IGNORED

balls ... whatever .....

Note: This thread is 4154 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yeah man, Callaway Warbirds are total POS! They're literally rocks and I'm scared to hit them with a driver because they're obnoxiously loud! Even Top Flite XL2000 are better than those.

Now one ball I really do like is the NXT Tours. I used to play Pro V1/V1Xs and the nxt tours fly farther with ever club. The greenside spin is decent too.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah man, Callaway Warbirds are total POS! They're literally rocks and I'm scared to hit them with a driver because they're obnoxiously loud! Even Top Flite XL2000 are better than those.

At the end of the season I switched over to the NXT Tours from a Pro V1 and I liked it. The only performance difference I noticed right away is it feels quite different off the putter. Pro V's got them beat by a mile but I'm sure it's an adjustment period. I plan on starting next season with the NXT Tour and see how it goes but like a lot of people have said "put a good swing on the ball..." The other thing I noticed was how clean and shiny the NXT was even after a full round. I used the same ball for all 18 holes and could only see the slightest of scuff mark on the ball. Not used to seeing that after playing Pro V's for the last 3 years! Some of those Pro V's looked like they did a tour in Afghanistan after 18 holes.

So no one likes the warbirds? I'm aware they're not the greatest two piece out there (and callaway dimples will occasionally mess with my head)but I've never had a bad experience with them.

Some previous posters pretty much conveyed my thoughts on the subject perfectly, so i won't just repeat some one elses post, but i will say that if having a brand new out-of-the-sleeve ball at your feet makes you feel more confident, then by all means, buy some. If paying a little out of your pocket helps you commit to your shot, even if it is all mental, it is worth it. Just my two cents.

I thought I needed a great ball to improve my game when I began improving, but realized that all I was doing was wasting money. I do prefer a softer feeling ball, but there are other cheap options just to get a softer ball.

I bought 3 dozen Maxfli Revo-Soft balls from Dick's for like $30 last weekend, and I actually like them. I was playing with Laddies before these.

Ive only played with the warbird plus, I liked them and they are far from rocks. Im sure the warbirds are fine as well. lol @ being afraid to hit them with your driver.

Ive only played with the warbird plus, I liked them and they are far from rocks. Im sure the warbirds are fine as well. lol @ being afraid to hit them with your driver.

Kinda what I was thinking too. They don't sound any different off my driver than any other ball. Of course if he has one of those clanky oil can drivers, then who knows...

By the way, I don't normally use Warbirds, but I have hit one that I've found occasionally after losing a couple of my E6's and not wanting to donate any more new balls to the golf gods.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

At the end of the season I switched over to the NXT Tours from a Pro V1 and I liked it. The only performance difference I noticed right away is it feels quite different off the putter. Pro V's got them beat by a mile but I'm sure it's an adjustment period. I plan on starting next season with the NXT Tour and see how it goes but like a lot of people have said "put a good swing on the ball..." The other thing I noticed was how clean and shiny the NXT was even after a full round. I used the same ball for all 18 holes and could only see the slightest of scuff mark on the ball. Not used to seeing that after playing Pro V's for the last 3 years! Some of those Pro V's looked like they did a tour in Afghanistan after 18 holes.

I did the same. It was interesting, I orderd a dozen 5 star PRO-V1s from lostgolfballs.com for $22/dozen, and they were in great shape. But then I ordered 3 dozen 5 star NXT-Tours from golfballsdirect.com for $11/dozen, and they were pristine. After reading this, I realize the difference had nothing to do w/ the vendors, but the durability of the ball. So fyi, $11/dozen 2010 nxt tours at golfballsdirect.com or lostgolfballs.com are a great deal. I know everyone says, but, seriously, they look brand new.

I changed from lostgolfballs to golfballsdirect simply b/c I live in TX and I'd have to pay taxes on purchases from lostgolfballs. LGB actually has lower prices than GBD if you can avoid the TX state sales tax.

Nothing wrong with used golf balls but for the most part I'd rather play a new ball. I recently bought AD333 ($12/dozen), D2 Feel ($12/15-pack), and Nike One Tour ($15/dozen). Maybe it's only me but I find that turf sticks to older balls more and I'd much rather not play a mud ball. I might sound OCD but I attribute this to older ball covers being rougher and newer ball covers being smoother.

« Keith »

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought 6 boxes of the Noodle N LTD Limited for $8 a box and they play well for the winter time for me.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Balls absolutely matter, they are they only piece of equipment used on every swing.  It all works together though, the swing, the lie, the club, and what you want to do with the ball.  I think that for most people a mid range ball like the Titleist NXT or NXT Tour or Bridgestone e5, e6, e7, would fit well.  Most folks don't have the swing or sharp groves on their wedges to take advantage of the performance that a top end ball (Pro V, B330, etc.) has to offer.  I think that sticking with a ball and figuring out its capabilities is the best.

R11 10* | cobra.gif Baffler TWS 20*

titleist.gif AP2 4-PW |vokey.gif 52*, 56* and nike.gif60* SV Tour |  Scotty Cameron Newport 2 TOUR ONLY | ping.gif Hoofer | titleist.gif NXT Tour

What are some mid level golf balls? I like Noodle and Callaway Warbirds, not sure what type of Titliest I have hit mainly found ones. I do like the Nike soft in the green package. Could it also be a mental thing with certain types? Oh I am a beginner and have an avg. swing speed of 88 if that helps to answer.

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Originally Posted by jmanbooyaa

What are some mid level golf balls? I like Noodle and Callaway Warbirds, not sure what type of Titliest I have hit mainly found ones. I do like the Nike soft in the green package. Could it also be a mental thing with certain types? Oh I am a beginner and have an avg. swing speed of 88 if that helps to answer.

Top Flite Gamer v2.  Three-piece construction like the NXT Tour but at half the price.

Thanks Gordon, Thanks for the info. I have a few sleeves of the NXT Tour I got from  Sports Authority for really cheap. Have to be honest I prefer Noodle and the Callaway Warbirds to them.

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

If you're swing speed is ~88mph, avoid anything with "Tour" in the name. Look for a lower compression ball. Wilson Staff have a few that are great balls for lower swing speeds.

Originally Posted by jmanbooyaa

Thanks Gordon, Thanks for the info. I have a few sleeves of the NXT Tour I got from  Sports Authority for really cheap. Have to be honest I prefer Noodle and the Callaway Warbirds to them.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I play the cheapo fluorescent yellow Toplite's - love having a different color ball than whomever I'm playing with.

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks for the info. I will try and pick up a pack of the Srixon soft. So my swing speed needs a soft ball? Hmm is that why I liked the Nike soft in the green package when I used them? Very interesting. Thanks again for the info.

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

Note: This thread is 4154 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!