IGNORED

Kaymer wins again

Tiger Spuds
Note: This thread is 4916 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

KLM Open in the Netherlands. He won by four in the end, very comfortable all the way. Wasn't the strongest field ever but a win is a win and that's his second win in 2 starts. He won twice in a row last year (French and Scottish Opens). This guy is going to be one of the World's best players for a long, long time. Expecting big things from him in the Ryder cup also.
A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

He appears to have the tools to be good for the long haul. But there have been others that have come and gone when I thought the same about them. You just never know.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

Ever since he started playing on the European Tour he has been very steady, despite having to deal with family issues and one injury that took him out for a while. Congrats to his wins.

I would love to see Kaymer go up against Kuchar in the Ryder Cup - two of the hottest (steadiest) guys around at the moment.

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

Ever since he started playing on the European Tour he has been very steady, despite having to deal with family issues and one injury that took him out for a while. Congrats to his wins.

A nice little Fade v Draw battle.

A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

• 4 weeks later...
And another win under his belt.

Kaymer wins the Dunhill Links C'ship @ St. Andrews and his third tournament in a row.

In my Tour Combo Bag:

Driver: Superquad 9.5°
5W: 2008 Burner 18°
3H: Idea Pro Gold 20°4H: 2008 Burner Rescue 22°Irons: MP52 R300 5-PWedges: Vokey SM 50.08, 54.11, 58.04, 60.11Putter: Itsy Bitsy SpiderBall: TP Red

4 wins for the year now. Obvious choice for Player of the year.

Gotta wonder how good this guy will get. During 17 events on the European Tour including co-sanctioned tournaments this year he averages 20th place, with 9 top-10`s.

The odds of him not picking up another major in 2011 is slim to none.

The following sticks of wonder are found in the orange bag of carrying
Driver : R9 460 9.5 Regular
Rescue : Halo 2i Regular
Irons : X20 tour 3-p Project X 5.0
Wedges : Vokey 52, XFT 56, 60Putter : VP 109

4 wins for the year now. Obvious choice for Player of the year.

In the Euro tour or the PGA tour?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

In the Euro tour or the PGA tour?

Well since the PGA championship is his only win on the PGA tour, European tour obviously. Maybe the PGA and Euro tour together should have a 'World player of the year' award, that'd be interesting.

• Administrator

Good for him.

Lee needed to finish T2 (3-way) or better to be #1 right? T11 won't cut it, but I think I heard if he finishes 20th or better this week and next he'd also do it... but then I also heard he's taking a few months off now to continue to rehab his calf.

Martin Kaymer, yawn. I'm biased against Euros winning majors or tournaments because they tend to stay in Europe more than I'd like. I want to see great players, not have them play an ocean away. Rory playing the PGA Tour a lot this year was good, for example... I don't dislike Euros - I just dislike good players playing where I can't easily see them.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Good for him.

Westwood is not playing for a while but by all accounts will take number 1 in a few weeks anyway, as Woods points erode faster than his.

I find it slightly odd that you are unhappy to see Kaymer on TV from 5 time zones east, but you would probably be happy enough to watch him on TV from 6 time zones west (in Hawaii)?

----------------------------------
909D3 10.5 Matrix Code 6
909F2 15.5 and 18.5 Whiteboard
585H Ozik Altus
MP68 4-P, KBS ZTP 52. 56, 60 KBS DASS Luke DonaldHome club: http://www.bearwoodlakes.co.uk/hm/hm.aspx

Westwood is not playing for a while but by all accounts will take number 1 in a few weeks anyway, as Woods points erode faster than his.

I think it's just because a huge chunk of Tiger's points are from 2 years ago, and since the OWGR points are only good for two years, his points are going away.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• Administrator
I find it slightly odd that you are unhappy to see Kaymer on TV from 5 time zones east, but you would probably be happy enough to watch him on TV from 6 time zones west (in Hawaii)?

They play only two tournaments in Hawaii.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

They play only two tournaments in Hawaii.

OK, so you dislike those too then?

CA is 3/5 as many time zones away from PA as the UK/Ireland and Portugal, so those events must irritate too.

----------------------------------
909D3 10.5 Matrix Code 6
909F2 15.5 and 18.5 Whiteboard
585H Ozik Altus
MP68 4-P, KBS ZTP 52. 56, 60 KBS DASS Luke DonaldHome club: http://www.bearwoodlakes.co.uk/hm/hm.aspx

Martin Kaymer, yawn.

I'm sure he'll be playing on the PGA Tour next year - he's already hinted at it.

Then you and every other American can watch everyone chasing him - because he's going to be world #1 for a long time.
TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

• Administrator
OK, so you dislike those too then?

No. They're the same number of time zones away, but they're in the proper direction: they're on in the evenings (and come during winter here, when I'm itching to see some nice weather). Euro Tour events are more likely to be on at 3am, not 3pm or 6pm.

CA is 3/5 as many time zones away from PA as the UK/Ireland and Portugal, so those events must irritate too.

You're really missing the point. Just about EVERY event the European Tour plays is 5+ time zones away AND in the mornings. Every PGA Tour event occurs 5 hours away or less and is on during the afternoons or evenings. That's it.

I watch a lot more PGA Tour events, so I know the competitors, the courses, and prefer it when good players play PGA Tour events rather than European Tour events. And most tend to play a fair amount over here.

No. They're the same number of time zones away, but they're in the proper direction: they're on in the evenings (and come during winter here, when I'm itching to see some nice weather). Euro Tour events are more likely to be on at 3am, not 3pm or 6pm.

That's unlucky - over in the UK, obviously the European Tour rounds are on during work hours...so it's a case of watching as much as possible on the Saturday/Sunday (or like today, I recorded the entore 4th session at St Andrews)....and then, a couple of hours later, we get every PGA Tour event which starts at 7pm!

Perfect.
TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

Good for him.

He's taking at least a month off and won't be back till the HSBC Champions at the earliest.

I'm biased against Euros winning majors or tournaments ...

Really? Well, I'll go to the foot of my stairs!

...because they tend to stay in Europe more than I'd like. I want to see great players, not have them play an ocean away.

Now you know how many in Europe feel - and why there may be a degree of delight with LW's decision to stay on the European Tour and disappointment with those who choose to spend most of their time an ocean and several timezones away from the Tour that brought them through in the first place!

Just as a matter of interest, If I had said "I'm biased against Yanks winning majors or tournaments because they tend to stay in America more than I like" adding "I'm really p***ed off because the so-called World Golf Championship events are overwhelmingly played in the USA, rather than around the world, which was the original idea - scuppered by a combination of Finchem's power plays and Americans' opposition to playing anywhere but their own continent" I wonder what the reaction would have been...?

Note: This thread is 4916 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!