IGNORED

balls ... whatever .....

Note: This thread is 4179 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Really? I'd have to go with the Nike One Tour. There seem to be a lot of Tiger wannabes playing them this year, judging from the number of them I find out on the course compared to Pro V1s.

I guess it's a regional thing. I could count on one hand the number of nike tour balls I found this year and have 4 fingers left. I've found a lot of Callaway and Titleist tour balls though.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess it's a regional thing. I could count on one hand the number of nike tour balls I found this year and have 4 fingers left. I've found a lot of Callaway and Titleist tour balls though.

I haven't seen a Callaway ball on any of the courses I play this whole year. Either the people who use them are really good or there just really isn't a lot of people playing them.

I do find several pro V1's a month but the balls I find the majority of the time are top flites(the bad ones) or pinnacles or Bridgestone balls. I have come to the conclusion based on where I find the pro V's is that its good players hitting an errant shot and just not bothering to look for them. They are usually very visable where they lay.

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

I have come to the conclusion based on where I find the pro V's is that its good players hitting an errant shot and just not bothering to look for them. They are usually very visable where they lay.

That's freaking hilarious.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I see a lot let's say high and midhigh cappers playing Pro V1 or similar in their signature, but I see also a lot of really low cappers saying in their sig that they play what ever they can find.

LOL, welcome to the lucid side of reality. The only difference in balls basically is, if you want distance you will do better with a low or mid level ball. If you want action around the green, (more spin) use a softer ball or tour level ball; especially the tour level b/c that is what they are designed for.

I'll play whatever, but I don't think anyone will turn down a premium ball, especially when it comes to wedge/putter response and feel.

Top Flight Gamer V2 and NXT Tours are my fav low and mid priced balls.

Titleist Bias - 907D2 9.5 V2 Stiff | 906F2 15 V2 Stiff | 710MB 3-PW DG300 | 52, 56 SM Vokes | Tom Slighter - 2007 Tacoma FPR

Ha, Top Flight Gamer V2 i've read some good reviews about. I ordered them a couple of days ago, and will soon find out for myself how good they are. Since i'm a high handicapper, I just want a ball with a little bit more feel than the standard hard Top Flite. Nothing fancy.

• 2 months later...
Just wanted to post in here since I have finally gotten to use a Top Flight Gamer V2 this past week.

I have come to the conclusion that it really is a decent ball and I don't mind using this instead of a Pro V1 since I can make it spin back about 6 ft with my wedges and with irons it stops very nicely on the greens.

Balls I use are:
Pro V1
NXT Tour
Top Flight Gamer V2..

- VR Pro LTD - 9.5 Ahina X

- VR_S 3, 5 woods - Fubuki X

- VR Pro Combo - 3-Pw S300's
nike.gif - VR VRev Wedges - 52, 58 

- Method 001 - 34in.

- 20XI-S

- 20XI Staff Bag

Mid-spin ball user for a looong time, mostly due to the limited durability of the premium balls. Spinning it back to the flag is nice. Ruining the cover in less than 9 holes is not. Then I discovered the magical Srixon Z-Star this past summer. No way a ball that spins this much should have a cover this durable!

:macgregor: V Foil 8.5*    :tmade: Mid Rescue 16*  -- :wilsonstaff: RM  2 thru Wedge -- :vokey: 56/10  -- :scotty_cameron: Studio Design 2  & a  :srixon: Z Star 

Since I got access to TMAG I only spend about $25 for a dozen of Pentas which is the same price as NXT's or most mid range balls so I just stick with that.

If I lose more than a sleeve of pentas in a round I'll play whatever I found on the course the round before or TM Burner TP's which are $19.99/dozen at most stores now.

In terms of finding balls, I've left a couple rounds with a dozen+ ProV's. People LOVE that ball around here (no surprise) also find a ton of Callaway Tour i's

Waiting out the 2 feet of snow that just dropped on the course....

Some good low-mid price 2-piece balls on sale for Cyber Monday. Srixon AD333 $12/dozen, Wilson 50/50, and TopFlite D2 Feel $12 for 15-pack. Premium ball wise I think the Z*Star's are $75 for 3 dozens over at RBG. I definitely have enough golf balls to last me through the entire next season and then some.

« Keith »

I play with the pro v1x mainly because of the greenside spin. I am a very aggressive chipper and need something that stops quick. Also, for me they are longer off the driver than regular v1. I do buy X-outs though. They are the exact same thing, but with a few tiny blemishes here and there and cost much less. I will never pay $45 for a dozen balls. Since switching to the Prov1 I have been getting up and down alot more, which is leading to lower scores. Can I get buy with a top flite rock, sure. But, I shoot lower scores with the V1x and that is whay I buy them
Driver: taylormade.gif R9 Superdeep TP 8.5* - Aldila RIP 70x | 3-Wood: taylormade.gif R9 TP 15* - Diamana Blueboard 83x | Hybrid: taylormade.gif Rescue TP 19* - Motore F3 95x | Irons: taylormade.gif RAC TP MB 3-PW - Dynamic Gold x100 | Wedges: taylormade.gif TP xFT 54.12* and 60.10* - Dynamic Gold s400 | Putter:  ping.gif Karsten Anser - 33"

I play with the pro v1x mainly because of the greenside spin. I am a very aggressive chipper and need something that stops quick. Also, for me they are longer off the driver than regular v1. I do buy X-outs though. They are the exact same thing, but with a few tiny blemishes here and there and cost much less. I will never pay $45 for a dozen balls. Since switching to the Prov1 I have been getting up and down alot more, which is leading to lower scores. Can I get buy with a top flite rock, sure. But, I shoot lower scores with the V1x and that is whay I buy them

Well I guess you won't be going out to any tournaments.

« Keith »

If I'm going to a tourney and need some conforming balls then I'll pony up for the "real deal". But that is not very often. I mostly play against myself

Driver: taylormade.gif R9 Superdeep TP 8.5* - Aldila RIP 70x | 3-Wood: taylormade.gif R9 TP 15* - Diamana Blueboard 83x | Hybrid: taylormade.gif Rescue TP 19* - Motore F3 95x | Irons: taylormade.gif RAC TP MB 3-PW - Dynamic Gold x100 | Wedges: taylormade.gif TP xFT 54.12* and 60.10* - Dynamic Gold s400 | Putter:  ping.gif Karsten Anser - 33"

I know X's are longer off the tee...but if your game is really agressive around the green why not play the normal Prov's which have more spin?

Just curious, seems a bit odd.

Waiting out the 2 feet of snow that just dropped on the course....

I try and play the premium balls for the short game feel. With the Nike One Tour D or Tour being $30 bucks a dozen right now you really can't go wrong. But if I'm low on cash (which is a lot of the time) then i just play the recycled balls they sell at like GolfSmith or even Fred Meyer's for like $13 bucks. They work just fine and i still get that short game control that helps my scores out tremendously.

I know X's are longer off the tee...but if your game is really agressive around the green why not play the normal Prov's which have more spin?

Maybe as an agressive "chipper" he likes less spin, so the ball doesn't spin off line when it lands on the putting surface. Maybe by agressive, he means he tries to run every chip into the hole.

The short game spin of both the V1 and the V1x is about the same actually. The V1x has less spin off of the driver and Irons, though.

Note: This thread is 4179 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!