IGNORED

Taylormade burner 2.0

Note: This thread is 3975 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Is it just me or has TM become the gimmick king of the universe lately? Not that the actual clubs are gimmicks, but the marketing makes me scratch my head a little bit.

Their 4i is the same loft as my 3h...

Is it just me or has TM become the gimmick king of the universe lately? Not that the actual clubs are gimmicks, but the marketing makes me scratch my head a little bit.

Yep, pretty dumb. They are gonna get terrible maltby ratings

Argh! I wish I was there to heckle, not one part of that presentation is new.

Different kick points in each shaft for each club? Really?????? New technology???? Please, how stupid do you think people are?

Thin face? That's fine as long as you get it out of the middle, if you don't, you are worse off.

Technology has been maxed out in every part of the game, in most cases it will be wound back in the net few years, so his whole presentation about moving forward at a rapid rate is crap.

The one thing I wish the USPGA and R&A; could limit is BS marketing like this.

same burner Iron stamped 2.0 with stonger lofts!!!

oh but wait your forgot!!!! The old only appealed to 5-20 hc, nooooowwwww these are for EVERYONE!! haahah

I like how their website used to compare the Burners to many competitors' clubs. If I remember correctly, the TMs were 10 yards longer than my AP2s.
The Titleist website says that a stock AP2 6 iron has a loft of 31* and a shaft length of 37.5 inches
According to TaylorMade, a Burner 6 iron has a loft of 27* and a shaft length of 37.625 inches.
That pretty much explains why the Burners are 10 yards longer. It's like hitting a 5 iron (burner) vs. a 6 iron (AP2) and saying the five iron goes further.

I've gotten to the stage where I don't even understand the point behind their marketing anymore.

"Thin Face. The thinner the face, the more ball speed and distance the iron can produce. Incredibly important in long irons."
One, a thin face is nothing new. Two, why does this company, who claim to have pioneered long-iron replacements (hybrids) even bother with long irons in their set... especially when the target audience for GI equipment is supposed to be crap at hitting long irons?

"Head Shapes. Longer irons have larger heads while scoring iron heads are more compact."
Again, progressive head sizes are nothing new, so why do it now and make a big deal over it?

I can't find the specs on these irons, but I presume the 3-iron is 39.5" and 19* loft, so basically we'll start hearing the tired argument about long-irons being harder to hit (hmm, I wonder why) and that the high-handicapper should dump the 3, 4, 5 and possibly even 6 iron in favour of more expensive hybrids.

I wonder if the quarterly marketing drivel is the reason why mid-to-high handicappers take an interest in blade / muscle-back clubs. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm sick of the same crap that promises to produce miracle results from a crap swing.

Gordon McTavish, according to the TaylorMade website both shaft length and loft are as you mentioned.
http://www.taylormadegolf.com/mainle...html?IsPopUp=0
I'm just as surprised as you that so many people believe in the marketing crap they come up with when it's just a bunch of BS.

I think in the new commercials, you should be able to beat Rory Sabbatini's face in with these rather than listen to whatever banal filth he decides to spew out his wordhole.

I like Taylor Made clubs (especially their woods) and I love the fact that they release clubs every 5 minutes, but I hate the stupid things they do to say their clubs good really long. Adding shaft length, lower lofts. It's just dumb.
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You know, if Taylormade would just ditch this BS and release their tour clubs to the public, they'd be so much better. Their tour issued clubs are great, the consumer R9 and R9TP are cast junk that's delofted to the 9s. The R9TB-B is a carbon steel cavity back, a good club. Their tour issue drivers are low spin, their consumer models are very high spin. They pretty much sell super long, whippy shafted, delofted, cheaply cast junk with fancy badges and a bunch of marketing gimmicks. The old TM Rac MB forged clubs were wonderful, as were the matching wedges. Now they have this "xFT" crap that looks like something from a bad sci-fi golf movie.

If you like long and flashy GI clubs with strong lofts than you should like these clubs ,but for people with taste and a decent swing who could care less about distance and more about feel and workability than you will not like them. If your gonna buy a Tayormade GI CB why not just go for the R9 they have good distance and they are not near as busy in the back.

It looks like they may be coming out with new blades as well. http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/...lade-spy-pics/

You know, if Taylormade would just ditch this BS and release their tour clubs to the public, they'd be so much better. Their tour issued clubs are great, the consumer R9 and R9TP are cast junk that's delofted to the 9s. The R9TB-B is a carbon steel cavity back, a good club. Their tour issue drivers are low spin, their consumer models are very high spin. They pretty much sell super long, whippy shafted, delofted, cheaply cast junk with fancy badges and a bunch of marketing gimmicks. The old TM Rac MB forged clubs were wonderful, as were the matching wedges. Now they have this "xFT" crap that looks like something from a bad sci-fi golf movie.

Whats with the hate on TM? The XFT wedge design is a different way to go about wedge groove maintenance. No other company had that idea out there before them and yet its "crap"? If any other brand made them first I highly doubt you would be ragging on them for it.

Note: This thread is 3975 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!