IGNORED

balls ... whatever .....

Note: This thread is 4175 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think thre is no diffrence between a nike ball /pro v1

To he honest, when I was just getting started there wasn't much difference between a "Pro Shop" and Tour ball. Either one seemed to be equally suited to dunking in the river or peeling out of bounds.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

i think thre is no diffrence between a nike ball /pro v1

There are some Nikes that cost as much as ProV1s.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've only ever really played one ball, the Callaway Warbirds (2008 models I think), mostly because Sports Authority has them on sale once in a while for $20/2 dozen. I recently bought some Noodle Tour LTD's that were on sale for something like $10/dozen.

I just started playing in September, so for the time being, a ball is just a ball. I haven't played the Noodles yet, just the Callaways. But I am still new enough to the game and still learning, so I have no idea what is a good ball and what is a bad ball!

But I am improving, my short game is getting better, 3 and 4 putts are happening less frequently, and my scores are coming down..... all while playing the same ball. Drives are getting longer, fairway shots are more... well, I'm hitting them now anyhow! The short game is what I have spent the most time on at the practice facility. So for me, I can't really say it's the ball.

So as long as the Callaways are reasonably priced, I'll keep gaming them. The next time I need to buy balls I'm going to try www.golfballsdirect.com . A dozen AAAAA grade Warbirds are $7.

When I get a little better then I will probably start experimenting with different balls.

We will learn a lot from him just because he's being cost efficient and making a smart decision?
I don't see how that will affect anyone but high handicappers who, just being introduced to the game, think that a Pro V1 will benefit their game when in fact it'll be of no help. His decision, although smart, does not affect my game in any way nor have I learned anything about what ball benefits my game.

Pro V1s would actually hurt high handicappers because of the spin. Most high handicappers have swing path issues (almost always OTT) which result in slice spin. A high spin ball like the Pro V1 would accentuate their slices causing shots to veer much further offline than they would with lower priced, lower spin balls. Plus, most higher handicappers do not correctly hit down on the ball to take advantage of the spin anyway.

I think any one over a 15 (or so) index who buys Pro V1s are not only wasing their money, but they are actually hurting their game. But this is exactly what Titlest wants. They want novice players to fall into their trap thinking Pro V1s would be the best for their game so they spend $45 on them, and since the extra sidespin causes them to dump balls into hazards even more often, it makes them have to buy their balls more often, making them even more money.
Driver: taylormade.gif R9 Superdeep TP 8.5* - Aldila RIP 70x | 3-Wood: taylormade.gif R9 TP 15* - Diamana Blueboard 83x | Hybrid: taylormade.gif Rescue TP 19* - Motore F3 95x | Irons: taylormade.gif RAC TP MB 3-PW - Dynamic Gold x100 | Wedges: taylormade.gif TP xFT 54.12* and 60.10* - Dynamic Gold s400 | Putter:  ping.gif Karsten Anser - 33"

I've only ever really played one ball, the Callaway Warbirds (2008 models I think), mostly because Sports Authority has them on sale once in a while for $20/2 dozen. I recently bought some Noodle Tour LTD's that were on sale for something like $10/dozen.

Excuse me while I puke.

Warbirds aren't even worth those $10/dozen. Really. They're range balls. The noodles you were playing are about 50x better than Warbirds. They're actually horribly underrated balls. Real nice soft ball.
Pro V1s would actually hurt high handicappers because of the spin. Most high handicappers have swing path issues (almost always OTT) which result in slice spin. A high spin ball like the Pro V1 would accentuate their slices causing shots to veer much further offline than they would with lower priced, lower spin balls. Plus, most higher handicappers do not correctly hit down on the ball to take advantage of the spin anyway.

Yep. Nail on the head. I bet if you get one of those high handicappers (assuming they're losing most of their strokes in the woods, not on the green) to play a nice low spin ball they'll play 4 or 5 strokes better than they would normally with a ProV.

Waiting out the 2 feet of snow that just dropped on the course....

Excuse me while I puke.

When I first started out, I could really care less what I played since they most likely did not last 9 holes. Like he said a ball is a ball and you aren't very keen on which ball is hard or soft when you are first starting out.

« Keith »

Since I got access to TMAG I only spend about $25 for a dozen of Pentas which is the same price as NXT's or most mid range balls so I just stick with that.

I love the callaway tour i's...no doubt my favorite ball to play.

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

If I had to pick a favorite ball it would be the Nike P-D soft. Best performance for the $$ IMO. But I think golf balls are like cars, there is a reason there is more than one on the market.

Butch

It's what I'm fitted to play but rarely do.

It's what you're "fitted to play"? How so?!?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

It's what you're "fitted to play"? How so?!?

Ball fitting at Golf Galaxy. I think the Tour iZ was my number 1 followed by the Z-Star and Penta.

Pretty cool stuff getting a list of balls and their control/distance numbers based on your swing.

Waiting out the 2 feet of snow that just dropped on the course....

Note: This thread is 4175 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!