 2-BallFT Org.14 Bag2.0

How doesn't Paul Casey make this team? I never did understand Monte. If was supporting the EU i would not be happy with it.

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

Monte had 5 world class players and only 3 picks! If he had picked Casey and Rose people would question how can he leave out ???? It was something he couldn't get right or looking at it a different way, something he couldn't wrong! IMO

S9.1 Pro-S
3 & 5 Wood
23deg Rescue
AP2 4-PW Project-X 6.0
Tour-W Gap & Lob WedgeWhite Hot 2-BallFT Org.14 Bag2.0

How doesn't Paul Casey make this team? I never did understand Monte. If was supporting the EU i would not be happy with it.

While the debate will continue for a while, there is a lot of logic to the Captain's Picks. Monty actually selected the next three not otherwise qualified from the Ryder Cup qualification World List - E Molinari, L Donald and P Harrington, in that order. Rose is 8 (and will be selected if Westwood's injury doesn't clear up in time); Casey is 9.

I do support Europe and am very happy at the embarrassment of riches we have this time around!

While the debate will continue for a while, there is a lot of logic to the Captain's Picks. Monty actually selected the next three not otherwise qualified from the Ryder Cup qualification World List - E Molinari, L Donald and P Harrington, in that order. Rose is 8 (and will be selected if Westwood's injury doesn't clear up in time); Casey is 9.

I would say....

potential of riches. There are some unknowns as far as Ryder Cup pressure goes. Great looking team though. I'll bet they will have alot of fun playing together, especially with Darren as a vice captain egging them all on for a few brews at night. The american team looks too vanilla for my liking.

I would say....

Potential v embarrassment:

We don't know how the team will play until it plays, agreed, but we can say that every member of the European side has won at least once this year - with the sole exception of Harrington. The wins have been in reasonably good tournaments, as well, rather than the equivalent of the Fall Series. I don't know how the 2010 course will play in October but it is looking pretty good right now. A lot of water about and it remains to be seen how the greens will play - but I would be surprised if they were as receptive as PGA Tour greens. If they are (for want of a better phrase) 'European style' then they could be anything! I would expect Monty to ask for them to be set up to give Europe the best possible chance. As Europeans play different types of courses, week in, week out, that coould mean pretty much anything! Have a look at Crans-sur-Sierre for the latest variation. It's hosting the Omega European Masters this week. Absolutely stunning scenery - it's in the Swiss Alps. Matteo Manassero, the young Italian, has just shot a 64 - 7 under.

Note: This thread is 4984 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!