IGNORED

Tennis Elbow

Dragonsrock
Note: This thread is 4970 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Anyone had surgery for Tennis Elbow and if so, how long before you were back playing again. In addition was surgery a success?

OK, curious about your "tennis elbow". Commonly here in the states there is no surgery for this. I had it acutely about a year ago from overuse / bad technique playing tennis. I wore a brace, and then it finally got so bad I went to my physician with it.

I was expecting a shot or at least medicine for it, and he suggested: -stop playing -keep playing sounds weird, but he said there was no clinical evidence that suggested stopping would make it any better, that it would eventually get better. He was right. You must have something deeper than tennis elbow.

--
Driver: R7 460 9.5 Stiff Shaft
Fairway Woods: Steelhead 3 and 5 Stiff Shaft
Irons: :: R7 CGB Stiff Shaft Steel
Wedges: Vokey 56 / 52 Stiff ShaftPutter: Oddysey White HotBag: R7 Stand bagRangeFinder: (Nikon) LR550Ball Prefer Pro-V1, but usually play what you just lostâ¦..

Well its the same tendon as tennis elbow, but I ahd an MRI and there is a 1/4" tear in the tendon, its just not healing at all, its been well over 18 months and now I cant actually get a full nights sleep or drive a car even. Apparently what they do is make an incision, cut the damaged part of the tendon away and drill hole sin the bone so the tendon can reattached, stich the tendon back in place and leave it to heal...really looking forward to it...3 months with no golf :( Anyway, I am booked in, so hopefully it will be ok.

Well its the same tendon as tennis elbow, but I ahd an MRI and there is a 1/4" tear in the tendon, its just not healing at all, its been well over 18 months and now I cant actually get a full nights sleep or drive a car even. Apparently what they do is make an incision, cut the damaged part of the tendon away and drill hole sin the bone so the tendon can reattached, stich the tendon back in place and leave it to heal...really looking forward to it...3 months with no golf :( Anyway, I am booked in, so hopefully it will be ok.

Yikes. Sorry to hear that. Best of luck to you.

--
Driver: R7 460 9.5 Stiff Shaft
Fairway Woods: Steelhead 3 and 5 Stiff Shaft
Irons: :: R7 CGB Stiff Shaft Steel
Wedges: Vokey 56 / 52 Stiff ShaftPutter: Oddysey White HotBag: R7 Stand bagRangeFinder: (Nikon) LR550Ball Prefer Pro-V1, but usually play what you just lostâ¦..

Is it the same one you'd have Tommy John's surgury for? My golf buddy had that and it was a long recovery, maybe a year. From your description, I would imagine it is going to take time. Best of luck and a speedy/full recovery.

Brian

OK, curious about your "tennis elbow". Commonly here in the states there is no surgery for this. I had it acutely about a year ago from overuse / bad technique playing tennis. I wore a brace, and then it finally got so bad I went to my physician with it.

We do several surgeries a year for folks with chronic/refractory tennis elbow (lateral epicondylitis) that is unresponsive to conservative care (physical therapy, NSAID's, cortisone injections, friction massage, etc). While

telrod is correct in that most folks will get better with time and rest, some people do require surgical debridement of unhealthy/decayed tendon fibers as a result of prolonged inflammation. The recovery is fairly quick and almost always gives complete relief of symptoms. Good luck!

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4970 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!