IGNORED

Yet another AWESOME Bubba video

GolfBear
Note: This thread is 4905 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I saw an episode recently of playing with the pros with Bubba watson. It was like Bubba didnt give him much instruction really but then again Bubba hasnt ever had any lessons. Bubba was pretty much just playing and saying like, yea just hit it,lol

then other times when they would ask him how he hits it so far he would say like " its because of my long arc and Im 6"2", you wont be able to hit it as far because your not as tall and skinny" lol. Kinda true but he didnt help him at all

As long as you're watching him on one of these videos.

How many rounds have you played with him???? You are manking un-informed judgements about a guy, on ZERO evidence! I am proud to say I know the guy, and have played quite a few rounds with him both recreationally and competitivly.

I saw an episode recently of playing with the pros with Bubba watson. It was like Bubba didnt give him much instruction really but then again Bubba hasnt ever had any lessons. Bubba was pretty much just playing and saying like, yea just hit it,lol

Ya, he was playing with Johnny Damon. Pretty funny stuff. He and Anthony Kim actually have very similar schools of thought when it comes to the golf swing: just do what feels natural, and grip it and rip it.

How many rounds have you played with him???? You are manking un-informed judgements about a guy, on ZERO evidence! I am proud to say I know the guy, and have played quite a few rounds with him both recreationally and competitivly.

His treatment of Steve Elkington was a disgrace. (And i'm not Elkington's biggest fan.)

I have watched him on TV a lot. He's a pouting whinger. There's always someoone or something to blame. Be as "proud" as you like. Just as proud as he was to think that playing golf in the Ryder Cup was the same as putting your life on the line as a soldier when Borey Pavin pulled that tasteless act on his team in Wales. These AWESOME vidoes are just gobbled up by people who get excited at the idea that a famous golfer is a "regular guy" playing pranks and fooling around, for some reason. But good on him for showing that side of his personality.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

That's utter bullshit. I like Elk, but he was deliberately trying to get on Bubba's nerves that day and, frankly, a few far choicer words could have been said.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

His treatment of Steve Elkington was a disgrace. (And i'm not Elkington's biggest fan.)

First off, that whole Elk thing is way out out of context....that was something said to his caddy that was picked up by a mic. I'm sure you would like to be mic'ed for a round and have someone pick out what to air,considering you are one of the more "positive" posters on the forum.

Secondly, Bubba is 100% crystal clear on the sacrafices of a solider, marine, sailor, airman and their families. His father, that recently passed, was a freakin Green Beret. Bubba does as much for the military and its soldiers as anyone on tour. He knows exactly what these men an women put on the line. I dont know why you insist on being such a negative poster, I would expect much more from a forum "leader"....

What's that old saying about the pot and the kettle?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Elk was walking and rattling his clubs in Bubba's back swing on numerous occasion and he said said something off color to his caddie..specefically about Elk and tour veterans....it was picked up by the TV coverage mics and portrayed as though Bubba yelled it at Elk, which was far from the case.

So just a case of media sensationalizing something...big suprise!

• 2 weeks later...
I like Bubba, he's an extremely nice guy. I've met him a few times in Lexington NC near High Rock lake, he seems to spend a lot of time there when his schedule clears. He's always very nice to fans, he signs autographs, has his picture taken with him..etc. I have not had the opportunity to play a round of golf with him, and maybe thats a good thing with my handicap! Sometimes during TV interviews he comes off like a huge •••••••, during Firestone he did, and during the Ryder Cup he came off like that too at times. I think it may be nerves, and that he is a very direct person. He's always bouncing around and speaking faster than his brain can keep up it seems. That's just the way he is though, if you met him in person you'd understand that he isn't really an •••••••, he just has wayyyyyyy too much energy.

Driver - VR str8 fit
3 wood - Burner 09
3 hybrid - Burner hybrid
Irons - VR split cavity S300 shaft
SW - CG15 56 degreeLW - VR forged 60 degreePutter - Studio select

I like Bubba, he's an extremely nice guy. I've met him a few times in Lexington NC near High Rock lake, he seems to spend a lot of time there when his schedule clears. He's always very nice to fans, he signs autographs, has his picture taken with him..etc. I have not had the opportunity to play a round of golf with him, and maybe thats a good thing with my handicap! Sometimes during TV interviews he comes off like a huge •••••••, during Firestone he did, and during the Ryder Cup he came off like that too at times. I think it may be nerves, and that he is a very direct person. He's always bouncing around and speaking faster than his brain can keep up it seems. That's just the way he is though, if you met him in person you'd understand that he isn't really an •••••••, he just has wayyyyyyy too much energy.

i have to agree with this, thats kind of what I see with him. Ive heard he has ADHD or ADD tho so it kinda makes sense, lol.

Thanks for the post - Ricky Fowler is 5'9" and 150 according to pgatour.com

I'm guessing Bubba's wife (while fit and trim) looked way taller due to the camera angle. Otherwise, she would have to be about 6'3" and go for 227lbs.

Titleist 910D2 10.5* Stiff / Taylormade 3 Wood - Superfast 2.0 15*  3 Superfast 2.0 Rescue 18* Stiff Shafts

Thanks for the post - Ricky Fowler is 5'9" and 150 according to pgatour.com

Angie Watson, the wife of Bubba Watson, is 6'4" and played college and pro basketball. That's why she makes Rickie look like a dwarf and is nose to nose with Watson.

« Keith »

Note: This thread is 4905 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!