IGNORED

Describe Yourself

iacas
Note: This thread is 4964 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm smart, analytical, and obsessive. My degrees were in math and computer science, I write computer scripts for fun, and I have lost countless hours of sleep trying to beat stupid little games on my computing devices. I seek understanding first, application second, and trivia a distant third. My Myres-Briggs personality type is INTP with some leanings toward INTJ sometimes. Both personas describe me well.

I care only about objective truth. I trust personal experiences skeptically and usually only give them strong heed when presented with multiple similar experiences and in detail. I care about facts fundamental to the universe, and, if the situation doesn't involve those, statistics. I don't care about people's personal preferences, unfortunately to a fault. I know how to avoid offending people, though, and I try to avoid offending people because a) I truly do not enjoy offending people, and b) I think un-objective arguments are generally boring/pointless.

I love analytical debate, but I dislike arguments. I respect everyone's right to have irrational preferences (everyone's brain is wired differently), but I don't respect forcing those preferences on other people or confusing them with actual facts. I rarely challenge someone on a basic transgression of logic (again, I limit confrontation and arguments because usually they're a waste of time) but I like to be involved in topical debates.

I don't feel the need to express myself (I'm something like 95% introvert). I read probably 10 to 15 times more than I post on this forum. And, naturally, I don't feel the need for social groups, but I know how to carry conversation in real life and I do enjoy keeping a few close acquaintances/friends (see next two paragraphs). Oddly, though, I don't require that the feeling of acquaintance/friend be mutually directed back toward me.

I'm very regular in my routines and form habits very quickly. To an observer, my daily life is probably kind of boring. I like it, though.

I have a terrible, terrible memory and I don't naturally notice personal details of more than a handful people in any social situation. Combined, they make it hard for me to remember people and learn their personalities. For example, I generally don't notice the author of a post and when I do I usually only recognize them by their avatar. If you change your avatar I will very likely not know who you are. Without making myself flash cards, I could post here for years and not learn the personas of more than 10 people.

I generally find those who demonstrate themselves to be experts/leaders in a social group and I value what they say a lot. Logic always dictates who is right, but when it comes to personal experiences or issues of trusting authorities, I have a definite hierarchy.

I'm a perfectionist, although I've forced myself to scale back in that area in order to keep my sanity. While I'm not pessimistic I do think the most efficient (and most natural, for me) way to evaluate things is to view them as a sum of their flaws. My goals are usually to eliminate the flaws from anything I'm involved in. Unfortunately, this doesn't always work as well as I wished it did, I've found myself in situations where I feel that something has no significant flaws, yet it is still far from ideal. However, this does work in most areas, and has helped me in golf.

I tend to be very expressionless and have to remind myself not to always have a deadpan face. Expressing my thoughts through my face, other than scrunching it up when thinking, isn't always natural for me.

I'm borderline tone deaf and can't hear harmony. In related news, I have no definition of the word "beautiful", just notions of "nice", "pleasant", "smooth", "cute", etc. My best guess is that "beautiful" is commonly used as a combination of many of these definitions, but I still don't really get it. (Idiot that I am, I've tried explaining this to my wife... )

People here who I think are similar to me: iacas and majorchamp. Minus my negative personality quirks, I think we match up a lot on what they've written above.

Regarding golf, I started a couple years ago by taking it as a class in college. I didn't really understand the concepts behind most of the swing training but I picked up enough to shoot about 120 and play an honest game from start to finish. This year (2010) I finally started to study the swing and improve beyond just casual hacking. My attention to detail makes itself evident in golf as well, where my areas of strength are putting and chipping.

Unfortunately, my eye-hand coordination isn't great and the only sport I have any decent training in is basketball, so I'm far from a natural at golf. Being my analytical self, I tend to overthink my swing. Still, I'm obsessed with it and even though I suck (at least for now), it's my favorite sport and one of my two or three favorite hobbies.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

I'm a normal guy. 6'2" 205lbs. Nothing special!

Enjoy MMA and other sports. Own a forum for MMA talk (mmafans.net)!

College student studying Management Information Systems (MIS)...

If you were wondering, my username refers to AP! The great Arnold Palmer!

Driver: currently: POS future: 10* Diablo Edge
Hybrid: 24* #4 Diablo Hybrid Steel
Irons 3-PW: X14 series
Putter: White Hot XG Marxman Mini Putter

Wow! I never thought people here would take this thread so seriously, i'm very impressed!

About me.

I'm 24, coming up on my quarter life crisis and I recently became addicted to Golf. I live with my girlfriend of a year and a half who got me into this game and not regrets ever putting a golf club in my hand because I will never stop talking about the sport.

I'm a loud mouth with foul language, brutally honest, genuine, big hearted, sarcastic, witty, intelligent, analytical, active, mysterious, teddy bear.

I'm a firm believer that all people will be exposed to corruption at one point in there life. I feel that the younger they are exposed to it (13 bare minimum) the better because it will give them at least 5 years to either become tired of the corruption and better themselves, or they will become apart of the corrupt society and entertain me with there idiotic tendencies that constantly put them in the spot light for not-so-great situations.

I'm honest with the people that matter most to me in my life. I have a huge social circle which I have shied away from in the past 3 years due to growing up and having to fend for my own after having both my parents pass away when I was at the ripe age of 21/22. I have learned that putting myself before others has been my guideline for survival as I slipped up once and was drained dry by people I thought I could trust living with me, but instead mooched off me because I was the only person who could hold a "real job". I cherish my close friendships more than anything in the world as these people are the ones who stuck by my side as I cried myself to sleep, lied about being ok, and all other bullshit issues. It was them that told me that everything was going to be ok and to keep my chin up.

I'm intelligent even though I dropped out of HS and never went to college for more than 3 months at a time. I am self taught in graphic and web design, 3D rendering, Marketing/Sales and Management. I have an urge to always feed my brain with new information and am always learning. I over analyze things in my life to make them better, everything from my daily routine, to my golf swing. I played 2 sports when I was younger, soccer (14 years) and bowling (4 years). I was invited to go on the PBA tour at the age of 18 but turned it down because I wanted to spend more time in front of my computer coding than spending time in dingy bowling alley's.

I'm a professionally trained ballroom dancer and am certified to teach 14 dances (and variations of each dance). I gave up teaching because it didn't challenge me mentally enough as it did physically. Because I gave up dancing for a desk job, I became a giant teddy bear instead of a little stick figure.

All in all, I cherish every relationship I have with every person I know. I work hard and play harder. I kiss but don't tell. (unless i'm drunk). I'm independent but still have my faults and skeletons in the closet that I have yet to dust off and get rid of which I need to do.

In The Bag:
Bag -
Driver [9.5*] -
Fairway Woods [3,5] -
Irons [4-9, PW, SW] - Wedges [52*, 60*] - Putter -

Note: This thread is 4964 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!